Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd 10 will not play the starwars boxset
stiehl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2011 02:00 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: There are few (just google them) but I don't think they are any better.

Arcsoft Total Media theatre is much better than Cyberlink's piece of crab attempt. I was having trouble with this boxset and another bluray. They wouldn't even play in older versions of PowerDVD and had tons of stuttering/sound issues with 11. I downloaded the trial version of Arcsoft's player and guess what? It worked perfectly. Check it out for yourself.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The interface and features are also much nicer than Cyberlink's.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 26. 2011 03:43

Mooza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2011 07:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Playing Star Wars Episode I on Blu-Ray and get choppiness/pixelation randomly but usually after a few minutes. I find pausing and waiting 10 seconds usually fixes it. I get loud pops from the speakers also.

I have PowerDVD 11 that I just bought, a brand new media PC with a core i5-2500k on a Asus mini-itx Z68 motherboard. This set-up plays the dark knight at around 5% cpu usage with the cpu running at 1.8ghz.

When watching Star Wars, core 1 is running at 100% (3.5ghz, so turbo boost is pushing it high) but the video clock is only running at 850mhz (max is 1.1ghz). The other cpu cores are running at 2 to 5%.

This is ruining the movie watching experience and considering I bought this media box/powerDVD set-up solely for this Star Wars release, I would appreciate it being fixed soon.

cb rock [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2011 17:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
It's sad when Cyberlink cant fix this prob but I just went to HP ( if you have a HP ) and just fixed it . NO skipping works like a charm . Even HP said that CL cant fix it but we have . Just go to Update your MediaSmart/TouchSmart DVD
on HP's page and it took me 10min .
Miha [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2010 08:50 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
After Cyberlink support stating a patch for v9 will be available now I read this:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

"As the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for this version. Any Blu-ray Disc titles released after 2011 June may not be compatible with CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version. "

Extremely good work, guys. Brilliant I'd say.
Mooza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2011 07:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
At least you got a response. I still haven't even though my support ticket has been open for about 10 days. It might be time to get a refund and find better software.
stevebow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 06:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
An option is to purchase AnyDVD HD. It's well worth the money and will end any compatibility issues with PowerDVD or any DVD/BD software player as it "fools" the players to see the disks as unencrypted and/or region free. And it's updated very regularly too. It allowed me to play the Star Wars disks with PowerDVD 9 quite fine several weeks ago already, for example.
RockO2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2010 07:44 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
That is just unbeliveable.

it is like an ipod saying it won't play any music from 2012 plus......I can't belive it.....they are being so selfish and lazy.

I'll be sure never to recommend anything by cyberlink to anyone
RockO2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2010 07:44 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Have CyberLink Team fix the problem for PowerDVD 11 Then?

Can someone think me some information on this please
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please refer to this posting:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19254.page

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
maggot01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 17:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
That fix seems to have worked for me. Thank you.

Edit: I take that back. started getting choppy audio and video in chapters 26/27 of Episode 2. An improvement on before, but still issues to be solved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2011 15:42

[Post New]
Quote: An option is to purchase AnyDVD HD. It's well worth the money and will end any compatibility issues with PowerDVD or any DVD/BD software player as it "fools" the players to see the disks as unencrypted and/or region free. And it's updated very regularly too. It allowed me to play the Star Wars disks with PowerDVD 9 quite fine several weeks ago already, for example.
I can confirm this. I bought a lifetime update option for AnyDVD HD just before they removed the lifetime option, and I don't regret a single cent I paid. With that software, you will never have problems again with new BluRay releases.

Star Wars works just fine with it, and without "choppy" audio.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2011 10:38

My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

the PowerDVD 10 ULTRA Patch to v3322 has just been released.

PowerDVD 10 Patch to v3322 released

it fixes the FOX title issue (pixelation) and the analogue restriction issue.

Greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2009 07:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,

This has also stopped the imbalance in core use - cheers!
adamw264 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2011 15:03 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Where can I get the 3322 patch? There is the 3306 as the latest on the updates page, and the internal updater tells me there are no updates available.
ord_mantell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2011 16:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I agree. The latest link for patches for PowerDVD 10 is the 3306 update. I do this all the time in emails. "I have attached the file you need..." Reply from recipient: "You forgot to attach the file." "D'oh!" Please give us the link. :
ord_mantell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2011 16:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Found it using the internal updater. By the way, that internal updater is HARD TO FIND! Yikes... Anyway, thanks for the update. Looking forward to trying it out!
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2011 07:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink-Michael :Im so sorry to tell you that the 100% one core usage still is a problem,nothing has changed!At least for me on my pc.
Peter [Avatar]
[Post New]
ive installed the 3322 patch of course.im running on Vista 32bit
[Post New]
Quote: CyberLink-Michael :Im so sorry to tell you that the 100% one core usage still is a problem,nothing has changed!At least for me on my pc.

Hi,
this issue is not reltated to POwerDVD - it is related to the copy protection used by those specific titles.
We are working with Fox to identify the root cause.

The issue has no influence on the playback

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Maybe it's time to revisit the usage of those useless copy protections, which are "cracked" a few days after each new release anyway, and which only annoy honest customers, and not the pirates.

Just my 2 cents to this... maybe you can work with the Fox about that too, Michael. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
Peter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear CyberLink-Michael ,we users gonna appreciate if your team can find something to solve it.Its just no good when someone have a 4 or 6 core cpu's,but only one utilized at 100 percent,the rest of at 1-2.Good luck for the investigation.