Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cant play Blue ray since upgrade to 9
peti [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2010 17:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Still no solution ???
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

we know these kind of issue from some AV software that blocks/deletes some of the essential files of PowerDVD.

Please let me know which AV solution an which Firewall you use.
Please let me also know if you use ome automatic "enhancing" tools on your PC (like TuneUP)

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
peti [Avatar]
[Post New]
Firewall: COMODO (No Defense+!)
AV: Avira
"enhancers": CCleaner
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

GOTCHA - COMODO firewall has known issues and casue PDVD to behave like you described.

you can give it a try by uinstall COMODO and reinstall PDVD - after that it sould work like expected

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
peti [Avatar]
[Post New]
great, so i have to uninstall comodo wehen watching a blu ray, then reinstall comodo when i want to go online again, and when playing a bluray next time i have to uninstall both again etc up to infinity? great.....
[Post New]
Hi peti,

you should get in contact with the makers of COMODO - it is a known issue and has been discussed in their forum as well.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Patrick_back [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2010 16:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Firewall: COMODO (No Defense+!)
AV: Avira
"enhancers": CCleaner

I have Comodo and Avira, and the patch (in admin) has successfully resolved the issue (see above). Not sure that Comodo is the only suspect here.
BTW, Peti, I think Cyberlink-Michael was meaning : Uninstall Comodo, re-install PowerDVD (plus patches) and the issue could have gone forever. So you need to do it only one time. Worth to make a try, perhaps.
|DJT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2011 15:19 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see how this is anything to do with Commodo. I have only Windows Firewall installed, I bought an upgrade to PDVD10 and get same error 800401F9. So 30 quid spent and now I can't watch any Blurays.
No response so far from support and in the past my experience with them has been dire to say the least.
Think I will request a refund as I have lost all confidence in this software and company.
[Post New]
Quote: I don't see how this is anything to do with Commodo. I have only Windows Firewall installed, I bought an upgrade to PDVD10 and get same error 800401F9. So 30 quid spent and now I can't watch any Blurays.
No response so far from support and in the past my experience with them has been dire to say the least.
Think I will request a refund as I have lost all confidence in this software and company.

Dear Tim,
please open your own thread and provide informations about your environment:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan