Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BD movie in Win 10 are unwatchable
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
Member Location: US Joined: Nov 08, 2009 14:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
The subject of this thread being "BD movie in Win 10 are unwatchable" is unfortunately derailed!

I've never used PDVD 15 to play any kind of Blu-ray (physical) discs as I leave this job to a standalone device connected to the TV, having nothing to do with the computer.

The only reason to use the 3D feature of PDVD 15 is for playing downloaded 3D files when the PC is connected to a 3D TV via HDMI

Unless a PC is equipped with a Blu-ray player, I consider stupid buying one of those external optical Blu-ray drives when you can get a standalone one connected directly to the TV (which is much cheaper).

Thus I strongly believe that any software supporting any kind of Blu-ray (physical) disc playback is simply nonsense!

Now speaking about playback of ripped BDs in either file or ISO format there are plenty of free software supporting it and according to user reviews the software in the provided links support 3D file playback as well.

I'm not supposed to try anything for anybody as my intention to is to make PDVD 15 work as before and nothing more!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2015 07:17

No
stewart_pk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2014 06:36 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
You're a funny guy. I guess you didn't get any of those programs working!
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Some free Blu-ray 3D players (naturally having nothing to do with PowerDVD 15 quality) can be found at:

And let's just recap what you wrote before. Notice the bit that says "Blu-ray 3D players"
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I've never used PDVD 15 to play any kind of Blu-ray (physical) discs as I leave this job to a standalone device connected to the TV, having nothing to do with the computer.

The only reason to use the 3D feature of PDVD 15 is for playing downloaded 3D files when the PC is connected to a 3D TV via HDMI.

Thus I strongly believe that any software supporting any kind of Blu-ray disc playback is simply nonsense!

Well the fact is PowerDVD can play Blu-ray discs including 3D ones and many use it for this including myself. Go and use your FREE programs if you think they're so good for your purpose
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I've never used PDVD 15 to play any kind of Blu-ray (physical) discs as I leave this job to a standalone device connected to the TV, having nothing to do with the computer.

The only reason to use the 3D feature of PDVD 15 is for playing downloaded 3D files when the PC is connected to a 3D TV via HDMI.

Thus I strongly believe that any software supporting any kind of Blu-ray disc playback is simply nonsense!

Well the fact is PowerDVD can play Blu-ray discs including 3D ones and many use it for this including myself. Go and use your FREE programs if you think they're so good for your purpose

If you take some time to read the other users threads you'll see that not only True Theater Video Enhancements don't work in PDVD 15 any more but 3D playback as well for those upgraded to Win 10 with AMD drivers!

Thus just because for you PDVD 15 may work doesn't mean it's the same for everybody else!

You can get as ironic as you like but you can't deny the fact that at the moment those (free) software you mock work much better than PowerDVD 15 (costing $100) unless updated! No
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry I deny your claim, it's rubbish.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry I deny your claim, it's rubbish.

..exactly as rubbish as PowerDVD 15 is for the majority of users at the moment! No more!!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2015 07:48

No
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
At least you now admit what you said is rubbish
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: At least you now admit what you said is rubbish

...or much better at least go learn reading English!!!! No
d_mat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2015 19:45 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@ d_mat

That's partially true, meaning that you can enhance the video quality yourself through Catalyst Control Center, considering that PDVD 15 is among the supported video players. I would also advise to enable the "demo mode" option in CCC for even better results!

However you should know that these hardware acceleration enhancements have nothing to do with Cyberlink True Theater Video Enhancements! So far I've never had "hardware acceleration" selected on PDVD 15 options as the difference is-was simply ENORMOUS!!!! Even if I did when True Theater Video Enhancements were selected as well they always by-passed hardware acceleration

Besides you can find many free video players on the web supporting hardware acceleration, no need to pay $100, if you claim that you are still happy with it!

I could assure you though that the majority of PDVD 15 owners facing this issue is not happy at all and that's the reason we feel cheated!!!

I know it has nothing to do with TrueTheater enhancements, but all TrueTheater enhancements do is increase sharpness and optimizes the color configuration. You can do all of this in CCC and apply it to video players that support it. In CCC, I have Video Color set to "Theater" and Edge Enhancement set to 70. This replicates the TrueTheater settings I had in PowerDVD pretty well.

I got PowerDVD for free with an external blu ray drive that I purchased. So I didn't have to pay for it. But other free players don't typically play all blu rays and they don't play 3D blu rays at all.

Be sure that if it was this simple to replace or reproduce Cyberlink True Theater HD technology, the ONE AND ONLY REASON that makes PowerDVD 15 as exceptional and costly, nobody would have purchased it!

I dont know if those PowerDVD versions, offered for free together with some hardware you buy, have all the features of those purchased from the original Cyberlink site, but you make me suspect that they don't! It's simply unbelievable to me not being able to see the difference from any kind of enhancement that you managed to create, regardless from AMD or any other brand! As I said I've also tried everything in Catalyst Control Center without even approaching the results that True Theater Enhancements could produce!

Now every (free or not) Blu-ray player that gets updated regularly can play all new BDs! There are a few Blu-ray 3D free players as well. I wouldn't like to name any here but you can google it if you wish.

None could compare to PowerDVD 15 though, the way it was before the afore-mentioned issue!

And that's exactly what I'm struggling to bring back, no matter how.....!!!!!

It has every single feature as the version that can be purchased directly from Cyberlink. I have friends who have purchased PowerDVD from Cyberlink and have compared.

The only video setting that can't be replicated in CCC is TrueHD Lighting. But the image is extremley similar.
d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

If you take some time to read the other users threads you'll see that not only True Theater Video Enhancements don't work in PDVD 15 any more but 3D playback as well for those upgraded to Win 10 with AMD drivers!

Thus just because for you PDVD 15 may work doesn't mean it's the same for everybody else!

You can get as ironic as you like but you can't deny the fact that at the moment those (free) software you mock work much better than PowerDVD 15 (costing $100) unless updated!

Not true. 3D playback still works for me.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

@ d_mat

The fact that some features may work for some users while for some other may not doesn't mean that PowerDVD 15 doesn't need to get updated urgently to work for everybody. A short look at all those complaining in this section could persuade you!

I repeat True Theater HD technology has nothing to do with any kind of enhancement in Catalyst Control Center. You can ask any Cyberlink support representative about that! The difference is so extremely striking to the eyes that insisting makes believe that either you need an urgent eye check-up or you work for Cyberlink and you're trying to gain time before the crucial update! The latter is what I hope for while I'll be working on the social media as I can assure you that those facing this issue are a lot more you could believe! No
d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, it's too bad for you that you're experiencing such a substantial drop in video quality. I am still enjoying incredible video quality when viewing blu ray discs in PowerDVD.

I will welcome an update if Cyberlink releases one, but for me personally, it's not urgent at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2015 13:15

ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Well, it's too bad for you that you're experiencing such a substantial drop in video quality. I am still enjoying incredible video quality when viewing blu ray discs in PowerDVD.

I will welcome an update if they Cyberlink releases one, but for me personally, it's not urgent at all.

If you're trying to make it look as it's just myself, I prompt everybody reading this thread to take a look at the other threads in PowerDVD 15 section!

I applause the second part of your reply saying that it's only FOR YOU PERSONALLY!!!

Nothing more! No
TGMcCallie [Avatar]
Newbie Location: GA USA Joined: May 16, 2012 13:39 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I recontacted Cyberlink concerning not receiving answer to my previous ticket. I just now received answer back. They say

as we knew it was that AMD drivers 15 and update is not compatable with TT. Their engineers are workiing with AMD for update to

correct this problem and suggested rolling back to the vs. 14 that was working before the 15 update for Windows 10.

Hope they do get it worked out and AMD does release update that will correct this problem with Windows 10.

I have been unsuccessful in getting anyting from AMD at all......

We should not have to do any kind of tweeking in CCC to get this to work, it should work automatically like it is suppose to.

Tom
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I recontacted Cyberlink concerning not receiving answer to my previous ticket. I just now received answer back. They say

as we knew it was that AMD drivers 15 and update is not compatable with TT. Their engineers are workiing with AMD for update to

correct this problem and suggested rolling back to the vs. 14 that was working before the 15 update for Windows 10.

Hope they do get it worked out and AMD does release update that will correct this problem with Windows 10.

I have been unsuccessful in getting anyting from AMD at all......

We should not have to do any kind of tweeking in CCC to get this to work, it should work automatically like it is suppose to.

Tom

Just can't find words to thank you for your efforts!!!!

As said before many users will be grateful to you in case this brings the long desired update which is going to resolve the issue(s) eventually!!!

Cheers!!! No
TGMcCallie [Avatar]
Newbie Location: GA USA Joined: May 16, 2012 13:39 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I will not give up until it is done.

People who are on social media sites should keep going in
their effort to force Cyberlink to work through AMD and
get it done also.

Tom