Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director crashes computer whilst loading initial media
iandh2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South East England Joined: Jun 30, 2013 04:37 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,
Back again!!!!!

I have just discovered that when I thought that I had installed V12.10 it did not install properly as it is not actually driving my Radeon 7700 GPU.

When I run DXDiag it tells me that I have a VGA driver installed and I can't even run an extended desktop.

That probably explains why PD11 loads and runs..............

Cap'n Kevin - was there something else I needed to do between uninstalling V13.4 and installing V12.10 ?

Regards
Ian Regards
Ian
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ian,

PM sent with an answer..
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
iandh2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South East England Joined: Jun 30, 2013 04:37 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,
I need to give you all an update on my Catalyst Driver issue for my AMD Radeon 7700 GPU.

When I thought I had installed the V12.10 driver something went wrong with the installation and as a consequence I was in fact running the GPU with a Windows VGA driver which is why everything was working fine!

However, I noticed some vital information was missing from the CCC display and I could not set up my extended desktop display.

I then uninstalled V12.10 and then re-installed it and the CCC was fully featured and I got my extended desktop back BUT PD11 loaded in and displayed the media clips correctly but then as soon as I dragged Tram.wmv onto the timeline everything crashed again!!!!!

I have now uninstalled V12.10 and installed V12.8 which is the one that RobertJ http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28244.page#158646 is running with and it all appears to be working now and allowing me to drag the clips onto the timeline and view the movie.

At last !!!!! And I have now got my extended desktop back.....

Regards
Ian Regards
Ian
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Way to keep at it an figure it out Ian!! Nice job!
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
iandh2010 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Cap'n,
All that I supplied was the patience although I was getting a bit desperate by the end of it all.

It was you guys on this forum that sorted everything out for me.

Many thanks
Ian Regards
Ian