Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Final Output Window....can't get to it
rev3in1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2017 12:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have Powerdirector 14.0.2820.0 and my OS is Windows 10. Capture, Edit, and Produce work fine. When I go to Create Disk and get everything ready to create a 4.7 gb DVD with a 4.6 gb production and then press the Burn in 2D button it does nothing and will not go to the Final Output Window. I get the same results on a laptop with windows 7. Please help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2017 21:55

Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rev3in1,

I don't do disk's myself - but have you tried to burn to folder and then burn that to disc?

The reason I say this is I've seen lots of posts about problems burning to disc during the years.

Also I've seen that people says that the video is a size tha can be on a disc, but whwn it's getting burned it's quite bigger size. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
rev3in1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2017 12:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi rev3in1,

I don't do disk's myself - but have you tried to burn to folder and then burn that to disc?

The reason I say this is I've seen lots of posts about problems burning to disc during the years.

Also I've seen that people says that the video is a size tha can be on a disc, but whwn it's getting burned it's quite bigger size.

Hi Anja thanks for replying.

How do I burn it to a floder when it won't give me the final output window? I followed one thread that suggested producing it and saving it to a folder and then import it into burn to Disk but that did the same thing. When I click the burn 2D nothing happens and the final output window doesnot appear as it is supposed to. So I cannot even burn it to a folder.
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rev3in1,

I do not understand why you do not get the Final Output window.
I too have Powerdirector 14.0.2820.0 and my OS is Windows 10 64-bit.

When I click Create Disc, choose the 2D Disc tab, then DVD video 4.7 GB and click Burn in 2D I get the Final Output window where I can checkmark Create a folder.

Have you tried to burn an other project?
Eg. a tiny test project to see if it is a general problem.

I don't know how much free space PDR need for temporary files when creating disc, but have you checked if you have plenty of free space on the C drive?
Generally PDR generates many temporary files under the folder User / AppData / Roaming / Cyberlink

Perhaps one of the wise guys in this forum know what is wrong and will help you.

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have Powerdirector 14.0.2820.0 and my OS is Windows 10.

That does not tell us if you have the DE, HE, LE, Deluxe or other versions. It only said that it is patched. Cannot locate a comparison chart for the PD14 versions. You may need to contact Cyberlink services.

Is it possible that you are in a similar situation such as this this one: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51583.page .
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Where did you buy your copy of PD? Same issue on 2 machines makes me suspicious. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Perhaps this is one for CS.

OEM versions are often crippled in differing ways, depending on the manufacturers requirements.

Normally if burning is not available some message would be generated, usually via a pop up.

Try referring the issue to Customer Service but you must have all your original purchase information to give them, including version number and SR number.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Let the members know of the outcome and if you get a solution.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator.

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do