Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Download or buy disc set
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I currently use PD 11 Ultimate Suite on a Windows 10 pc and am considering PD 14 Ultimate purchase which can presumably work with the other PD 11 'Suite' products. They have good offers out just now. Would you recommend a download upgrade or purchase of the disc set. I have usually favoured having a disc set but this is probably just 'old fashioned me'.

Is there a feature comparison between these versions available.

Thanks Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You asked for a comparison chart.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultimate/compare_en_US.html

Disk set is good in that you alway have the original installation files. (If you do not lose the disk!)

With a Download version, you must copy the original download files and the product key Email to DVD or to external backup storage.

The links to the download do not last very long. For your own safety copy the downloaded files to a safe storage. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I'd go the download route and if you want a hard copy disc backup, simply save the software to a DVD.
Dafydd

Edit: Carl

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2016 13:33

RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl & Dafydd. I had forgot that if I import the boxed product then I face significant local costs (Norway) so I reckon download is the way to go in this instance. I had forgot that you can copy the PD 14 programme files etc to an ext HD or DVD ... Cyberlink offer an extended download.

Cheers Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
RonH
[Post New]
Just now downloading all PD 14 files ... I am purchasing the full version rather than an upgrade. Will first save an external copy as recommended and then install. Do I have to uninstal my PD 11 or can it stay in situ? Haven't used PD for a while but I know I have some special Titles, Media etc. How can I copy these to my PD 14?

Apologies if this is already covered in a previous thread but I don't want to disturb my rather slow download at 4.5Mb ... going to take a while!

Cheers Ron

Just found this thread:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26865.page

Seems that it is OK to have full versions on the same pc and both of mine (PD11 and now the PD14) are full versions. Would appreciate confirmation that this does still apply today.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 08. 2016 13:22

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
I have both 12 and 14 with no problems...only one can be running at a time though. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
RonH
[Post New]
Thanks for this confirmation ... I will hit the 'install buttons' and report back.

But why so many files ... surely Cyberlink could combine PD14 and extras into one file, albeit rather large. Good product though, been using it casually since version 2009.

Cheers Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
RonH
[Post New]
PD 14 installed ... completed OK and PD 11 retained 'as is'.

I also installed the Adorage/Vitascene packs though I am not sure if I will use these. Are they popular packs with other PD users? CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)