Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD PROBLEM OR IS IT ME
Doc95942 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2015 02:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I am editing 4 - 1 hour takes of a stage play musical. I split a scene, then used crop to zoom in a little, then applied the straight 2d fade transition. In the transition, the scene zooms in and up, then black,then to next scene. There is no black between scenes.

Is the fade confused by the crop?

I'm a newbie on PD 13, Lenovo G570, 2GHz, 4G RAM, Intel HD GPU onboard
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am editing 4 - 1 hour takes of a stage play musical. I split a scene, then used crop to zoom in a little, then applied the straight 2d fade transition. In the transition, the scene zooms in and up, then black,then to next scene. There is no black between scenes.

Is the fade confused by the crop?

I'm a newbie on PD 13, Lenovo G570, 2GHz, 4G RAM, Intel HD GPU onboard
Most fade transitions do not go to Black. If you want fade to black you have to modify the transition to add the black.

One method: How to fade to black

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41467.page#213894 Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Just bye the bye, I've noticed that one of several differences between fade and cross fade is that the latter does a zoom in/out whilst doing the fade.

p.s. Just to add to what Carl said, have you extended the timeline and checked that you haven't got a gap between the clips where the fade is taking place. It's easily done to get a very small gap unintentionally.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2015 13:35

Doc95942 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl and Longedge for reply.
There was a gap between clips, so black showed in fade.

Question 1: How do I insure that a clip I drag to the timeline is butted up without a gap?

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Question 1: How do I insure that a clip I drag to the timeline is butted up without a gap?

My habit is to watch very carefully when I drag a new element on the timeline up to the last/previous one. I've got so that I can see the new clip or image snap into place. I add transitions as I go along and constantly preview the movie over the last transition. I also tend to work with the timeline stretched out so that only a small part of the project is showing onscreen and I use the scrubber at the bottom to move backwards and forwards. Just my way of working and I'm sure everyone develops their own habits. The important thing is to be aware of the (many) ways in which things can go awry so you can correct if necessary - and you're now aware of one of them wink smile
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
[quote=

Question 1: How do I insure that a clip I drag to the timeline is butted up without a gap?

I'm not at my machine, but from memory you can select "turn snapping on" I think it is on the preview quality button under the preview screen. If not, its one of those buttons. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How do I insure that a clip I drag to the timeline is butted up without a gap?

If you're inserting in a linear fashion, you can first move the scrubber to the end of the existing clip on the timeline, then right-click the new clip in the media area and "insert on selected track."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 30. 2015 00:58

Doc95942 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you longedge,Shadowman, and borgus, I'm trying to avoid "awry".

Question 2: When I used Sync by Audio across 4 - one hour clips of the same show, the clips were automatically broken up and placed onto 18 additional tracks. The sync was close, but not spot on and too many scattered clips to deal with. Should I clip my one hour show into the musical scenes, then Sync by Audio the 4 versions of the scene?

Question 3: If I can sync the 4 audio tracks, how can I keep the video clips in sync when I drag to the timeline?
Doc95942 [Avatar]
[Post New]
In Create a Disc, I want a Root menu with two buttons: Play(the main movie) and Bonus( 4 movies to choose one at a time). How do I find that menu structure already made up or can I make and assign to my own menu structure?
Doc95942 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Follow-up to hours ago: the playback mode "Play the selected title only" does not stop at completion and return to the menu. The titles just play through in sequence.
Is it PD or is it me?

Wouldn't it be nice to just set up a template then click and drag the content to a button for assignment?

Shopping for the correct menu structure in DZM, without descriptions, seems too tedious...or is it me?
Today I spent 7 hours straight (6 hours yesterday) reviewing tutorials 3X and getting no progress.!!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Follow-up to hours ago: the playback mode "Play the selected title only" does not stop at completion and return to the menu. The titles just play through in sequence.
Is it PD or is it me?

Wouldn't it be nice to just set up a template then click and drag the content to a button for assignment?

Shopping for the correct menu structure in DZM, without descriptions, seems too tedious...or is it me?
Today I spent 7 hours straight (6 hours yesterday) reviewing tutorials 3X and getting no progress.!!
The difference is Chapters vs Titles.

Chapters are when you have a single video and you create Chapters in the chapter room. (You only have one video in Create Disk).

Titles are when you have separate projects or videos and you add them to Create Disk on the Content Tab. (You have multiple videos in Create Disk).

The playback functions only work on Titles. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
Carl.
I'm having a bit of difficulty wrapping my head around that. Is there a PDtoots video about it?
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Carl.
I'm having a bit of difficulty wrapping my head around that. Is there a PDtoots video about it?
Not that I know of.

There are several tutorials on the Power Director Menu system, but I do not remember seeing any on the Chapters vs Titles.

I will show you a screen shot of create disk with six titles and the structure. I have added three chapters to each Title. I am showing you that you can have projects that have chapters in each Title.

The first image is just the Titles. The Second image is showing the structure.

Create Disk Contents_Titles

Create Disk Contents_structure
[Thumb - CreateDisk_Contents_Titles_Structure_720.png]
 Filename
CreateDisk_Contents_Titles_Structure_720.png
[Disk]
 Description
The same Titles showing the structure
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
170 time(s)
[Thumb - CreateDisk_Contents_Titles_720.png]
 Filename
CreateDisk_Contents_Titles_720.png
[Disk]
 Description
Contents tab of Create Disk
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
186 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 15. 2015 21:06

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.