Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pioneer BDR-211UBK
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Did you even bother to read this thread before asking???

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2018 19:45

tony0707 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2014 08:41 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Did you even bother to read this thread before asking???

Oh, thanks so much for you answer. I am very happy to hear to this software works fine for you. for me, is really a pain in may head.
If you what to help my to fix this problem, i will aprecitate your help. If not sorry for make to you to waist yout time like i made it trying to run this program propertly (more than one week).
your link to the solution, i do not now why cannot open it. i really wants to see how you fix it.

Once again, thanks so much, and so sorry.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 16. 2018 23:34

Pezzy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2015 11:26 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Boy oh boy; I didn't think I'd be coming back to this thread.

tony0707: You said, "I also have exactly the same problem, Some one fixed yet?" Fixed? Not quite.

As you can from this post on this forum, it's gone on & on in this thread for three pages. I thought indeed that I did have it "fixed", with much help from the other poster, triffid. What had seemed to "fix" it for me was the update of my Aorus's motherboard BIOS to F8.

I had been attempting to play the 4K disc of Star Trek (2009) after many unsuccessful attempts, and after my F8 BIOS update on my Aorus motherboard, that finally seemed to do the trick.

And triffid: my attempts at that virtual dual monitor setup never really took, never worked. Oh well.

But guess what? Back to square one.

I'll explain.

One day I went to play another 4K disc; this time it was Batman v Superman, Dawn of Justice, Ultimate Edition. I'm starting to watch the movie and then, the PowerDVD software program fails with some kind of error on the screen (I think it was 1003).

I then ran the CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor program, and it came back with a "fail": "Advanced Protected Audio/ Video Path". I don't know why this "fail" came up all of the sudden; I have made no hardware or software changes to my system.

And then, of course, things can only get.....worse.

I don't like using the on-board Intel HD graphics (I think their quality is inferior), so after this failure of 4K disc playback with "Batman/ Superman", I boot into my BIOS, put my initial graphics back to my EVGA GTX 1080 card, and boot to my desktop.

When I get to the desktop, a little error message template appears on-screen, something about a driver not loading properly (doesn’t specify which driver), I click on its “OK” button, and then I receive a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). My system finally reboots after this, and it has created a “dump” file over 30GB’s in size; this is not good and I don’t like this. I have a suspicion that the error that popped up on screen (driver not loading) probably had something to do with a graphics driver (the switching I was doing back & forth with my GTX card and the on-board Intel HD graphics).

I am sick of this nonsense. This has been going on for approximately 2 months; it seems I just can't pop in a 4K disc and simply enjoy a movie. I go through multiple contacts with Cyberlink Tech Support, or, I come here and post on this forum.

Bottom line? I think this is really due to DRM and AACS (Digital Rights Management and Advanced Access Content System). The copyright protection/ encryption is so invasive and stringent that it inconveniences and frustrates legitimate/ legal owners of products that contain it.

I even contact Nvidia Tech Support (that supplies the drivers/ software for my EVGA graphics card) and asked them, "When you say your drivers/ software 'does not support discrete GPU yet', with the word "yet", does that mean there may be a point at which it is supported in the near future? Such as very soon? Maybe it's in development now?" They replied, "We do not have information about future update with GTX card with Cyberlink software support."

Basically, I've got a piece of hardware (Pioneer BDR-211UBK, the 4K UltraHD Blu-ray drive) and a software program (Cyberlink Media Suite 10 that came with the drive, or, PowerDVD 17) that I cannot use reliably, consistently, and in a steady, stable manner; it's become almost useless to me.

What fun, eh? tongue-out
Pez
tony0707 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Boy oh boy; I didn't think I'd be coming back to this thread.

tony0707: You said, "I also have exactly the same problem, Some one fixed yet?" Fixed? Not quite.

As you can from this post on this forum, it's gone on & on in this thread for three pages. I thought indeed that I did have it "fixed", with much help from the other poster, triffid. What had seemed to "fix" it for me was the update of my Aorus's motherboard BIOS to F8.

I had been attempting to play the 4K disc of Star Trek (2009) after many unsuccessful attempts, and after my F8 BIOS update on my Aorus motherboard, that finally seemed to do the trick.

And triffid: my attempts at that virtual dual monitor setup never really took, never worked. Oh well.

I'll explain.

One day I went to play another 4K disc; this time it was Batman v Superman, Dawn of Justice, Ultimate Edition. I'm starting to watch the movie and then, the PowerDVD software program fails with some kind of error on the screen (I think it was 1003).

I then ran the CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor program, and it came back with a "fail": "Advanced Protected Audio/ Video Path". I don't know why this "fail" came up all of the sudden; I have made no hardware or software changes to my system.

I don't like using the on-board Intel HD graphics (I think their quality is inferior), so after this failure of 4K disc playback with "Batman/ Superman", I boot into my BIOS, put my initial graphics back to my EVGA GTX 1080 card, and boot to my desktop.

When I get to the desktop, a little error message template appears on-screen, something about a driver not loading properly (doesn’t specify which driver), I click on its “OK” button, and then I receive a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). My system finally reboots after this, and it has created a “dump” file over 30GB’s in size; this is not good and I don’t like this. I have a suspicion that the error that popped up on screen (driver not loading) probably had something to do with a graphics driver (the switching I was doing back & forth with my GTX card and the on-board Intel HD graphics).

I am sick of this nonsense. This has been going on for approximately 2 months; it seems I just can't pop in a 4K disc and simply enjoy a movie. I go through multiple contacts with Cyberlink Tech Support, or, I come here and post on this forum.

Bottom line? I think this is really due to DRM and AACS (Digital Rights Management and Advanced Access Content System). The copyright protection/ encryption is so invasive and stringent that it inconveniences and frustrates legitimate/ legal owners of products that contain it.

I even contact Nvidia Tech Support (that supplies the drivers/ software for my EVGA graphics card) and asked them, "When you say your drivers/ software 'does not support discrete GPU yet', with the word "yet", does that mean there may be a point at which it is supported in the near future? Such as very soon? Maybe it's in development now?" They replied, "We do not have information about future update with GTX card with Cyberlink software support."

Basically, I've got a piece of hardware (Pioneer BDR-211UBK, the 4K UltraHD Blu-ray drive) and a software program (Cyberlink Media Suite 10 that came with the drive, or, PowerDVD 17) that I cannot use reliably, consistently, and in a steady, stable manner; it's become almost useless to me.

What fun, eh? tongue-out
Pez

Hi Sir.

I really appreciate your explanation about your case, like you, i tryed to get help from many sources, but no one bring to me a clear procedure to follow to fix this problem, but at this moment i almost fixed it by myself. (now only HDCP 2.2 in red).
If you did not fix it yet, when i finishi it, with all my pleasure, i will tell you how i made it. But as you says, is really unfair to pay money for something, trying to do the things on the right way and it simply does not work.

Once again, thanks so much to share your experience with us.

Good luck.
tony0707 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Boy oh boy; I didn't think I'd be coming back to this thread.

I'll explain.

What fun, eh? tongue-out
Pez

Update 2/18/2018
11:00 AM

Ok sir did you fix it yet, if not, i made it and is working as must be rigth now.
If you still want to fix it, led my now and i will help you step by step. with all my pleasure.

Best regards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2018 12:35

Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
tony0707: What I'm about to say, I do not mean it in an insultive or judgmental way:

I think English may not be your first language, or, the way you type it is not exactly clear and some of the meaning behind your words is getting lost on me; I don't understand.

You said, "Ok sir did you fix it yet, if not, i made it and is working as must be rigth now." Are you asking me if I fixed it on my computer and am able to play 4K discs consistently and without fail? No, I have not; I always seem to run into problems or one of the requirements in the CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor program "fails".

And what does that part of your sentence mean that goes "as must be rigth now"? I don't understand.

And then you said, "If you still want to fix it, led my now and i will help you step by step. with all my pleasure". Are you saying that it is working for you now? You can successfully play a 4K disc? And that you're offering to help me with step by step instructions?

Do I have all of that correct?
Pez

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2018 01:56

tony0707 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote tony0707: What I'm about to say, I do not mean it in an insultive or judgmental way:

I think English may not be your first language, or, the way you type it is not exactly clear and some of the meaning behind your words is getting lost on me; I don't understand.

You said, "Ok sir did you fix it yet, if not, i made it and is working as must be rigth now." Are you asking me if I fixed it on my computer and am able to play 4K discs consistently and without fail? No, I have not; I always seem to run into problems or one of the requirements in the CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor program "fails".

And what does that part of your sentence mean that goes "as must be rigth now"? I don't understand.

And then you said, "If you still want to fix it, led my now and i will help you step by step. with all my pleasure". Are you saying that it is working for you now? You can successfully play a 4K disc? And that you're offering to help me with step by step instructions?

Do I have all of that correct?
Pez

First, sorry for my bad english.embarassed

Second
Yes, it is working for me now the Cyberlink Power DVD, now i can play successfully a 4K disk, and i am offering to help you.

Best regards.
Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi tony0707; so, I was correct about the English? laughing No harm intended. If I have trouble understanding something you've written, I'll let you know wink

Besides you contributing to this thread of posts on the forum, I also see you've posted elsewhere here, including this:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65341.page

And yes, I see that your computer system and mine have some similar components.

OK: You say you're willing to help me. This thread of posts - as I'm sure you can see - is 4 pages long now. Many people on this forum have contributed to helping me, especially triffid. I've also had official contact with Cyberlink Tech Support.

I guess it could be said that, technically, I have had the Pioneer drive & Cyberlink software program work correctly at one time....but it's never consistent.

Through the years I've played CD's, DVD's, and Blu-ray discs in my computer systems, smoothly and with no problems. But since I got the Pioneer 4K UHD drive & its accompanying Cyberlink software? Nothing but consistent problems.

In your system do you also have a separate, add-in discrete graphics card? I realize that one of the requirements of playing a 4K disc is that you have to use the on-board Intel HD graphics, so, when I've tried to play a 4K disc in the past, I have to go into my BIOS and select the Intel graphics as the Initial graphics, then disable my add-in card (EVGA GTX 1080 SC). Do you have to do that? Or do you only have the Intel HD graphics?

So....if you think you have the solution to all of this, sure, I'd accept some help from you.

But.....from your posts here on this forum, it does seem like you've only had success with this very recently. I had success at first, too, but it didn't last long.

So, what information do you have? Something I haven't done or tried yet? What kind of help can you offer me?

Thanks,
Pez
tony0707 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi tony0707; so, I was correct about the English? laughing No harm intended. If I have trouble understanding something you've written, I'll let you know wink

Besides you contributing to this thread of posts on the forum, I also see you've posted elsewhere here, including this:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65341.page

And yes, I see that your computer system and mine have some similar components.

OK: You say you're willing to help me. This thread of posts - as I'm sure you can see - is 4 pages long now. Many people on this forum have contributed to helping me, especially triffid. I've also had official contact with Cyberlink Tech Support.

I guess it could be said that, technically, I have had the Pioneer drive & Cyberlink software program work correctly at one time....but it's never consistent.

Through the years I've played CD's, DVD's, and Blu-ray discs in my computer systems, smoothly and with no problems. But since I got the Pioneer 4K UHD drive & its accompanying Cyberlink software? Nothing but consistent problems.

In your system do you also have a separate, add-in discrete graphics card? I realize that one of the requirements of playing a 4K disc is that you have to use the on-board Intel HD graphics, so, when I've tried to play a 4K disc in the past, I have to go into my BIOS and select the Intel graphics as the Initial graphics, then disable my add-in card (EVGA GTX 1080 SC). Do you have to do that? Or do you only have the Intel HD graphics?

So....if you think you have the solution to all of this, sure, I'd accept some help from you.

But.....from your posts here on this forum, it does seem like you've only had success with this very recently. I had success at first, too, but it didn't last long.

So, what information do you have? Something I haven't done or tried yet? What kind of help can you offer me?

Thanks,
Pez

Ok i see, i want to ask you ony one thing.
Did you updated the the HDMI Mega chip firmware??
Unfortunately, the posibility to reproduce UHD Blu Rays disks must be thru the Intel integrated graphics on the CPU and only thru this way ( I have two Asus strix GTX1070 in SLI, But when i will play UHD Blu Rays i change the HDMI cable from my HDMI GTX1070 conector to the HDMI Integrated Motherboard conector).
But the HDMI HDCP 2.2 goes thru the Mega Chip integrated in the motherboard. IF the Megachip firmware ins not updated, will not recognize the HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2

www.megachips.com

Best regards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2018 20:22

Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi.

Did I update the HDMI megachip firmware? Hmm, no, I don't think I've heard of that one. Or maybe I did....it's getting kind of hard to remember because I've been trying so much stuff over a long period of time.

If this turns out to be part of my problem (this megachip firmware), then it's kind of strange that I was able to play a 4K disc before....but then failed at a later date when I tried a different 4K disc/ movie. Either it's HDCP 2.2 compliant or it's not. It's like mine used to be.....and now it's not. When I run the CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor, the part I'm Not Passing is HDCP 2.2 (GPU/ Display). I find it strange that I used to pass it, then suddenly I'm not; what could have happened? Did my system "lose" it, did it leak out?!?! tongue-out

Anyway, as far as this megachip firmware update goes: Where did you get it? Is it something you downloaded from Intel's web site since it has to do with the "path" the data takes from the on-board Intel HD graphics to the monitor?

Or did you download it from the maker of your motherboard's web site?

From a previous post of yours (https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65341.page), you listed your system's components, and I believe you and I have the same motherboard.

Can you provide a web link to where you got your megachip firmware update from?

The only thing that concerns me is that if I get this to work again (successfully play a 4K disc and this megachip firmware update helps), is that when I switch back from the Intel HD graphics to my EVGA Nvidia 1080 card, that I don't get a Blue Schreen Of Death again and a huge memory dump yell
Pez
tony0707 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi.

Did I update the HDMI megachip firmware? Hmm, no, I don't think I've heard of that one. Or maybe I did....it's getting kind of hard to remember because I've been trying so much stuff over a long period of time.

If this turns out to be part of my problem (this megachip firmware), then it's kind of strange that I was able to play a 4K disc before....but then failed at a later date when I tried a different 4K disc/ movie. Either it's HDCP 2.2 compliant or it's not. It's like mine used to be.....and now it's not. When I run the CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor, the part I'm Not Passing is HDCP 2.2 (GPU/ Display). I find it strange that I used to pass it, then suddenly I'm not; what could have happened? Did my system "lose" it, did it leak out?!?! tongue-out

Anyway, as far as this megachip firmware update goes: Where did you get it? Is it something you downloaded from Intel's web site since it has to do with the "path" the data takes from the on-board Intel HD graphics to the monitor?

Or did you download it from the maker of your motherboard's web site?

From a previous post of yours (https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65341.page), you listed your system's components, and I believe you and I have the same motherboard.

Can you provide a web link to where you got your megachip firmware update from?

The only thing that concerns me is that if I get this to work again (successfully play a 4K disc and this megachip firmware update helps), is that when I switch back from the Intel HD graphics to my EVGA Nvidia 1080 card, that I don't get a Blue Schreen Of Death again and a huge memory dump yell
Pez

Ok
1- you must go to the Gigayte Z270X gaming 8 support.
2-In Downloads, you must check your operative sistem.
3-In utility you must to look for: HDMI 2.0 FW UPDATE TOOL.
4-Download, Unzip and install the program as Administrator.
5-The program will appears in the Gigabyte carpet as MegaChips. (in the start menu).
6-Run the program as Administrator.
The program will show you actual MechaChips Firmware version, and also the new firmware version avalaible.
Update The MegaChips Firmware to the last version.
(The last firmware version was released very short time ago.

Good Luck.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 20. 2018 22:04

triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Pez! Are you in trouble again? You installed the HDMI update tool already and you do not need to install it again.

What you probably need is to go few steps back. Disconnect my virtual dual-monitor setup (if you are still using it), return to the simple iGPU - HDMI - monitor chain. Renew HDCP handshake by removing the cable on both ends and try to do this while the monitor and PC are ON and again when these are OFF.

As I said to you before, this UHD BD thing never works correctly, I am loosing HDCP or SGX occasionally myself. But the worst thing I need to do is to restart the PC (sometimes more than once in a row). Other than that my UHD BD playback works fine with Aorus Gaming 8 and Aorus Gaming 9 for 12 months.

P.S.: If you are using PowerDVD packed with the Pioneer drive, do not forget it is a free software based on 4 years old PowerDVD 14. PowerDVD 17 is a better choice by my opinion. .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
tony0707 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Pez! Are you in trouble again? You installed the HDMI update tool already and you do not need to install it again.

What you probably need is to go few steps back. Disconnect my virtual dual-monitor setup (if you are still using it), return to the simple iGPU - HDMI - monitor chain. Renew HDCP handshake by removing the cable on both ends and try to do this while the monitor and PC are ON and again when these are OFF.

As I said to you before, this UHD BD thing never works correctly, I am loosing HDCP or SGX occasionally myself. But the worst thing I need to do is to restart the PC (sometimes more than once in a row). Other than that my UHD BD playback works fine with Aorus Gaming 8 and Aorus Gaming 9 for 12 months.

P.S.: If you are using PowerDVD packed with the Pioneer drive, do not forget it is a free software based on 4 years old PowerDVD 14. PowerDVD 17 is a better choice by my opinion.

Thanks for your advise. The mine is working fine (still). So sorry about yours (Yes, like you, the mine with somme minors issues), i am using Power DVD 17 Ultra.

Good luck.
triffid
[Post New]
WTF are you talking about? I am answering to Pezzy, not to you. .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi tony0707 & triffid.

tony0707: The HDMI 2.0 FW UPDATE TOOL; when you suggested this, I had said, "I don't think I've heard of that one. Or maybe I did....it's getting kind of hard to remember because I've been trying so much stuff over a long period of time." I said this because things were starting to get fuzzy for me because this has been going on for so long, trying so may various fixes & solutions.

Well guess what? Like triffid mentions, I already had installed this; I just forgot embarassed But, just for the heck of it, I uninstalled the one I had on my system, downloaded it again from the Gigabyte/ Aorus web site, and installed it once more. And, this latest version of the firmware isn't that recent; it wasn't released a short time ago: according to Gigabyte's web site, it was released in January of 2017; that was over a year ago.

Well....uninstalling and then re-installing that HDMI 2.0 FW UPDATE TOOL may have done the trick.....I loaded up the 4K disc of Batman v Superman, Dawn of Justice, Ultimate Edition, and it played.

But I can't really say as I understand this stuff or what's going on: I already had the HDMI 2.0 FW UPDATE TOOL on my system; uninstall/ re-install somehow fixes it?!?!

triffid: When I rejoined this thread back on the 3rd page, my February 17th post, I mentioned your name, and that the virtual dual-monitor setup didn't work out for me, so, I had already disabled that at this point laughing

But like I mentioned in my more recent post on February 20th (and also the one back on the 17th), what I'm afraid of is this: When I switch back from the on-board Intel HD graphics back to my add-in EVGA 1080 SC graphics card, that I don't receive another BSOD. I hate those things!! They leave such huge memory dump files!! yell

And ya know, I have to say this: Since we HAVE to use the Intel HD graphics for 4K disc playback, I am not impressed at all with the visual quality of the Intel graphics. I realize that it has to be Intel graphics & Intel graphics only for just now (no doubt because of some kind of deal between Intel, Cyberlink, maybe the Hollywood studios that put out these 4K disc movies...and of course the DRM/ AACS stuff.....or am I just being paranoid?!?!)......but I must say that the visual quality of the graphics of the movie (through the Intel HD graphics) is poor.

There is no sharpness or depth of color that I would expect from something like an UltraHD 4K disc. I have digital files on my hard drive that I've download from the 'Net (.mp4 & .mkv files) that are in 4K, 3840 x 2160 resolution, and these video files look fantastic on my LG 4K monitor; the visual quality almost looks hyper-real.

And you know what? You know how we get to know our systems, even something like our desktop background/ wallpaper. The wallpaper background for my desktop is a tropical beach scene; I've been looking at it for months. I know what it looks like, I know the richness & clarity of its details and colors. And this was through my EVGA 1080 SC graphics card. Through the Intel HD graphics? It looks blanched out. There's a paleness to it, like some of the rich color has leaked out.

Even when I open up File Explorer: the pop-up windows, folders/ files look washed out. It doesn't look this way when I am outputting my graphics through my EVGA card.

Well, since I'm done watching the Batman/ Superman movie, maybe tomorrow I will be switching back over to my EVGA card as my initial graphics, annnnnnnddddd I hope I don't receive a BSOD like the last time I tried this.

But all of this shouldn't be that hard!! I've never had this problem with CD's, DVD's, or Blu-ray discs through the years. We now get to 4K UltraHD discs and all this nonsense?!?! This most recent copyright protection is just a little too overbearing & overzealous. Grrrrrrr undecided
Pez
tony0707 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi tony0707 & triffid.

tony0707: The HDMI 2.0 FW UPDATE TOOL; when you suggested this, I had said, "I don't think I've heard of that one. Or maybe I did....it's getting kind of hard to remember because I've been trying so much stuff over a long period of time." I said this because things were starting to get fuzzy for me because this has been going on for so long, trying so may various fixes & solutions.

Well guess what? Like triffid mentions, I already had installed this; I just forgot embarassed But, just for the heck of it, I uninstalled the one I had on my system, downloaded it again from the Gigabyte/ Aorus web site, and installed it once more. And, this latest version of the firmware isn't that recent; it wasn't released a short time ago: according to Gigabyte's web site, it was released in January of 2017; that was over a year ago.

Well....uninstalling and then re-installing that HDMI 2.0 FW UPDATE TOOL may have done the trick.....I loaded up the 4K disc of Batman v Superman, Dawn of Justice, Ultimate Edition, and it played.

But I can't really say as I understand this stuff or what's going on: I already had the HDMI 2.0 FW UPDATE TOOL on my system; uninstall/ re-install somehow fixes it?!?!

triffid: When I rejoined this thread back on the 3rd page, my February 17th post, I mentioned your name, and that the virtual dual-monitor setup didn't work out for me, so, I had already disabled that at this point laughing

But like I mentioned in my more recent post on February 20th (and also the one back on the 17th), what I'm afraid of is this: When I switch back from the on-board Intel HD graphics back to my add-in EVGA 1080 SC graphics card, that I don't receive another BSOD. I hate those things!! They leave such huge memory dump files!! yell

And ya know, I have to say this: Since we HAVE to use the Intel HD graphics for 4K disc playback, I am not impressed at all with the visual quality of the Intel graphics. I realize that it has to be Intel graphics & Intel graphics only for just now (no doubt because of some kind of deal between Intel, Cyberlink, maybe the Hollywood studios that put out these 4K disc movies...and of course the DRM/ AACS stuff.....or am I just being paranoid?!?!)......but I must say that the visual quality of the graphics of the movie (through the Intel HD graphics) is poor.

There is no sharpness or depth of color that I would expect from something like an UltraHD 4K disc. I have digital files on my hard drive that I've download from the 'Net (.mp4 & .mkv files) that are in 4K, 3840 x 2160 resolution, and these video files look fantastic on my LG 4K monitor; the visual quality almost looks hyper-real.

And you know what? You know how we get to know our systems, even something like our desktop background/ wallpaper. The wallpaper background for my desktop is a tropical beach scene; I've been looking at it for months. I know what it looks like, I know the richness & clarity of its details and colors. And this was through my EVGA 1080 SC graphics card. Through the Intel HD graphics? It looks blanched out. There's a paleness to it, like some of the rich color has leaked out.

Even when I open up File Explorer: the pop-up windows, folders/ files look washed out. It doesn't look this way when I am outputting my graphics through my EVGA card.

Well, since I'm done watching the Batman/ Superman movie, maybe tomorrow I will be switching back over to my EVGA card as my initial graphics, annnnnnnddddd I hope I don't receive a BSOD like the last time I tried this.

But all of this shouldn't be that hard!! I've never had this problem with CD's, DVD's, or Blu-ray discs through the years. We now get to 4K UltraHD discs and all this nonsense?!?! This most recent copyright protection is just a little too overbearing & overzealous. Grrrrrrr undecided
Pez

Hello Sir:

Yes you are fully allright about all yours observations, but any way for the moment, it is how it works. The performance how the Intel Graphics works is very poor. I am fell like cheated with all this UHD Blurays software and hardware requirements.
Buy in this moment the software and hardware companies do not led us choose any other option.
For me, this is the most vile way to force the customers to follow their rules.
I now, or some one can say, just simply go an buy and x or y external Bluray player, but others, like us, prefer, a hi end reproducer system. We are in our right to choose the way to made it, and do not get so many complications.
Any way, this is my humble opinion.

Good luck and best regards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2018 09:16

Ximon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2018 17:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Pezzy and triffid, after reading through this whole thread, I registered an account just so that I could admonish the both of you for your condescending comments to tony0707. Pezzy, nowhere in your response to tony0707 did you thank him for solving your long-lasting problem. HE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM whether you want to acknowledge it or not. But you did find time to criticise his English writing skills which frankly, I had no problem fully understanding. And you triffid were simply insulting. Ugly behavior from the both of you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 29. 2018 17:29

Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Dear All,

This thread will be locked, as it should now be used as a resource.

If you'd like to ask something or get clarification, please start a new thread and then reference this thread.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup