Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Delux Retail
Karenx13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2009 21:23 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know why my PD7 has started crashing when in the middle of rendering a clip & tell me I don't have Dolby Digital capabilities? I have been using the dolby before this with no problem. My "Read Me" & The Director PDF say the PD7 has Dolby Digital 5.1. This is confusing and very frustrating...............Karen karen
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB
RAM Page File: 2082MB used, 10202MB available
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Karen,

Ok, I don't know the configuration of your system and I'm not a techie. The general advice on this sort of situation is to carry out a looksee over your system, reinstall some software and the re-install/locate any new drivers. You also have to be aware of updates (background updating) that can affect your system.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
Part A, check and update
Part C, carry out
Part D, yep, read this one.
Part E, F, G - they'll help

Part P and Q (Q in case you've used a divX in your project)

Part S - this deals with gathering "crash" information.

Please update your graphic card driver, Defragment your hard drives, edit from an internal hard drive NOT usb.

General info:
PD7 - image/tip guide resource for video editors
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page

PD7 - VIDEO guide resource for video editors
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

Sorry not to be precise and resolve this for you immediately. I've given some general things you MUST do. If the issue persists please post again.

Dafydd
Bob in Tucson
Member Location: Milwaukee, Denver, Tucson Joined: May 30, 2008 18:11 Messages: 133 Offline
[Post New]
Karen, this same problem happens to me on a recurring basis. The program will work anyway, but the only way I've found to cure it is to re-install. The best thing about PD is the people in the Forums !!!
Win-7 Ultimate, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Intel Core i7-980X, 12-GBs DDR3, Intel X25-M 160GB SDD, Asus nVidia GeForce GTX580 (1), Dell U3011 Monitor, Canon HF100 and HF-S21
Karenx13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2009 21:23 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to both Dafydd & Robert. Dafydd, I did look over, then copy & save all the info off the link you gave me. I intend to complete the project I'm currently working on & then appears I may need to uninstall & reinstall. It is making it through what I'm working on presently by having the save project set at 1min. That way most often I don't lose anything.
Thanks again Karen karen
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB
RAM Page File: 2082MB used, 10202MB available
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Karen,

Please carry out the following:
Open your project/PD
Director Chair icon - top left
File > export > Pack Project Materials > Browse and save to a folder

You have now saved the project's TIMELINE contents.

Next - go and defragment your hard Drive and carry out the re-install of PD.

1. You have saved your project - Exported it.
2. You have cleaned up your system

Now the one thing I want you to get in the habit of doing is to go to File > Save Project as, and select to save the project under a numerical name - change the number each time. Saving manually will ensure you have a fall back in case you have a crash.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 06. 2009 11:03