Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prometheus 3D wont play
MKANET [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 13:26 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder if AnyDVD-HD would be able to correct this issue in their software in a future update. I know that the latest version of AnyDVD can't fix the problem; even when using SpeedMenu.
Peter31546156 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2012 17:27 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
So far no patch for PowerDVD 10. I hope that support for this version isn't discontinued.
MKANET [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm still trying to get a definitive answer on the AnyDVD-HD forum. In theory, if you have a recent enough version of AnyDVD-HD, you should have at least minimal playback capability (playing the movie only).
{Indy} [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2009 23:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Didn't realize this need answering, but AnyDVD-HD worked fully the same day Prometheus was released, as did the Passkey for Blu-ray.

I used AnyDVDHD to watch Prometheus in full HD resolution and Audio same day of release, but was not able with Powerdvd alone

comicfan123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2011 12:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quoting myself from two weeks ago.

Quick question.As I mentioned before.Prometheus was already working in my BD drive.Should I install the new update patch even though the disks are already working or should I wait until Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter,another FOX title comes out in two weeks and see if that works too before dowloading the patch?

I'm more inclined to wait to see if my Prometheus disks working was a fluke and try Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter in two weeks when it comes out and I get it.Sort of the,If it ain't broke,don't fix it idea.If my Prometheus disks which I checked twice are working without the patch than why download something I don't need at this point.I figure if there is a problem with the Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter Blu Ray,I can always download the patch at that point.

Well,I just bought Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter.It's a FOX title.I had none of the issues with Prometheus two weeks ago everyone else had and didn't need to download the patch.But Abraham Lincoln won't play.Keep in mind that we're talking the 2D, copy,not 3D(I don't have a 3D drive or 3D T.V. yet).I don't get a red warning screen.It loads up but won't play.I get the standard Power DVD 12 main screen,no movie.But it plays fine on my Blu Ray player at my T.V.No problem there.Just the BD drive.

So I assume that I need to now download the Power DVD 12 patch that was put out two weeks ago since it covers all future FOX titles in the near future?I didn't need it for Prometheus(and I tested,it still plays on the drive) but I'll need the patch fro FOX titles after that starting with Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2012 11:24

michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2012 14:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I confirmed that I have the same kind of problem with a french version of Pometheus BD 3D in france...
With the patch it is possible to launch the BD 3D of Prometheus (it was not possibme before...) but when I try to play the movie the sound is ok, the image are in 3D but they are partialy frozen !! I see image during 3 seconds, the image froze during 10 seconds and skip to a new image all along the movie...

I have see that it is possible to see without problem the bonus preview in 3D of Avatar, Titanic, I robot...
All my other BD 3D plays well before and after the update with the pacth except Pometheus...which work fine on Bluray 3D player...it is really a problem with powerdvd12....

Do you have a solution ?

Br,
SteffanieC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2012 19:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Trying to play non 3D Prometheus with PowerDVD 12 1905c, and a LiteOn iHES112 drive. This combo plays every other Bluray I have just fine (except Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 which just drops me to the PowerDVD 12 screen).

Frustrated that I can't play this bluray, when Avengers played beautifully.

Waiting for an update, won't bother with customer support.

I've got PowerDVD 12.0.2118a.57 and have downloaded the patch mentioned in this forum, but I am still having problems with the Harry Potter BD DVD mentioned in the above post. The DVD playback starts up and goes through some typical start-up titles (eg. the Warner Bros. logo) but then suddenly stops and returns to the PowerDVD menu. I've successfully played this DVD on my PS3 and all other BD discs have worked with Power DVD before so I'm not sure what's wrong. Any ideas?
MKANET [Avatar]
[Post New]
People shouldnt confuse the problem mentioned in this forum thread with other issues. The problem in this thread is a file read error when trying to change the chapter. This symptom is fixed in version 2118a with updated BD+ support. For other issues, people should create a separate thread or email Cyberlink support.
SteffanieC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2012 19:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I created a separate thread for these reasons shortly after posting this. Will gladly delete the post on this thread if possible.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2012 22:29