Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 365 random crashes
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
Since everything else on my computer is working, I am not doing to reset windows, etc

evev this PD 365 works fine on other functions; ONLY the effects cause the problem

cyberlink wrote this below and I told them the you can't wait because it doesn't come back and you can't use your computer durig this hanging/crashing

With a reference to your concern, as aforementioned, in the newer version of PowerDirector, there is a database of templates (effects, transitions, etc.) for the in-app-download feature. If you switch rooms quickly, it may require some time to load all the templates information for the rooms that you have clicked from the server. It is suggested to click "Wait for the program to respond" when the message pops, to wait, and to let PowerDirector finish the loading of the templates and check if the condition persists

Please keep us updated on your progress on this. Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2023 19:20

ExtraPD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2015 21:04 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure if this will help because, with this problem, there is no indication that you need to wait. Still, useful to know. Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2023 19:20

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
As mentioned prior with linked thread, since you wrote crashes every time you click into effects, my guess is still a corrupt PD registry key issue.

If you don’t want to take the invasive options optodata suggested to rebuild entire Windows, one could try a registry cleaner. I’m not an advocate of registry cleaners, but it might be an option in your case since CL support apparently won’t help to error trap crash on entering Fx room.

Depending which CL products you have, approach could be as simple as: backup existing keys, uninstall PD365, clean all PD365 keys with registry cleaner, reinstall PD365. An uninstall/reinstall alone does not clear/reset many PD related registry keys.

Jeff
[Post New]
I am having all the problems with my PD 365 as the other users having random crashes. In addition, to the freezes and crashes, my computer will start to "render preview." This apparently causes green blocks to appear at the top of the timeline. I cannot turn off the rendering process. I do not know what is triggering this process.
I have been PD for a long time and have never had such a severe problem.

This frustrating malfunction has taken all the pleasure of working on my vide

Out of desperation, I subscribed to Driver Support One and it says all of my drivers are up-to-date.

I am attaching a dxdiag text file.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
83 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
143 time(s)
Don
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am having all the problems with my PD 365 as the other users having random crashes. In addition, to the freezes and crashes, my computer will start to "render preview." This apparently causes green blocks to appear at the top of the timeline. I cannot turn off the rendering process. I do not know what is triggering this process.

This frustrating malfunction has taken all the pleasure of working on my vide

Out of desperation, I subscribed to Driver Support One and it says all of my drivers are up-to-date.

I am attaching a dxdiag text file.

Your issue is probably rather different than OP of this thread, it would be best to have presented your issues in your own topic to get better unique forum input for your challenges. Automatic "Render Preview" initiating is never a good thing, for starters you might consider:
1) Your GT 630 driver (391.35, 3/22/2018) is nowhere near current, however it may/may not make much difference
2) Last driver update, 474.14, 12/20/2022 when Nvidia sunset support for the GT 630
3) Make sure nothing is selected in pref > Hardware Acceleration, your GT 630 can do absolutely nothing for editing
4) Set your PD21 Preview Quality to High or HD at best to minimize timeline playback load on your CPU
5) You gave no mention of source video details, if high resolution or high bitrate, unfortunately you'll probably have to use shadow files (pref > General) for reasonable editing experience

Basically, be very patient with a hardware system as yours and PD21 editing or producing. PD21 shouldn't crash, but don't expect fluid timeline playback with any applied edits other than simple cuts of low resolution source by todays standards.

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 15. 2023 08:28

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I my computer will start to "render preview." This apparently causes green blocks to appear at the top of the timeline. I cannot turn off the rendering process. I do not know what is triggering this process.

Donald1200 - If the GT 630 suddenly is not working well on your pc, then you have other options. If the videos on your timeline is not 4k or hevc but up to 1080/60p then you already have the mp2 and mp4 hardware decode and encode on that 4770k cpu that you can use. You may not have the render preview issue that is occurring on your system now as long as you don’t place 4k video on that timeline. I never had it in the past with any avc video. Try the change.