Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion
chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, hit Submit too early:

• Video often comes in from recorders in separate clips, defined by file lengths. We then reconstruct the sequence by placing them sequentially in the time line. Often, I wish/need to crop a clip, effectively zooming in (let's say). It would be nice to have this crop applied to the whole track, or perhaps to all selected clips in the track. As it is, if I crop one clip, and want the same croppage applied to the next clip (to avoid a "jump"), I have to guesstimate, which, given the lack of precision cropping, still leaves a "jump"

• Speaking of cropping, I typically apply a crop to the whole clip. But if I crop the beginning, PD assumes I want some sort of "motion" applied to the cropping so that it roams back out as the clip proceeds. I am forced to Duplicate previous keypoint. Seems like the default behavior would be to apply the crop to the whole clip, with an option to have some sort of "motion". Or at least a Preference that allowed me to apply to the whole clip.

• This application of effects across a set of clips in a track would also be useful for all the Modify options. Basically, we should be able to treat all the clips in a track as a seamless whole for the purposes of editing.

• It's only an irritation, I guess, but PD does not remember where I "left it". I have two screens, one quite a bit larger. When PD starts, it always starts on the small screen, I have to move it the big boy. Better re-invocation memory would be nice.

• Currently, to Synch By Audio, all selected tracks/clips have to be video clips. To include an audio only clip (say, a mixed-down audio from a music video), I have to put the audio on a video track (that has no video). Seems reasonable to be able to put it on the Music track.

• When cropping, I would like to arbitrarily move the handles up/down/left/right. Seems to me that only the corner handles should proportionally expand the whole crop area. Why not allow just raise the top, lower the bottom, etc. The preview result window would show what was then seen.

• Provide some precision method of cropping and other "handle"-oriented editing. Grabbing and dragging handles is terribly imprecise. Specifying pixel widths or percentages (or other keyboard mechanisms) would give a very precise method of editing.

• When I exit, then return to a project, remember the folder where I left my last produced file

• Remember (and preselect) the format I last rendered with (this should be remembered regardless of what project is opened)

• May seem like lazy man request, but PD makes the higher track numbers the winner in occluding what is on lower tracks. A right mouse selection on a clip in a track to "Bring Forward" or some such would be nicer than manually moving clips to higher number tracks just to get then "in front for a while".

• In a similar vein, howsabout a right mouse "Clone Clip", which copies the currently selected clip (clips?) to available (or newly created) tracks, at the same timecode.

• When clips overlap on the screen, provide a "Merge Overlap", so that overlapped area shows both clips (ie, lower opacity on topmost clip). To do that today, would have to arbitrarily lower opacity on topmost clip, which effectively makes it fainter everywhere, not just the overlap region.
  • This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2014 18:43

Chuck Puckett
    "I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
    http://www.puckettpublishing.com
    http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
    fkaMikeB
    Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
    [Post New]
    Quote:

Video often comes in from recorders in separate clips, defined by file lengths. We then reconstruct the sequence by placing them sequentially in the time line. Often, I wish/need to crop a clip, effectively zooming in (let's say). It would be nice to have this crop applied to the whole track, or perhaps to all selected clips in the track. As it is, if I crop one clip, and want the same croppage applied to the next clip (to avoid a "jump"), I have to guesstimate, which, given the lack of precision cropping, still leaves a "jump"

Speaking of cropping, I typically apply a crop to the whole clip. But if I crop the beginning, PD assumes I want some sort of "motion" applied to the cropping so that it roams back out as the clip proceeds. I am forced to Duplicate previous keypoint. Seems like the default behavior would be to apply the crop to the whole clip, with an option to have some sort of "motion". Or at least a Preference that allowed me to apply to the whole clip.

(I'm using PDR12) I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but, in NewBlue Essentials fx (part of NewBlue Essentials package that is included in PDR12), There is a NewBlue Crop Borders effect. Click and drag the effect onto a clip in the timeline, then click the effects button to edit the effect. It applies to the whole clip. There are a few defaults (e.g. zoom in, fix overscan) but you can set up your custom crop and apply to the whole clip. If you set up keyframes, you can copy and paste keyframe attributes to apply the same border effect to other clips.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2014 11:50

Mike B.
    |>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
    |MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
    |HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
    |Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
    |PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
    chuckpuckett [Avatar]
    Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
    [Post New]
    Well, that sounds like a per-clip cropping solution, assuming I can apply the same parameters as a whole.
    But I'd rather not pay extra for it.
    So, as a suggestion for PD, it's still valid. And the ability to apply it to the whole track (or a set of selected clips) would still be a nice enhancement. Chuck Puckett
    "I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
    http://www.puckettpublishing.com
    http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
    bonagege [Avatar]
    Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
    [Post New]
    Quote:

While PD has not this tool, you can use this I use a long time already, "PDSpeed​​" there topic about it, if not find, I have a link, http://www.4shared.com/zip/-sLYdFbO
    Run the application that adds keyboard shortcuts to PD. ("S" - split,) ("D" - Split and cuts left) has other shortcuts, I use only these two.

Nota: Note: Run the application, will be active until you turn off the PC.

Thank you very much for the information PlaySound, and Peter Ozpeter author of PDSpeed​​.
    Finally I found what I was looking for.
    We hope that they are entered in PD.
    Again, thank you.

W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
    Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
    Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
    fkaMikeB
    Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
    [Post New]
    Quote: Well, that sounds like a per-clip cropping solution, assuming I can apply the same parameters as a whole.
    But I'd rather not pay extra for it.
    So, as a suggestion for PD, it's still valid. And the ability to apply it to the whole track (or a set of selected clips) would still be a nice enhancement.

I didn't pay extra for it. It is part of the New Blue Essentials that came with PDR12. Isn't it part of PDR13? Mike B.
    |>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
    |MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
    |HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
    |Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
    |PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
    Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
    Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
    [Post New]
    PD makes the higher track numbers the winner in occluding what is on lower tracks. A right mouse selection on a clip in a track to "Bring Forward" or some such would be nicer than manually moving clips to higher number tracks just to get then "in front for a while".

Count me in for that!!!
    Simon76 [Avatar]
    Newbie Location: Sweden Joined: Sep 17, 2014 14:56 Messages: 4 Offline
    [Post New]
    Please Cyberlink...

1. I like to see 3d objects Import.
    2. Set aspect ratio for video project and export manually.

JosephM [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2014 11:22 Messages: 43 Offline
    [Post New]
    Let me request again here, please make this column scrollable (see attached). It is very annoying!
    [Thumb - Screenshot_13.jpg]
     Filename
    Screenshot_13.jpg
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    48 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    256 time(s)
    David MVP [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2014 09:01 Messages: 5 Offline
    [Post New]
    Quote: Let me request again here, please make this column scrollable (see attached). It is very annoying!

I second that, in my desktop it shows normally but in my laptop shows like that and is frustrating changing the size of the timeline so I can see the rest of the options, as he says make it scrollabe .
    John_the_designer [Avatar]
    Newbie Location: Blackburn, Lancashire, UK Joined: Sep 01, 2014 05:20 Messages: 4 Offline
    [Post New]
    PLEASE can we have some form of velocity smoothing to apply the the start and end of motion. It would make a huge difference to the overall smoothness of a pip when moved or resized. I've suggested this before and no-one picked up on this, so I would be hugely pleased to know it's going to appear in a future version.
    Regards
    John
    BarryTheCrab
    Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
    [Post New]
    Sorry to say, nobody here will know about that being implemented. It would be a nice feature.
    As for PIPS, you can control the speed by which they move with keyframes, to a degree. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
    Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
    Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
    Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
    https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
    [Post New]
    Paraben Cyberlink DVD now creates better and has option to create image.

My suggestion:
    1 - Allow create DVD with maximum bitrate 9 kbps.

2 - Allow create DVD progressive mode.

3 - PD memorize the last personal interface configuration

4 - Allow saving classical transitions, bookmarks folder with the latest personal configuration applied. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
    SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
    AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
    Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
    James Dotson
    Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
    [Post New]
    It's a little thing, but I would like to see a generic mp4 option back in 3D. I could use mov or wmv, but i don't like using proprietary codecs. __________________________________
    CORNBLOSSOM
    [Post New]
    Most of these suggested productivity improvements have been submitted via the support ticket facility over the last few years, but I'll post them here also in hopes that they will be implemented in the next version.

+ Magic Motion Designer -- ability to select full image.

+ Title Designer -- ability to "center" both V and H.

+ Ability to apply Audio Mixing Room changes to multiple selected clips.

+ Ability to apply Transition Room effects to multiple selected clips.

+ User created hot-keys (that are remembered from version to version).

+ Fix/Enhance more than one clip at a time.

+ Wave Editor -- compressor/limiter function.

+ Wave Editor -- noise floor function.

+ Wave Editor -- integrated into PowerDirector.

Thanks! Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
    ynotfish
    Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
    [Post New]
    Hi PDuser97031B -

I'll second your first suggestion about Motion Designer. It'd be great if the default keyframes (1st & last) were maximum zoom out, like the default 1st keyframe in Video Crop... that took a lot of lobbying!

It'd be even greater if Motion Designer was blessed with a PiP Designer type "Save As", so that user defined motion could be saved as custom paths.

See attached image.

Cheers - Tony
    Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
    Full linked Tutorial Catalog
    PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
    Michel [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2014 10:15 Messages: 1 Offline
    [Post New]
    Hello everybody!
    my eternal wishes after using about 4 other video editors before :
    - I would like a "4 corners" deformation, with regard to super 8 film capture
    - I would like a "trajectory" tool, like in Ad..Premiere
    - I would like more straightforward toggling between interfaces or rooms (the "pip" mode keeps coming back) : you're never so sure you're in the right section for a goal you want to achieve, an all-inclusive menu, in fact, more clearly labeled..
    Thanks anyway, FX (aka "Father Christmas")
    [Post New]
    - I would like more straightforward toggling between interfaces or rooms (the "pip" mode keeps coming back) : you're never so sure you're in the right section for a goal you want to achieve, an all-inclusive menu, in fact, more clearly labeled.

Improving the interface is a great productivity improvement suggestion! Something along the lines of context sensitive menus that are in other editors. This would also allow custom hot-keys to be easily created.

There are too many mouse movements and clicks involved in the current interface. Reducing these improves productivity, but may affect learning curve. There needs to be a balance.
    Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
    dampflokfreund [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: May 21, 2012 13:36 Messages: 17 Offline
    [Post New]
    When will Powerdirector 13 support Nvidia NVENC?
    inspectagame
    Member Location: Australia Joined: Oct 28, 2014 03:20 Messages: 63 Offline
    [Post New]
    I have some suggestions which I think would be good, ok here goes.

1. I would like the option to make a custom sized grid for my videos, I do gameplay videos and I use a webcam also, the webcam is resized to 4 blocks in one corner using the 8 x 8 grid, I always have to move the webcam video 8 cursor clicks out from the corner on the two sides that are to the edge of the main video, this way I can drop a webcam into the predefined template for easy usage, see example of a video I did here: http://youtu.be/ivBM5Vm4NSo

2. Ok I always have to re-sync my mic audio which is attached to my webcam video which is a small part of the main gameplay video, what would be awesome would be when you unlink the audio and video and then I drag the audio timeline to the left to sync up my voice and mouth that when I start dragging the audio clip a balloon tip pops up and tells me how much I am dragging the audio in frames, this balloon tip could work for any item on the timeline, it would be a very powerful workflow tool.

3. What would also be great would be to have specific settings such as sharpening and saturation etc that can be saved as a project template, as all my gameplay videos require the same amount of sharpening etc, almost like a recording of macros to create a project template with predefined settings, this would be a very powerful tool for workflow with videos requiring the same actions for each of them.

4. Photoshop uses a layering system, this would be a very powerful right click option and almost a toolbar showing what video and audio etc has priority depending on how far up or down it exists on the timelines for quick easy workflow.

Thanks guys, just my 2 cents worth, cheers. Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/inspectagame
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/inspectagame
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/inspectagame
    Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Inspectagame/
    Steam Group:
    [Post New]
    Quote: 2. Ok I always have to re-sync my mic audio which is attached to my webcam video which is a small part of the main gameplay video, what would be awesome would be when you unlink the audio and video and then I drag the audio timeline to the left to sync up my voice and mouth that when I start dragging the audio clip a balloon tip pops up and tells me how much I am dragging the audio in frames, this balloon tip could work for any item on the timeline, it would be a very powerful workflow tool.

The ability to sync a second audio source with the video track audio is a good idea. I use a clip-on mic to record speakers to a group so I can get better sound. I've tried the multi-camera function, but it's not very accurate. Usually end up just nudging the audio track manually to line it up with video track. An automatic alignment that works and includes stretch/compress if necessary would be a great productivity booster.

Cyberlink tends to favor "new features" over "productivity improvements" to sell us a new version. I would happily upgrade to a new version that had NO new features but included all the productivity improvements posted here. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
    [Post New]
    More keyboard shortcuts to "nudge" elements and tracks for alignment would be a productivity improvement. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)