Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Director won't open
Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tonybeau, broph, and matthiasscorp,
Can you please help list down your security software and it's build number? I like to study them and see if this is the root cause.
Since security software may not be the cause for every app not launch issue, please use "matthiasscorp" to generate your log file and upload it (as what matthiasscorp did). I need these info to study what's causing your issue.

Thanks,
Brandon
tonybeau [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2011 16:44 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brandon, the security software was supplied by my bank and seems to be some sort of firewall. It is Trusteer Rapport. There were 3 different files that were generated, probably because I tried downloading several times, I have attached them.

Tonybeau
 Filename
20110629_143307_install.log
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
625 time(s)
 Filename
20110629_142531_install.log
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
612 time(s)
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
I am having the same problem i have pasted the serial number in and it won't accept the code the ok permission does'nt work I have been running in administer mode and tried running the programme in administer mode and no differance.
I think the problem we are having is down to the way the administer profile from cyberlink is set up.

Hope we get this sorted

brophs,

I was not able to copy and paste the activation key also. I shut the program down, re-launched it and actually typed in the code and the key worked.

Dave HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
Injeun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2011 02:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm running XP3. My firewall and antivirus are both from Microsoft and have no issues whatsoever. I'm also running Mamatu anti-malware, with again no issues or conflicts. PD installed fine and is running perfectly. I've downloaded a dozen of the pre-sets uploaded by members. And they all too work perfectly. I'm enjoying using the software and very much appreciate CyberLink for this great gift. In fact, my desktop photo is one of my girlfriend retouched with Photo Director. Looks great...like a professionally air brushed likeness. Problem is my girlfriend is now jealous of her own image. ;

Pentium4 2.0 Ghz, 1 GB ram, older(ten years old) Intel Motherboard, 128MB AGP video card.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 02. 2011 12:23

brophs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2011 20:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All
It seems that Dave has the answer I have just do what Dave has told us works and it has now a fully registered programme if you copy and paste it won't work but type it in yourself and it worked first time what a star hope it works for everyone.Cheers DAVE

broph

Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Glad it work for you broph!!
HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
adgadgadg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2011 23:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Entered serial number manually and all seems to work now. Kept quitting when I just pasted it.
Thanks for the tip folks.
matthiasscorp
Newbie Location: GREECE Joined: Jul 01, 2011 01:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Still no "official" news...
I hope it means they're working on the issue!!!
Good morning to everyone!
Ted123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Vancouver BC Canada Joined: Jul 01, 2011 14:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all
Having exactly the same problems as Matthias,running
XP SP4.Beta worked fine ,free version uninstalled it and
wont open.Uninstalled free vers. and reinstalled Beta
and it will not open now.
Windows pop up:No Disk ???
Exeption Processing Message c0000013 Parameters
75b6f7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6f7c ???
What's up Doc? Ted123
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ted123,
Please follow steps in
Quote:

Looks like we need to study your computer to assist. Please follow the steps below:
1. Download the attachment "CLTracker_v1620.zip"
2. Unzip and run it.
3. This tool will save all needed info on your desktop as "CyberLinkLog.zip".
4. Upload this file and we will study that.

ps:
1. This tool only records all needed info of your installed PhD and nothing else.

Hi matthiasscorp,
Yes, this is still under investigation. As far as we can see now from your log: you were running installation while another installation was taking place. We're still trying to identify if it's the root cause. Seems to us that your case could be different from others.

Regards,
Brandon
matthiasscorp
[Post New]
Quote: Hi matthiasscorp,
As far as we can see now from your log: you were running installation while another installation was taking place. Regards,
Brandon

This possibility doesn't make any sense to me... I mean, why after that should the app not be able to run since I was able to install it after this incident?anyway, you're the experts, you know better...
tonybeau [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2011 16:44 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Brandon, I hope this is the file you wanted
 Filename
CyberLinkLog.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
14 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
783 time(s)
matthiasscorp
[Post New]
I can't say the moto "no news is good news" in my case, I'm afraid...
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi matthiasscorp and brophs,
I've requested our product group to build a cleaner that can fully uninstall your PhD 2011 registries. Hope this can resolve your issue. Please perform steps given:

1. Uninstall your PhD 2011 in Control Panel.
2. Download and unzip http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/CLCleaner/CLCleaner2-PhotoDirector_All.zip
3. Double click on the unzipped file, CLCleaner2-PhotoDirector_All.exe.
4. This tool will uninstall your PhD 2011.
5. Reinstall your PhD 2011 and enter your given CDKEY.
6. Launch your PhD 2011.

Note:
1. In step 5, you do not need to install your Beta build, trial build, or any other, prior to installing your full PhD 2011 build.

Regards,
Brandon

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 14. 2011 02:59

matthiasscorp
[Post New]
Thanx , Ill give it a try at home and I'll let you know asap!
matthiasscorp
[Post New]
N O P!!! It didn't work!!!! A
Benny [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2011 12:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am running Windows 7 64 Bit with all updates applied on a Gateway NV79. On Beta and the full version I had trouble with Photo Director 2011 staying on. When the work area would come up, after loading, the program would just disappear. I would uninstall and install again and now put in my numbers. On Beta this happen three times and reported. Full version only once and did not report.
coalman [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dorset, UK. Joined: Jul 16, 2011 13:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
Many thanks for the free copy of PD following my feedback.
I originally installed the full copy all as your emailed instructions using the included key.
All was well untill a couple of days ago when it wouldn't load fully (it didn't show any photos) and proceeded to self-shut down.
I have now re-insrtalled it havind used the instructions above including the cleaning program.
I opened PD, entered my key and all seems ok and it shows all my photos as before without the need to import them again. I thought that the cleaner would have cleared everything out.
Apart from this hicough my continued impression is that this is a good piece of software and will give others a run for their money.
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Benny, did you follow
Quote:
1. Uninstall your PhD 2011 in Control Panel.
2. Download and unzip http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/CLCleaner/CLCleaner2-PhotoDirector_All.zip
3. Double click on the unzipped file, CLCleaner2-PhotoDirector_All.exe.
4. This tool will uninstall your PhD 2011.
5. Reinstall your PhD 2011 and enter your given CDKEY.
6. Launch your PhD 2011.

Note:
1. In step 5, you do not need to install your Beta build, trial build, or any other, prior to installing your full PhD 2011 build.

coalman,
Glad your problem is resolved. Yes, the cleaner will clear what's been installed. Some registries rely on others and app may not be able to launch if any of the critical component is not installed/registered during installation process. The best is clean everything before trying fresh installation.

matthiasscorp,
I haven't given up resolving your issue. Please refer to my PM for my follow ups and let me know if you're ok with it.

Regards,
Brandon
matthiasscorp
[Post New]
I hope you'll have good news for me by the time I get back from my vacation next week....
Elindio42 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2011 13:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with the exact symptoms as matthiasscorp. After installation and attempting to open I get a very short logo flash and nothing else.

I just downloaded the 2011 today and have uninstalled, installed, and uninstalled and downloaded again, same results. I went through the 6 step process as per Brandon above with the Photo Cleaner. Same thing afterwards. Turned off Trend Micro, same thing.

I ordered PhotoDirector 2011 on 22/07/2011 and had an issue with ordering two instead of one and just received the Email today saying my Credit Card had been credited with the proper amount. So began my attempts to open it.

When I installed PhotoDirector 2011, I was not prompted to use the Activation Code. ???? Could this have anything to do with it?