Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Out of sync with video AFTER Produce SOLVED
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Reporting in that I'm also having the issue on PD 18. I'll try the fix mentioned here. Also it looks like the transitions are throwing off the sync: they don't seem to adjust the audio and video the same when doing overlap/cross. (And why is "overlap" now the default? What did I miss?)

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to regarding sync being thrown off (a screen recording would be ideal)

The default setting can be changed by going to Preferences, Editing. You can also change an individual transition's style by selecting it and clicking Modify above the timeline.
Fiddlermaker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2017 00:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Seems like the users are finding workarounds for PD "upgrades." Shaking my head, but extremely greatful for the users who have found a fix for this problem. This has been EXTREMELY frustrating for me. I'm not sure this will fix things as far as exporting to YouTube, but I have my fingers crossed.
ReiRei007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2021 18:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It is frustrating that some tv shows that i recorded have audio video sync issues. I finally found a method that actually worked. I had to re-encode (transcode) my multiple clips (H.264 variable framerate) using handbrake....changed video framerate....make sure it was set on constant. I plugged my multple clips into PowerProducer 15 and merged and converted to H.265. I am so happy i finally found a way to merge some of my tv show clips into a whole clip/tv episode.

If i still need to use two seperate softwares to convert/merge/convert my clips into the desired H.265 tv clip, I may need to wait for PD20
Strattino_Cactus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2021 20:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I figured it out, though this might be outdated

You set the video preveiw to a different frame rate then what it should be, the preveiw frame rate has to be equal to the mp4's frame rate, otherwise the software tries to compensate for the missing frames and adds time that shouldn't be there, hence the delay
ReiRei007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2021 18:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I figured it out, though this might be outdated

You set the video preveiw to a different frame rate then what it should be, the preveiw frame rate has to be equal to the mp4's frame rate, otherwise the software tries to compensate for the missing frames and adds time that shouldn't be there, hence the delay

Okaaaayyy. I thought it was pretty obvious that the frame rates have to be the same. 9/10 of my tv shows that i record are using variable framerates. That is what the problem is with PowerProducer software. It does not do well with clips recorded in variable frame rates. That is why i had to use another software to transcode the video so all my frames are constant (23.9, 24, 29.97, 30....depends on the tv show....go figure).

I have even tried clearing the shadow files, someone else's solution....did not work for me either
abinoraphael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2022 22:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I noticed that the videos from my smartphone are of much larger size than normal videos. I used Handebrake to reduce the size of the video and then produced it in PD. That solved the problem for me.