Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
error code c0040004
Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2008 15:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
i am having an issue, need to know if it is my system or if it is the drive, i have an external TDK ded+440. i am not sure if i need to update the firmware, whatever that is, i saw this on the this web site, but am not sure where to get it. This error code comes up when i am just about finished and am trying to get the production on a dvd. it is about 95%done and then this error code comes up.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jay,

Your error code c0040004.

To find out whether this is an error code associated with PD you have to replicate the issue. This would involve you starting a new project, different video and adding similar options to create the DVD. By doing this you eliminate the video. IF the error message repeats it does point to either being at fault.

You then need to repeat the process with the same video and a new project.

Again if the error message occurrs you have to thoroughly write up exactly what you selected and post the info to Customer Support. They will then try and replicate. If you post the data on here someone might try to replicate it for you and confirm it (backs you up). IF a member confirms the problem it eliminates your Disc drive as the cause.

I know this might appear fussy, but it's what needs to be done to check if it's either your system or PD.

Please read the guides:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.

Dafydd