Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scroll wheel on timeline
Jonimus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2015 03:23 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded from PD13 to PD15 and I've noticed the scroll wheel functionality seems to be not working as it was previously. I used to be able to scroll up and down the project timeline bar with the video/audio clips on the bottom, but now it only seems to be partial functionality where i almost have to select a layer with my mouse first and it'll scroll to that layer then lock up. Scrolling up and down on my mouse wheel no longer takes me up and down on the timeline anymore.

I also notice that holding 'alt' and scrolling the wheel no longer moves the timeline left and right. Was this functionality removed or is there a way i can bring it back? It made life much easier.

Thanks,

Jon
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
For the scroll wheel, look at the right side of the screen (beyond the timeline) Do you see the verticle scroll bar? Does it indicate that there are more tracks that are unseen?

For the Horizontal scrool, do you have a video that extends beyond what you can see on the screen.

I just tried it on my mouse and tit scrolls (both directions) . I wonder if this is a Windows/Mouse issue rather than a PowerDirector issue? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I recently upgraded from PD13 to PD15 and I've noticed the scroll wheel functionality seems to be not working as it was previously. I used to be able to scroll up and down the project timeline bar with the video/audio clips on the bottom, but now it only seems to be partial functionality where i almost have to select a layer with my mouse first and it'll scroll to that layer then lock up. Scrolling up and down on my mouse wheel no longer takes me up and down on the timeline anymore.

I also notice that holding 'alt' and scrolling the wheel no longer moves the timeline left and right. Was this functionality removed or is there a way i can bring it back? It made life much easier.

Yes, those 2 functionalities of the scroll wheel did change at PD15 for me too, I don't know how to get them back. PD14 still functioned like you are used to in PD13 but PD15 does not. To me a GUI interface bug.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jon and all -

Confirmed here too. I'd never noticed it because I haven't made it part of my habitual workflow.

In PDR15, it's necessary to click - scroll - click - scroll - click scroll (and the scroll is limited), where in PDR13 the sam movement is easier (no need to keep clcicking). Same applies to horizontal scroll, using "Alt".

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm, I wonder why it seems to work for me -- perhaps I'm not understanding the problem correctly. undecided .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve -

Here's what I get in PDR 14 & 15...

Does yours behave differently?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jonimus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2015 03:23 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Steve -

Cheers - Tony

Thank you, Tony, for posting this video. That's the exact functionality issue I'm having.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote Hi Steve -

Cheers - Tony

I get it now - yes mine works the same. .
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Same for me, too. I don't really care for the new modus operandi. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Was this functionality removed or is there a way i can bring it back? It made life much easier.

If life was difficult and you don't mind using a beta release, this one corrects the mouse scroll functionality.

Quote: Fixes the issue that the mouse wheel scrolling behavior is changed when clicking on the timeline.-
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50731.page#post_box_266412

Or if beta releases are not for you, it looks like the capability will be restored to previous functionality in the next official release.

Jeff