Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Director won't open
Elindio42 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2011 13:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with the exact symptoms as matthiasscorp. After installation and attempting to open I get a very short logo flash and nothing else.

I just downloaded the 2011 today and have uninstalled, installed, and uninstalled and downloaded again, same results. I went through the 6 step process as per Brandon above with the Photo Cleaner. Same thing afterwards. Turned off Trend Micro, same thing.

I ordered PhotoDirector 2011 on 22/07/2011 and had an issue with ordering two instead of one and just received the Email today saying my Credit Card had been credited with the proper amount. So began my attempts to open it.

When I installed PhotoDirector 2011, I was not prompted to use the Activation Code. ???? Could this have anything to do with it?
Elindio42 [Avatar]
[Post New]
PS. I also Emailed Cyberlink Tech Support:

Ticket ID: CS001041682
Related Product: PhotoDirector
Subject: Serial Number/Activation Key
2011/07/24 10:39
I have downloaded PhotoDirector, but it did not prompt me for the serial number or activation key.

My original order was inadvertently for 2 products. After receiving Email refunding my credit card for one, I downloaded PhotoDirector from the original Email.

It has installed, but I can't open it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2011 20:19

Elindio42 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cyberlink Tech Support answered me and advised to go through steps above, no joy. Tried "Selective Start" with same results.

Uninstalled and deleted previous PD 2011 and downloaded new PD 2011 from Tech Support. Still same problem. I am now awaiting another answer from Tech Support.

Any ideas anyone?

I am very close to canceling PD 2011. Did not have these problems with PowerDirector 9 Video Editing.
Elindio42 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Brandon,

The following is the last communication with Tech Support:

Support Tickets
My Inquiry Information

Ticket ID: CS001041930
Related Product: PhotoDirector
Subject: CS001041682
2011/07/25 21:19
I followed all the steps in your Email dated 2011/07/34 10:39 with the same results. The new downloaded version does the same as the original.

Help!

Here is the DxDiag file. I hope this helps.

Attachments: CS001041930-1311653850538-0.txt
Subject: CS001041682
2011/07/25 09:19
Has your problem been resolved

I am awaiting answer from them and will be out of town for a few days.
Elindio42 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I got it to work. I went to properties and clicked on "Run as Administrator" and it opened and prompted me for the CD key.

It opens and seems to be OK.

Just an extra step to open it when you want to use it.
matthiasscorp
Newbie Location: GREECE Joined: Jul 01, 2011 01:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Guess what...I was arranging with Brandon a remote debugging for my problem...
I finally delayed coming back from my holidays... right after having installed teramviewer to be ready for the session, I also installed a bios update that was recommended to me by toshiba.....and...YES!!! Phodo Director was finally working!!!I do not know if this bios update corrected the conflict between the PIS 2012 and the software -which was the cause in my opinion from the beginning- or anything elase happened, but it's the result that matters!!!
Thanks Brandon for everything!
Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed and matthiasscorp,
Glad your issue is resolved, though surprisingly. Yes, it's result that matters.

Regards,
Brandon
Kevin66 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Chicago, IL Joined: Aug 23, 2010 12:07 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry this is an old post but I am having the same problem. The troubleshooting steps have not worked.

The Cyberlink Uninstaller doesn't work and Photodirector is now missing in the Control Panel Uninstall window. All the files are still on mky computer.

I used a good Registry cleaner and still no go. This corrupt version of PhotoDirector is stuck on my PC and I can't get rid of it!!! Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 Bit
Intel I7 930 (overclocked 3.6)
RAID 0 WD Caviar Black 2GIG, WD Green 1GIG (Backup)
8 GIG Corsair RAM
NVIDIA 1GIG GTX 460
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,
Can you pls describe what you've performed?
What's the status now?

Regards,
Brandon
KEVIN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2010 22:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I had to use Revo Pro to wipe it off my PC. Would you please include an uninstaller with your software install packages? The Windows 7 std uninstaller doesn't work and also didn't work for PowerDirector.
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,
Please perform steps below:

1. Uninstall your PhD 2011 in Control Panel.
2. Download and unzip http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/CLCleaner/CLCleaner2-PhotoDirector_All.zip
3. Double click on the unzipped file, CLCleaner2-PhotoDirector_All.exe.
4. This tool will uninstall your PhD 2011.
5. Reinstall your PhD 2011 and enter your given CDKEY.
6. Launch your PhD 2011.

Note:
1. In step 5, you do not need to install your Beta build, trial build, or any other, prior to installing your full PhD 2011 build.
2. If all these do not work, I think you will have to have clean OS installation. That might be faster. I have no idea what Revo Pro will do to PhotoDirector.

Regards,
Brandon