Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Output Formats for H.264 MOV clips?
WendellJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2014 01:31 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
HI, I've done a few forum searches looking for guidance on process my Canon EOS files, but no cigar.

My Canon T4i produces H.264 MOV files. I usually shoot 1920x1088 30fps. My output is for either (a) Youtube, or (b) microstock licensing So my questions are:

1. To maintain optimum quality do I need to pre-process the MOV files in any way or is PD12 good to go here.
2. I see a Youtube option under Produce. Is this the best option for Youtube?
3. What output format is highest quality for commercial/corporate use?

Thanks!

Wendell
[Post New]
Quote: 3. What output format is highest quality for commercial/corporate use?

None. Change the software.

PowerDirector EULA

CyberLink does not license the above items for commercial use and you are advised to approach the relevant licensing agents at the above addresses for more information.

* MPEG DISTRIBUTION
ANY USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN ANY MANNER OTHER THAN PERSONAL USE THAT COMPLIES WITH THE MPEG-2 STANDARD FOR ENCODING VIDEO INFORMATION FOR PACKAGED MEDIA IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT A LICENSE UNDER APPLICABLE PATENTS IN THE MPEG-2 PATENT PORTFOLIO, WHICH LICENSE IS AVAILABLE FROM MPEG-LA,LLC AT THE ADDRESS ABOVE.

THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMLIANCE WITH THE AVC STANDARD ("AVC VIDEO" AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG-LA.

You also acknowledge that no rights are granted or may be extended to you to use the SOFTWARE with MPEG-4 Video Content unless such MPEG-4 Content is sold or delivered to you by a content outlet licensed under the MPEG-4 Essential Claims to make such sale or delivery.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 04. 2014 14:12

fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
This might help a bit with your questions regarding YouTube: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40363.page
This might be of interest regarding commercial use: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/40795.page#210905 Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
WendellJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2014 01:31 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, I thought I was asking a procedural question and then learn that Cyberlink is sold as a toy.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Long name calling rant section written and deleted here.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I won't be spending any more money on Cyberlink, but until I can realistically replace the apps would there be any restrictions as long as I kept the format native? Meaning I import a H.264 MOV file which I got (legally) from my Canon and output to the same format, not using their codecs for conversions?
[Post New]
Strictly legally speaking, I think that once you output a file from the program, you have to obey to the EULA.

Also, do you know if your Canon EULA allows for commercial use of the resulted files (that means as is, not edited)?

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Nov 04. 2014 16:29

Ian26 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Joined: May 17, 2014 08:08 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]

SoNic67 Says
Strictly legally speaking, I think that once you output a file from the program, you have to obey to the EULA.

I have Canon Legria HFR406. Does that mean the resultant files are NOT mine?

Sorry for butting in on this thread, but I'm curious, because if that is the case IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!! AND I WON'T BE CONFORMING TO IT!!!!

Thanks

IanB
PowerDirector Ultimate 18.0.3801.0 (64bit)
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
Nividia GeForce 720 Version 372.54 GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GB x 2)
2 x 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard D