Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I DON'T HAVE AUDIO
MARCO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2008 12:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
IM TRYING EDIT VIDEO ,BUT IT PLAY WITHOUT SOUND.I HAD THE DELUXE SOFTWARE AND DID UPGRADE TO GOLD AND STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM.ANY HELP
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2008 13:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too have audio problems. I have 2 Dell 9150 systems, the one with XP home is fine, audio works, but the one with XP Media Center has no audio. I e-mailed tech support with my information. What operating system do you have?
MARCO [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for you help. I have window vista 32 bit
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Can you confirm, exactly what version of Power Director you are using and exactly what type of video you are trying to edit?

Also, will the video play (outside of Power Director) with audio?
MARCO [Avatar]
[Post New]
HOW I KNOW WHAT VERSION I HAVE
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you open Power Director, look at the top left where the words Power Director are. Left click on the name Power Directo. There will be a box that will pop up and it will say:

Licence to:
Power Director (then the version)
MARCO [Avatar]
[Post New]
powerdirector DE
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is there a number to the right of DE?

Also, will the videos play on your computer with sound?

If you bring them into Power Director and you play them they don't?

Can you bring in an mp3 (audio file) and try playing that in Power Director, to see if its the video or whether it's Power Director?
MARCO [Avatar]
[Post New]
THE SR NUMBER CDS070730-02
it play video with sound ok .but when i try play them on pd6 doesnt have sound
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
When you open Power Director and you see the video screen. Do you see a sign like a speaker there? Is there a red line through it OR can you click on it and see where the audio is set? Maybe the volume on Power Director is low or shut off?
MARCO [Avatar]
[Post New]
the speaker are high.thank you for you help and you time.I appreciate it. Im tired a had long day.i ll contact costumer service and see i can get a refund.. good nigth Mc lean
Guy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2008 08:24 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Not trying the hijack the thread, just reporting some facts (please delete if required).

I often get sound issues with PD.

I can record directly from the camera and no sound will play back during recording, however the sound has been captured fine in the resulting file. On these occasions I have to reboot my PC before the PC will produce any sound at all. It's like PD disabled the sound card.

I did a recording the other day (again with no sound), the resulting video file did have sound (as usual) but this time it was just pops and crackles and nothing else.

I'm running Vista 64 with a Creative Labs Audigy 2 sound card. I know that Creative driver support for Vista 64 is poor so I'm looking to change sound card. Hopefully this will sort the problem out.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Guy,

Yes, your post should be as a new topic... your input is really interesting. Could you put it as a new topic for me please?

thanks

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 17. 2008 15:22

Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2008 15:00 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD 7, and am using XP o/s. I'm a new PD user. I can capture and edit video and audio, but when I 'produce' the final product I have no audio. I've tried everything I can think of, and can find no 'fix' or error I'm making in the user guide.
Can anyone guess what I'm doing wrong?
Also, is there a "PD for Dummies" sort of user guide.

Thanks. Dave
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Dave,

Could you supply a little more info.
1) what version of PD7 (help menu, About Cyberlink Powerdirector)
2) when you say produce, what are you realing doing? Producing to a file, if so what format and what settings. How are you trying to play the "produced" product, on a computer with what player?

If you are using a product older than PD7 Release 2105 you should probably upgrade and then report back if the issue still appears.

Jeff
Dave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Jeff Thanks for getting back to me. Version 7.00.1714.

When I say "produce," I mean when I finish editing and try to crate a file. I get a file, but nothing but video.

Re upgrading.... I went to the site to get a recommended upgrade, but got an error in the download. Three times. Probably my fault, but I don't know why.

Dave
Dave [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've installed 2105, and have the same continuing problem.... No audio when I create a file.

Dave
[Post New]
Quote: I've installed 2105, and have the same continuing problem.... No audio when I create a file.

Dave

Is there no audio when you play the file you created in PD (preview window)?
Dave [Avatar]
[Post New]
After I capture and edit the content, I can play it with audio, video, title, or whatever I've put in. When I go to "Produce" and create an MPEG2 file, I just have the video and title.

Dave
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Dave:
Can you please carry out a small experiment for me?

Open PD7 v2105
Place the Aquarium.mpg in the time-line
Select Produce
Select Create a File
Select Mpeg2 > DVD HQ
Uncheck Dolby Digital
Click Next
Select produce location
start rendering

Please locate and play the file.

Please state the media player you use to play the file.

Repeat the experiment with your own files and again report back.

Thank you

Dafydd