Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
***** PowerDirector 14 beta patch (v2207) **** 2015-10-14
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink release information

PowerDirector 14 beta patch (v2207)

Download link: http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR151008-015/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Release note:

- Refines lens correction parameters for some camera models.
- Fixes crashing issue when entering Action Camera Center with a single frame clip.
- Fixes image tracker disappearance in Title Designer.
- Fixes crashing issue when burning H.264/1440x1080/60i Blu-ray Discs with hardware encoding.
- Fixes the disappearance of color presets after installing presets from CyberLink DirectorZone.
- Fixes video production issues when using profiles with NVIDIA hardware encoding.
- Fixes broken frame issues when rendering HEVC video using SVRT.
- Enhances AVI video compatibility for creating discs and producing video in Windows 10.

Previous beta:

2130, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45816.page#236780

Please add any beta issues to this thread as it is monitored by CyberLink.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 20. 2015 04:02

yukeelun8046 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2015 02:31 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
thx Dafydd B

thx for support frequent
yukeelun8046 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2015 02:31 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
do u have email that i can forward my issue video file for u to have a look??

many thx
[Post New]
Here continues the error, edit in Pip Designer, change aspect ratio (photo) when we apply some effect, even only a fade in / out

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2015 07:29

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
PlaySound -

Yes - the 2207 beta patch has not resolved the aspect ratio issue with PiP Designer I reported here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45816.page#236827 and it's unknown to forum members whether that was passed on to CL.

Anyway - the issue still exists which is why I've reverted to 2019. Whatever other fixes were made, if I can't use PiP Designer at all PDR is next to useless (for me).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BigEric
Newbie Location: Standish, England Joined: May 15, 2010 13:57 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: PlaySound -

Yes - the 2207 beta patch has not resolved the aspect ratio issue with PiP Designer I reported here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45816.page#236827 and it's unknown to forum members whether that was passed on to CL.

Anyway - the issue still exists which is why I've reverted to 2019. Whatever other fixes were made, if I can't use PiP Designer at all PDR is next to useless (for me).

Cheers - Tony

HELP!!!

WHY DO I DOWNLOAD UPGRADES ON TRUST ???

Just a quick visit to PiP screws up the aspect ratio to 4:3 from 16:9. All "upgrades" should come with an "if it ain't wrong (for you) don't fix it" caveat. My new DS4 download is now useless to me.

I echo the points already logged by Playsound and Ynotfish.

Dafydd : the Rugger is OVER : get on Cyberlink's hotline please and tell them that they need to fix this problem now or face losing the faithful they have been so carefully nurturing

Thanks and Commiserations to the Welsh and the Scots,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2015 10:25

BigEric
(Like any complex skill, good videography gets easier with practice. And talent. And planning. And a love of the process)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi BigEric,
Well, CyberLink have been following the beta reports (and I have checked they are) and I know the PiP aspect ratio is one of the issues picked up ('cos I emailed them).
[CyberLink]
Yes, we are monitoring the thread. The beta issue will be fixed in the next beta version.

You'll need to re-install DS4 and deselect everything but PDR14. You should then get only PDR14 re-installed and it should overwrite the beta.
I cant make CyberLink correct a beta, until they're ready to do it, we have to wait.
I normally don't install the beta patches, I did for the previous one to correct a major Produce issue I was having - the beta didn't fix it. The issue was eventually found with the assistance of CyberLink R &D.

In my opinion - always tread carefully when deciding to instal a beta software version. If you're worried doing so... then don't!
Dafydd
BigEric
Newbie Location: Standish, England Joined: May 15, 2010 13:57 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
In my opinion - always tread carefully when deciding to instal a beta software version. If you're worried doing so... then don't!
Dafydd

Dafydd

I have been so excited with the DS4 bells and whistles, I hadn't noticed your clear warning that the patch was a beta software thingy. Sorry for taking your time on this and many thanks for your prompt reply (which worked).

Panic over. Will I ever learn? 'Er indoors says "NO"

Best Wishes BigEric
(Like any complex skill, good videography gets easier with practice. And talent. And planning. And a love of the process)
[Post New]
Dafydd B You'll need to re-install DS4 and deselect everything but PDR14. You should then get only PDR14 re-installed and it should overwrite the beta.

What does DS4?

I do not remember well, I guess installed PD14, v2019 updated to v2207.

Now PIP desinger worked well here. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
surprised Maybe I need to change my nick to Myrtle or something! I would have thought all members were entitled to the same basic courtesy & feedback.

PlaySound - DS4 = DirectorSuite 4... and are you saying that, with the 2207 beta patch installed, you don't have the same aspect ratio issues with PDR?

Cheers - Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
BigEric was in trouble, I helped him... end of story.
Dafydd
[Post New]
Quote: surprised Maybe I need to change my nick to Myrtle or something! I would have thought all members were entitled to the same basic courtesy & feedback.

PlaySound - DS4 = DirectorSuite 4... and are you saying that, with the 2207 beta patch installed, you don't have the same aspect ratio issues with PDR?

Cheers - Tony

Yes I had the problem with PIP v.2207.

I returned to v2019, new installation, updated straight to v2207.

Note: You still have error that is less perceived

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 19. 2015 18:31

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
ynotfish
[Post New]
No luck here PlaySound "undecided"

Clean install of PDR14 2019 - no aspect ratio issue in PiP Designer - install 2207 - issue returns.

16:9 image > Modify (no changes) > Save... 16:9 image distorted to something like 9:8 Screenshot attached

Fresh install of 2019 to follow.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Beta AR.png]
 Filename
Beta AR.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2302 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
126 time(s)

[Post New]
ynotfish, Thanks for correcting me

You're right I was just going to post what you've shown now.

I could have sworn I did the same test before and did not realize this difference.

Before it was different, it was more visible image distortion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2015 18:24

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
[Post New]
Small problem with effect particles.

Video shows the different behavior of the same effect on PD13 and PD14.

Movement, smooth the way I want

Movement, nervous and too scattered.

hard to set equal to PD13

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
New beta released: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45985.page#237824
Dafydd