Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prometheus 3D wont play
Lord Rahl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 20:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: And the lame response I received from cyberlink customer support:

3. Also, please send me the snapshot of the error screen with full desktop. We will look at the screen capture, analyze and send you a solution or provide more information.

To take screenshot, please follow the steps given below :

a. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard when the error appears on your screen.
b. Click on Start -> Programs-> Accessories-> Paint.
c. Paste the screen capture there by pressing Ctrl+V
d. Save the file with the extension name .jpg and then send to CyberLink Support for analysis.

CyberLink Technical Support

I am having the same issue as everyone else.

AS for screen capture I tried this myself. Not sure if there is something in the way the bluray is displaying the warning image on the screen for me but screen capture wont work.
Marcx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 14:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I just answered that I was actually insulted by their response and they should check their own forum to clearly see this is their issue
{Indy} [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2009 23:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I think you need the capability of 3D capture, to take a screenshot of the RED screen with the need update error. I have sent a screenshot to Cyberlink support.

the issue is a new Java BD+, remove it and the Prometheus Blue ray plays great. but should not need removing to play in a current Blue Ray player,

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 10. 2012 19:34

Pygon001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2012 20:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Trying to play non 3D Prometheus with PowerDVD 12 1905c, and a LiteOn iHES112 drive. This combo plays every other Bluray I have just fine (except Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 which just drops me to the PowerDVD 12 screen).

Frustrated that I can't play this bluray, when Avengers played beautifully.

Waiting for an update, won't bother with customer support.
Lord Rahl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 20:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
If you submit a support ticket with your cd key you will get a response to where you can download a new version that now works with Prometheus.

Works fine for me now.

Thanks CyberLink...
MKANET [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 13:26 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
What version did they send you? I "just" upgraded to a new version 1905c. Is there already a version newer than that?
prometheus3D [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2012 02:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: What version did they send you? I "just" upgraded to a new version 1905c. Is there already a version newer than that?

I just updated to 1905c and I get the same error.

Lord Rahl, which version do you have?

Same problems in this thread!
(http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/24922.page)
rda10002002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 00:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
You would think being a major multimeadia company they would work with movie companies to make sure this is never an issue. It should be to hard to make a patch before the new encoding comes out thru the movie companies
prometheus3D [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2012 02:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I tried Prometheus 3D with Coral WinDVD Pro trial and it worked great!
rda10002002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 00:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have thought aboput that too. But why should i have to go and download another prgram when i paid money to be able to watch my dvd and blurays. Like i said in a post befor they need to work with the movie studios to make sure this doesnt happen
Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 08:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Just install this new PowerDVD patch...

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_GB.html
Marcx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 14:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
New update out today solved the issue
Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 08:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks a lot for the help. I installed that just after sending in the query and it now works perfectly.

Thank you again,

Ben
Ross [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2012 14:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The issue I'm having is that the 2D version plays fine, the 3D version plays... sort of. When it gets to a new chapter in the film it stops and the message "CyberLink PowerDVD could not read a file on this disc. Playback will stop." come up.

But when I close and resume the film it can play the chapter, and if I skip through it can play all the different chapters. But when I play the film and the playback naturally reaches a chapter change the message error pops up.

I'm using PowerDVD 10 that was bundled with my LG Blu-Ray drive, so the patch won't help me. Any ideas?

Admittedly this is my first move into a 3D Blu Ray, so for all I know it could potentially be something wrong with 3D in general on my PC or a faulty disc.
comicfan123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2011 12:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quick question.As I mentioned before.Prometheus was already working in my BD drive.Should I install the new update patch even though the disks are already working or should I wait until Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter,another FOX title comes out in two weeks and see if that works too before dowloading the patch?

I'm more inclined to wait to see if my Prometheus disks working was a fluke and try Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter in two weeks when it comes out and I get it.Sort of the,If it ain't broke,don't fix it idea.If my Prometheus disks which I checked twice are working without the patch than why download something I don't need at this point.I figure if there is a problem with the Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter Blu Ray,I can always download the patch at that point.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 14:29

MKANET [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem isn't related to what brand of BD Rom youre using in your computer. It looks like the problem is related to a bug in playing certain 3D BD discs.

Promethius 2D works fine even without the new patch. You just need the patch for when playing the 3D version.
{Indy} [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2009 23:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Already stated it is due to new Java BD+ DRM scheme

and has already been fixed with latest PowerDVD update

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2012 03:23

MKANET [Avatar]
[Post New]
I thought I'd post to say the patch definitely fixes the problem with 3D Prometheus.

Edit: I watched it all the way through with no issues. Best 3D video quality I've seen so far at home!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 21:44

Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
It fixed it but it totally froze on my half way through the movie. Didn't have time to load it up again. I will try later.
TatmanPL5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 10:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Still no patch for powerdvd 11 though.why should i have to pay to upgrade to 12 when i bought 11 1 month b4 12's release

prob i am having is that pdvd resets to home screen each time prometheus changes chapter
MKANET [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wonder if AnyDVD-HD would be able to correct this issue in their software in a future update. I know that the latest version of AnyDVD can't fix the problem; even when using SpeedMenu.