Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I get my disk image file burned to a disk?
Fabbian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2015 13:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I went through the "Create disk" step, clicked on "Burn in 3D", and chose "Save as disc image". Now I have my file with an ".iso" suffix on my hard drive. The help file says "Save as disc image: select this option if you want to create a disc image file on your computer's hard drive. Disc images can be burned to disc at a later time if required. Click on to specify the folder where it is created." Now it's a later time and I want to burn that disk image file to a Blu-Ray disk. How do I do it? I can't find anything in the help text that explains that step. Any suggestions?
[Post New]
Nota:

CyberLink Power2Go Create a full backup of your Windows system and the data on your system drive

Mount a disc image as a virtual drive and conveniently treat it like a real disc drive

I record of "ISO" image file with in Nero, option, Recorder / Burn Image or Right Click / Open with / Nero Burning ROM

This option record the disc in original format

I PD13, create ISO image file, but not write from the image ISO.

You can also record your disk in a folder or directly to DVD or BD disc in PD13.

Other members can give you more details about the Imagburn.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 22. 2015 08:07

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
imgburn

http://imgburn.com/ .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Do I understand, though, that a disc burnt from iso will not play in your average DVD/Blu-ray player?
If it will not play, what exactly is that format useful for? I suspect both the OP and myself would like to know. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Do I understand, though, that a disc burnt from iso will not play in your average DVD/Blu-ray player?
If it will not play, what exactly is that format useful for? I suspect both the OP and myself would like to know.
Barry, I suspect that the ISO file depends on the 2D disk selection, just like Burn a Folder does.

An ISO file is just a disk image of the DVD/Bluray video. You burn that ISO to a disk using a disk burning software that is capable of burning a disk image (iso). Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Fabbian [Avatar]
[Post New]
I seem to have found the answer. Right-click on the .iso file. Choose "Open with ISO Viewer" from the menu. CyberLink ISO Viewer will open. Click on the "Burn to disc" button.

Fabbian
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I seem to have found the answer. Right-click on the .iso file. Choose "Open with ISO Viewer" from the menu. CyberLink ISO Viewer will open. Click on the "Burn to disc" button.

Fabbian

I am having the same problem with PD13. Where did you find Cyberlink ISO Viewer??

Thanks

Al Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
Please see my topic http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42989.page

I think ISO Viewer my be part of the Power2Go software.

BillW offered a solution using ImgBurn
"You can also just insert the disc that plays for you into your drive and open ImgBurn and select 'Create Image File from Disc' option to create an ISO from it that will be in a proper format to burn and play in a DVD or Blu-ray player. If it's a dual layer DVD then ImgBurn will prompt you through selecting the proper layer break needed for it and it will save as an ISO and MDS file and to burn to new DVD just right click the MDS and select 'Burn using ImgBurn'." Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
[Post New]
Cyberlink's PowerDirector will burn ISO files.

An ISO file is a "picture" of the exact same file that is on the DVD/BlueRay. Asus X79-Deluxe, Intel i7-4930K, EVGA GTX 980ti, G.Skill memory 16GB, Corsair HX1000 PSU, OCZ Vertex4 SSD, OCZ Vector180 480GB, (2)Western Digital Black 1TB(RAID0), Western Digital 2TB, LG Blue Ray Burner, Lite-on DVD Burner, Logitech G19 keyboard, Window
Fabbian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Cyberlink's PowerDirector will burn ISO files.

How? What are the steps required to do it? That's what what I was looking for when I started this thread.

Quote: An ISO file is a "picture" of the exact same file that is on the DVD/BlueRay.

Actually, an ISO file is a complete image of the disk. When properly burned to a disk it will preserve all directory structures and contents on the disk. I think that's what you meant to say. It doesn't work to just copy the ISO file to the disk. The software that burns the disk needs to be aware of the special characteristics of the ISO file and use the information to reconstitute the disk.
Fabbian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I seem to have found the answer. Right-click on the .iso file. Choose "Open with ISO Viewer" from the menu. CyberLink ISO Viewer will open. Click on the "Burn to disc" button.

Fabbian

I am having the same problem with PD13. Where did you find Cyberlink ISO Viewer??

Thanks

Al

I found it in the menu when I right-clicked the .iso file I wanted to burn. It appears to be part of the Power2Go software which I assume was installed with my PowerDirector 13 package. An Internet search on how to burn .iso files to Blu-Ray suggested an ISO burning program was part of Windows and suggested the right-click technique. I didn't find the Windows program but the CyberLink program was there instead so I tried it.
[Post New]
Sorry, My bad.
I meant PowerProducer will burn ISO files.

I knew that ISO are a complete disc image. That's what I meant. Asus X79-Deluxe, Intel i7-4930K, EVGA GTX 980ti, G.Skill memory 16GB, Corsair HX1000 PSU, OCZ Vertex4 SSD, OCZ Vector180 480GB, (2)Western Digital Black 1TB(RAID0), Western Digital 2TB, LG Blue Ray Burner, Lite-on DVD Burner, Logitech G19 keyboard, Window
Fabbian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry, My bad.

Thanks for clarifying that. It saves me wasting more time looking for a method that doesn't exist.
AlS
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Sorry, My bad.

Thanks for clarifying that. It saves me wasting more time looking for a method that doesn't exist.

SOLVED - I found a solution and can now create fast DVD and BLURAY discs from PD13 ISO images as needed.

See last post on this topic http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42989.page

Al Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Fabbian [Avatar]
[Post New]
At this point the consensus seems to be Power Director 13 will create an ISO image of a disk or will burn a disk directly but it will not burn an ISO image to disk for you. To do that you must turn to an external program. Imgburn is one, Windows includes an ISO burning program in some versions and there is a freely downloadable product from CyberLink in the Power2Go pack that will do the job.

Imgburn: http://www.imgburn.com/

Windows ISO burner: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/burn-a-cd-or-dvd-from-an-iso-file

Power2Go 10 Essential: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/power2go-platinum/download_en_US.html
Vaomasy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2019 02:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
In my opinion.such the iso Editor is able to do that,since the iso file needs to be exported,so that it can be burned to a disk.

Moderation Note - links to 3rd party software removed.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2019 13:42