Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 7 - create disc fails to initialise
Sen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 22:47 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
After loading a avi file and did some chapter additions. Then I wanted to burn the produced file through create disc. When I click "create disc" tab a popup shows "create disc initialising 5%". Thats it, after a minute windows error message "Powerdirector encountered a problem and needs to close..." Then the program terminates itself.

I couldn't use "create disc" so far.

Mine is
Windows XP Pro w/ SP2
768 MB RAM
AMD Athlon XP 2 Ghz
Geforce MX 4000 AGP 8X video card

Anyone please help.

Thanks
JS
Ploof [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2007 11:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Sen,

Did you ever get an answer...I also am experiencing this same problem.

Matt
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please look through previous answers on this forum.

I have answered this issue - asked differently with the same question/answer each time.

Avi is a file extention format used by different codec's (compression drivers used to create the video file) - I have to guess which codec you are referring to! Here's my guess on what your issue is caused by:

DivX video,

PD7 does not come with the DivX installation package, while PD6 did. What you need to do is download and install DivX http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/

Once installed it will be available from within PD7.

Dafydd

There could also be a disc writing software clash.... but without sufficient data..... I can only guess.
Read:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
Guides on information presentation.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 28. 2008 02:53

Sen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks lot Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko,

The avi file I have tried is encoded with Xvid. I didn't try a Divx encoded avi.

If it is a Xvid, what I should do?

I have Nero8, Sony's DVD Architect, Roxio Easy Media Creator 10, Canopus Procoder 3.

If I should give more details, please let me know.

I wanted to resolve the issues. I have paid lot from my packet for this software.

Thanks
JS
Sen [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried as said in the forum topic

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page

I am still facing the same problem. PD fails to initialise.
Sen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Should I attach the diagnostic file here in this thread?
philip [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2008 15:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I got the same problem too!

It is so disappointed that I spend so much time to prepare the video, but finally I can't create the DVD disc.

Moreover, what a surprise that a new version contain such bug.

Will there any patches?

Can I use import the *.pds into Powerdirector 6, in order to create the DVD disc?
Sen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Of all gone waste, I am trying to reinstall it.

As said, I have uninstalled, removed all registry entries & folders.

Ready to reinstall after reboot.

Need some clarifications,

1) Should I install in default C: drive

2) what is the minimum disk space to be kept to have trouble free "create disc" for installed drive & working drives.

3) should the import & export working directory same or can be different folder other than in C: drive. how much the space we need to keep free for such drives.

Dafydd, please help...

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Philip,

Yes, you should be able to import a PD7 file into PD6,

I am not at home at the moment, so my terminology might not be correct.

Open PD7, File, Pack project for export, select a location to save the packed file.
Do you have 2 computers, as I do, with PD6 on one and PD7 on the other, if so just copy the packed project onto a flash drive, portable drive, DVD or CD if its small, then import into PD6.

I hope I have explained that correctly.

Home now, so I can correct the above,

Open PD7
File
Export
Pack Project Materials

Robert

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 29. 2008 20:35

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sen,

1. You should always install into your default drive.

2. For DVD production, it is recommended that you have a minimum of 20 GB free space, or 60 GB for Blue Ray

3. It is convenient to use the same directory for import and export, by default this is the My Works folder, however you can choose any directory you like, but it is easier for Power Director to find information, if it is in the same location.

Your import and export directory, does not have to be on the same drive as Power Director, I have Power Director on my C drive, but all my work in progress on D drive, you could also store your files on a portable drive

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 29. 2008 20:34

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
philip [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2008 15:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Robert for your suggestion.

Finally, I got the dll to fix the problem!
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2008 04:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Would someone be able to send me the updated menetemplateio.dll as I have also the same problem.
Thanks
Sen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks RobertJ, I will try it. I hope I could make it.
Thanks again.
Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
There do seem to be issues with the disc burning routine within PD7. I'm having problems with menus, and still having unpredictable crashes during burn. It does seem that if you introduce chapters or menu modifications problems occur during burning, and restarting PD7 does not correct the fault. I also find that if I have had a burn failure, I can't eject the failed disc without re-booting my computer. I then need to do a second re-boot, after which I seem able to burn, providing I don't "tinker" with the menu or insert chapters. For me it still appears to be a "work in progress" and the testing phase was not long enough to identify and remedy these issues. Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Within the next few days there will be an update release which will include the dll being asked for.

It is not intended for the dll to be shared around unrestricted as it was a "test" to check functionality only.

I can understand the urgency - PM me.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30. 2008 04:52

amadain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2008 02:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Howdy
I'm having the same problems as noted here. My C drive is small so I have installed on my d drive even though the os is on the c drive. The c drive does not have enough space. I continually get the crash during 'create disc'. Can you send me a link to the dll update and let me know of any other things I can try?