Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i,age file
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
When burning Blu-ray dvd - can you burn to an .iso image file?

Or use Power to Go to capture the DVD image from the DVD and then burn from there.

Have burned 26 8mm and s8mm films and they are awsome in black and white as well as color.

Did one film my dad took 71 years ago in black and white and the resolution is great.

Will post some clips in a while to show the resloution and color from old home movies.

Alan
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When burning Blu-ray dvd - can you burn to an .iso image file?

Not in Powerdirector. You can burn a Disk Folder in Powerdirector. Then use Disk Burning software.
If you must make a .iso file, you have to use Disk Burning Software.

Or use Power to Go to capture the DVD image from the DVD and then burn from there.

Have burned 26 8mm and s8mm films and they are awsome in black and white as well as color.

Did one film my dad took 71 years ago in black and white and the resolution is great.

Will post some clips in a while to show the resloution and color from old home movies.

Alan

If you create a Disk Folder you can then take the Disk Folder in any Disk burning software (maybe Power to Go) to create an ISO image. You do not 'Have to' burn a Disk. You can uncheck Burn Disk and Check Burn Disk Folder. You can burn that folder anywhere on your hard drive, just browse for the location.

I sure would like to see the clips. They do not have to be long, 10-15 Seconds would be plenty.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Oldboy549
Newbie Location: South Carolina Joined: Jan 09, 2014 08:34 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to know your capturing set up. Wil
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will get some clips out tormorrow or Monday. I have to pass them from my production machine through the cloud drive to my email computer. Just finishing up getting the 26 films written out to disk so I can send it off to my cousin for any changes. Like order of films, titles on the films, etc . . When he lets me know that info I can make the final changes and add the music.

One other question haven't been able to figure out - How can you join two or more video clips on the timeline so it becomes one clip.

The other software I used had a join command in it - can't find anything like that here.

Thanks,

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Had to order 3rd SSD drive for inside the computer. This video stuff soaks up the storage like a sponge. Got one on Ebay - a third Crucial SSD M500 with 960GB. Hope that holds me over til next week. The cases for comp;uter only have one in my case 2 SSD spots. So you have to order adapters to put them in the 3 1/2" slot after that. Will it ever end. Might have to go back to work. (The other SSDs each have 480GB).

Alan
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: One other question haven't been able to figure out - How can you join two or more video clips on the timeline so it becomes one clip.

By Produce.

Put both clips on the Timeline, Click Produce at the top of the interface.

You can choose the file format and resolution there.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't you need to tie the two clips together so when you do go to produce it will know know it is one clip instead of two, You can highlight both clips in the edit - but there does not seem a way to join them.

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did this last time - burned the blu-ray data into a folder. Power-to-go should handle it but doesn't. Also, took it into imgburn, and got an error 2/3rd the way through the burn.

Expensive coasters at 3.50 each.

May have to decide not to burn any videos over 25GB. Burn the disk right away, then make a disk ((ISO) image out of it.
Don't like doing it that way - rather have a good image to burn from - too many things can go wrong on the burn that way.

PD should be able to build an .ISO file while creating the dvd.

Those 25gb dvds are under $1.00 each.

Alan

Just had to order more 50gb and 25gb blu-ray disks.

Does it ever end?

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl, you will have to move uP here to IA, and we can start a business. Getting business cards made up now.

Better then working for a living like I did for 40 years.

You can take a vacation whenever you want, take a nap, snack, take the RV out for a few months etc . . - when you are retired.

Alan
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Carl, you will have to move uP here to IA, and we can start a business. Getting business cards made up now.

Better then working for a living like I did for 40 years.

You can take a vacation whenever you want, take a nap, snack, take the RV out for a few months etc . . - when you are retired.

Alan

I like where I live now
I am Retired!

There is no good reason to burn coasters, especially BluRay ones.

Uncheck The Burn Disk. When you burn Disk Folders and get a fail. Nothing lost, the next time you try just overwrite the failure.

I use a commercial disk burning software, NERO Burning ROM. I have not found a disk I could not make yet.
Including ISO.

After all the money you have spent, you can easily afford Nero Burning ROM.
Yes, I know Cyberlink makes a Disk burning app.

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did uncheck the burn disk and only had the burn to folders checked. It burned to the folder OK But Power-to-go nor Imgbrn could burn a dvd from that folder file.

I've heard Nero is pretty good guess I willl have spend a little more.

Monday I will get the video clips on - took too much time to get things burned right today.

Just sent 26 converted films to cousin in KC. His wife has the starting of Alzheimer’s disease so wanted to get their history to them soon. In fact they will be mailed Monday. The time it takes to do this stuff right - people could not afford to pay that price. Need to automate more.

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

You are talking like the government now.

Once you have spent a few trillion, what's a few more billion.

Better me then them.

Alan
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Carl,

You are talking like the government now.

Once you have spent a few trillion, what's a few more billion.

Better me then them.

Alan

Maybe.

But I was talking only a half hundred dollars.
If you don't want to spend the money, check out Imgburn (free).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2014 21:14

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried ImgBrn - it doesd read their blu-ray either.

Nero Rom Platinum is $108. Can't just go half way.

As they say - bite the bullet!!

Alan
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Tried ImgBrn - it doesd read their blu-ray either.

Nero Rom Platinum is $108. Can't just go half way.

As they say - bite the bullet!!

Alan

Yes, but Nero Burning Rom by itself is $50.

[Thumb - Nero Burning Rom.jpg]
 Filename
Nero Burning Rom.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Disk burning software
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
303 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 18. 2014 12:02

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yep, I saw that.

Don't you find they always exclude some stuff you probably are going too want/need so you might as well get the upgraded version anyway. I gues it is called marketing!

I find that in most of the software packages.

Alan
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Yep, I saw that.

Don't you find they always exclude some stuff you probably are going too want/need so you might as well get the upgraded version anyway. I gues it is called marketing!

I find that in most of the software packages.

Alan

I have bought the whole package in the past, I do not use most of the extra stuff in the Nero package.

I end up using only Burning ROM.
There are so many Free apps that do many of the jobs in the Nero Package, why pay for the extra you may never use.

I actually have the complete Nero 9 package, I only use just Nero Burning ROM on my computer.

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Picture of lab.

Now for fsome b usiness to pay for it.

Alan
[Thumb - IMG_0509 2.jpg]
 Filename
IMG_0509 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
lab
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
106 time(s)
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Picture of lab.

Now for fsome b usiness to pay for it.

Alan

Neat, and Clean.
Nicely laid out.

Where is the Coffee pot? And where are the Chairs?

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
That was 1/2 the lab. The other side is identical to my side and my wife uses it for her sewing projects. She has a Pfaff computer sewing macine and does Ancestry work and uses the network alot.

I am a Pepsi guy never liked coffee - don't have time to sit too much work to do.

Actually we have two exec type chairs in the room - one for each of us.

I took your advice and purchased the $49.99 vedrsion and tried it once of Nero. I like the way it works and looks like I should have bought it a long time ago. Seems to handle files/folders with Blu-ray very niciely.

I will get the clips on asap.

Alan