Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to create a border of video like this?
Ha Vy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2014 11:43 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
HI everybody

I have tried to create a border like this in in PiP Designer of video, but the corner of border is round, not sharp.

I want to create a border like this image below. Pleaase help

thank you
[Thumb - border.jpg]
 Filename
border.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
64 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
360 time(s)
PDuser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2014 21:43 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Seems readily doable with the chroma key functions. Draw the border as a jpeg with border color what you want and fill color that you'll use for chroma key. Put your big video in 1st track, set you PIP video in 2nd track and put your chroma frame jpeg in the 3rd track. Set your chroma key to the fill color of the jpeg and Bob's your uncle. (Haven't done this but in theory it should work. There may be an easier way, but this approach came to mind right away.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2014 14:30

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hilight the smaller pip clip, then...
Modify>border.
You can also use the mask for a different shaped border.

EDIT: Got this one wr...wr...wrong. I thought the border would overcome it.

You could also easily place a white color-board into the mix, and simply place the smallish PIP video on top of it, leaving only the borders showing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2014 15:08

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ha Vy -

PDuser's suggestion will work fine for you.

I understand the problem you're having. When you apply a border in PiP Designer you don't get a nice crisp rectangle because the corners are rounded. One option is to make the frame/border in graphics software, as has been suggested.

The attachment shows a way of doing it to match your circumstance... and YES - it would be easier if PiP Designer's borders weren't rounded.

So - the two suggestions are pretty much the same, except one applies the transparency in other software & one uses Chroma Key.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Custom Frame.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
482 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
438 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ha Vy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2014 11:43 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
thank you, PDuser, BarryTheCrab, ynofish