Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
General preferences frame rate IS NOT 59.94!!!!!!!!!! It's 60!!!!
tarzan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2014 23:00 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Pepsi man, thank you for your responses again, essentially what you had shown me to do was another way of doing what tech support let me in on about their cryptic controls.

Creating a 'profile' is indeed the way to do it, but unfortunately it has to be done each time one goes to produce a video.

You would think that they could have released a patch that adds the 59.94 and the one for the 30fps issue, into the dropdown menu under settings on the main screen.

But that would be easy wouldn't Cyberlink?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Pepsi man, thank you for your responses again, essentially what you had shown me to do was another way of doing what tech support let me in on about their cryptic controls.

Creating a 'profile' is indeed the way to do it, but unfortunately it has to be done each time one goes to produce a video.

You would think that they could have released a patch that adds the 59.94 and the one for the 30fps issue, into the dropdown menu under settings on the main screen.

But that would be easy wouldn't Cyberlink?

you're welcome. glad to help.
I do have at least 7 CUSTOM profiles I use most of the time.
ensure that video and audio bitrate rate is close to source file's bitrate then you'll be alright.

merry Christmas. 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
[Post New]
Quote: A complicated hidden fix to something that should be able to be adjusted PRIOR to editing and producing.
And no it doesn't remember this setting, you must do it each time.

Is not at all a fix. The preset is called 60FPS (NTSC). Note the NTSC word after that? That means that the simplified written 60 is actually 59.94, as specified by NTSC standard. Blu-ray standard respects that exact value too.

If you want to create your personal TV standard then you can do that by customization. Is nothing that PD should have as a default...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 08. 2014 03:35

tarzan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2014 23:00 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
So if 59.94 is the most common FPS setting, then what is PD attempting to achieve here?