Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Side by Side Powerpoint and Speaker Video
EWriter63 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2014 15:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone give me an idea on how to do a side by side video of a powerpoint presentation alongside the speaker talking about it. I am thinking that the only way to do it is through using a PIP process but I did not know if there was another design studio process I could use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there EWriter63 -

Apart from having the two videos "side by side" there are lots of other possibilites for different layouts.

Some are shown in the attached PDF, including screenshots of PD's timeline and preview screen.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Layout Possibilities.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
669 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
262 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Nice info Tony. Sometimes a pdf is indeed worth a thousand words!

The basic idea is to put each video track on a separate line on top of each other- Video one & Video 2, then click each one and select the Modify Tab. Now grab the corners of the video and resize them smaller to fit side by side or on top of each other or move them around so they can be seen when played.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be