Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i,age file
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
That was 1/2 the lab. The other side is identical to my side and my wife uses it for her sewing projects. She has a Pfaff computer sewing macine and does Ancestry work and uses the network alot.

I am a Pepsi guy never liked coffee - don't have time to sit too much work to do.

Actually we have two exec type chairs in the room - one for each of us.

I took your advice and purchased the $49.99 vedrsion and tried it once of Nero. I like the way it works and looks like I should have bought it a long time ago. Seems to handle files/folders with Blu-ray very niciely.

I will get the clips on asap.

Alan

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: That was 1/2 the lab. The other side is identical to my side and my wife uses it for her sewing projects. She has a Pfaff computer sewing macine and does Ancestry work and uses the network alot.

I am a Pepsi guy never liked coffee - don't have time to sit too much work to do.

Actually we have two exec type chairs in the room - one for each of us.

I took your advice and purchased the $49.99 vedrsion and tried it once of Nero. I like the way it works and looks like I should have bought it a long time ago. Seems to handle files/folders with Blu-ray very niciely.

I will get the clips on asap.

Alan

Yes, Nero Burning ROM is worth the money. It can also make ISO files from the Disk Folders. ISO files can be emailed or downloaded, Disks then made from the ISO files.

I do like coffee, I also like Diet Pepsi.

I knew there had to be some good chairs somewhere!

The clips don't need to be long, 10-15 seconds is enough. I just want to see the result of the film capture.
So would the rest of the editors in the forum.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Last I checked Nero could burn ISO files but not make them, unless it's a new feature.
It created something proprietary which was similar to an ISO but which had a different file extension.

...those short clips are awesome.

What's the longest film you've scanned so far?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 24. 2014 06:52

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have scanned now over 26 films ranging from 50' to 400' with virtually no problems.

I believe the retro-8 scanner does a great job.

Alan
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Last I checked Nero could burn ISO files but not make them, unless it's a new feature.
It created something proprietary which was similar to an ISO but which had a different file extension.

...those short clips are awesome.

What's the longest film you've scanned so far?

Nero can make ISO files.

If you have access to the Nero help file look up ISO.
There are quite a few settings that have to be correct to create a ISO file.

Check out:
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/1848-burning-an-iso-file-using-nero

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

You are an encylopedia of information.

Good thing you are there for us newbies in this video stuff.

Just started my Dad's 45 50' videos after cleaning them all.

Happy Memorial Day.

I have a cousin that has a bunch of videos in FL. She is 81 and hesitant to send them to me in the mail. My other cousin from Tucson sent me two boxes by USPS priority mail and got here just fine in a day and half.

Told her, her chances are zero to ever get to watch them if she doesn't send them here for converting. Guess we sill see what happens. Otherwise her chances are pretty darn good to watch them if she sends them to me. Don't feel like going down to FL just to pick them up. My motorhome only gets about 9 miles per gallon.

Alan

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Carl,

You are an encylopedia of information.

Good thing you are there for us newbies in this video stuff.

Just started my Dad's 45 50' videos after cleaning them all.

Happy Memorial Day.

I have a cousin that has a bunch of videos in FL. She is 81 and hesitant to send them to me in the mail. My other cousin from Tucson sent me two boxes by USPS priority mail and got here just fine in a day and half.

Told her, her chances are zero to ever get to watch them if she doesn't send them here for converting. Guess we sill see what happens. Otherwise her chances are pretty darn good to watch them if she sends them to me. Don't feel like going down to FL just to pick them up. My motorhome only gets about 9 miles per gallon.

Alan

You don't have to drive a motor home to go to FL, a regular car will get you there. So will airplanes.

I agree, it is pretty safe to mail a box by the post office, however I would trust UPS or FedEx more. You get tracking with UPS or FedEx.

The post office is getting better, but UPS is best.

See, I said there are boxes for film just waiting for somebody to scan them.

Carl

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2014 12:00

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have a wife and three small puppies. Can't go to FL without spending some time there.

That would be a lot of time away from the shop.

Wife says I have to cut grass again tomorrow. I will just have to teach her how to drive the tractor.

Happy wife, happy home!!!

Alan
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I have a wife and three small puppies. Can't go to FL without spending some time there.

That would be a lot of time away from the shop.

Wife says I have to cut grass again tomorrow. I will just have to teach her how to drive the tractor.

Happy wife, happy home!!!

Alan

OK.

Why have you waited this long to teach her to drive the tractor?

Women are driving 18 wheelers all over the country.
No reason to not drive a tractor. Or cut grass.

Carl

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wife drives the 36' RV.

Her cousin, Sharon does drive 18 wheelers all over the country. By herself!!

The tractor gets me outside into the fresh air and a little exercise - so I guess I have been resisiting selfishly.

Last year was not a good year for my wife (55 years old) she spent 6 months of it in and out of at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN with reno cancer in the right side of her abdomen (6 pound tumor removed). The Mayo saved her life - now she is practically back to normal.

Sorry to digress.

I've got films to scan!

Alan
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Wife drives the 36' RV.

Her cousin, Sharon does drive 18 wheelers all over the country. By herself!!

The tractor gets me outside into the fresh air and a little exercise - so I guess I have been resisiting selfishly.

Last year was not a good year for my wife (55 years old) she spent 6 months of it in and out of at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN with reno cancer in the right side of her abdomen (6 pound tumor removed). The Mayo saved her life - now she is practically back to normal.

Sorry to digress.

I've got films to scan!

Alan

Not good about the cancer. Glad to hear she is back to almost normal.

Carl