Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2619
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Previous patch 2613 data: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/32506.page
Previous patch 2527 data: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31878.page
Previous patch 2509 data: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31687.page
From CyberLink:

Dear PowerDirector 12 Forum Members,

Going forward, we’d like to provide our forum members with access to beta patch updates for PowerDirector 12. Beta patch updates are provided by CyberLink so PowerDirector 12 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved.

PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2619

Below are the release notes for the latest beta patch.

Release Date: 2014-Feb-25
Release Note:
Updates:

1. Improves CPU usage and performance when producing video with ColorDirector adjustments applied.
2. Resolves font compatibility issue in the Subtitle Room.
3. Improves program stability when importing and producing QuickTime files.
4. Improves program stability when launching the program.

Download here:
Please check out the latest patch data: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/37892.page#194887

Please feel free to post in this thread:

- if all the change log issues appear to be resolved by the beta patch update.
- if any new program related issues arise as a result of installing the beta patch update.

Please do not use this thread to:

- post any questions about other issues not outlined in the change log.
- post suggested enhancements for future versions of PowerDirector.

We want to ensure this thread stays on the topic at hand, so your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Please note: The PowerDirector development team will not respond to this thread. The thread is intended to be a central gathering place for feedback on the current beta patch update to ensure that future updates of PowerDirector 12 are of the highest quality.

Please note: The beta patch updates are still undergoing the testing process and may include significant issues. It is the beta tester’s responsibility to protect their system and data during beta testing. It is strongly recommended that you back up your computer and its data prior installing a beta patch update.

Regards,
PowerDirector Team

Members who test the beta batch and I'm sure many of us will have a go, here are some items to include and consider.

1. Test the issue you find, see if it repeatedly does the fault.
2. Write up your actions/report so others can follow your actions (step by step) and replicate the fault you've found.
3. Be thorough. Test the beta fully BEFORE writing a report here, "don't jump too soon" without checking your actions.
4. INCLUDE a diagnostic of your PC.
5. Don't overload this feedback location with multiple confirmations - one or two is ok, if you disagree, that's good to.
6. Feedback on the patch - no distracting or tangential commentary is wanted, as it is unnecessary on this thread.

Have a go and see what you find - it can be fun making PowerDirector better.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2014 04:30

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Does not download. The downloader finishes and says dwnload completed. The patch is not seen in the downloaded location. Where is the problem PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Does not download. The downloader finishes and says download completed. The patch is not seen in the downloaded location. Where is the problem

The problem is with the .ini files that the downloader uses, and they can cause the downloader to think that the last patch you downloaded is the most recent one and won't download the new one. There is a thread on the forum for how to manually delete the files, but I wrote a simple batch file to do it automatically.

Open Notepad (or any plain text editor) and copy the following lines to it:

del C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\Downloader\*.ini
start Your_Drive:\Your_Folder\CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe
exit

On my system the 2nd line looks like this: start D:\upgrades\CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Now save the text file as a batch file. To do this change the default ".txt" extension to ".bat" - I called mine "PD12 Updater.bat"

Once you've saved the file, double check in Windows Explorer that it wasn't accidently named as "PD12 Updater.bat.txt" If it was, use the rename function (Click on the file and press <F2> or right-click and choose Rename). Confirm that you want to change the extension, and you're done.

From now on, each time you run the updater from the batch file, it will automatically clear the old .ini files and you will ALWAYS get the latest patch Note that you may need to run the batch file as an Administrator. To do so, right-click on the batch file and choose Run as Administrator and confirm at the User Account Control prompt.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi BabIndia & optodata -

Happy to say mine downloaded and installed without a hitch. Now running 2619.

Good job too, optodata. I wasn't about to go messing with the downloader's .ini files

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I had not encountered any of the listed problems that this patch addresses, so I cannot say if any of them persist.

I have not encountered any new problems with this patch, but sadly, I can confirm that the bug that breaks the link between the audio and video in various clips is still present (my project is 60fps)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]

Optodata, your method did not work. Thank you anyway for trying to help

Ynotfish thank you for the input

I ran "Advanced system care pro 7.1" which is cleaner optimizer utility and that solved the issue
[Thumb - pd patch download.gif]
 Filename
pd patch download.gif
[Disk]
 Description
download acreen shot
 Filesize
250 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
206 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2014 21:39

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

[Post New]
the downloader works perfectly for me, Bab, do you try another computer?
[Thumb - 2619.png]
 Filename
2619.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
111 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
181 time(s)
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone else get this error message saying they do not have the required program installed ?
See attached pic.

Ever since CL Tech support sent me new files to install because I was missing some menus in PD 12 Ultimate Suite I am no longer able to install the Beta patches. I contacted Tech support and their response was something along the lines of not to install beta patches and wait for the official final patch release.

Urgh?

Btw- I am able to d/l the beta patches just fine.. I just can't install and test them !

Rob
[Thumb - Error Beta patch permission install.PNG]
 Filename
Error Beta patch permission install.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
203 time(s)
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
optodata
[Post New]
RobAC, it sounds like PD12 isn't correctly installed, which was why you had the missing menus and why the updater can't find a valid PD12 installation. I don't know what steps you went through before getting the new files from Cyberlink, but these steps might resolve the problem:

• Back-up your system first. If everything else is working OK now, you'll want to be able to restore your computer if anything goes wrong.

• Try reinstalling the main program from the PD12 suite. You should have a link in your purchase confirmation/license email. You can also re-download the original installer and retrieve your license keys from the My Account section on the Cyberlink site. It's possible that a reinstall at this point will be enough to properly register PD12, although the program will be out of date. I'd run the downloaded patch now and see if everything works.

• If you can't install the original files over the existing installation, uninstall PD12 and run the original installer again. Now try running the downloaded patch. If that works but you still have the missing menus, try installing the files you got from Cyberlink to correct the problem last time.

• Hopefully you'll have the latest patch installed along with your menus.

If these steps don't work, please tell us what the file names are that you got from Cyberlink. Maybe that will help us figure out what else to try. Good Luck!

YouTube/optodata

RobAC [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Thanks.

I have done everything including a full system re-install (in the middle of system building.) Long story short - my original Ultimate Suite install files were from the very early days when PD 12 was first released (12 files). Since then they have fine tuned the install files (now down to 4 files still same approx. 5.8GB total size.)

I even went at it with CL's own "CLCleaner Power Director" install fix utility to see - no luck so far.

I do have a version of the wave editor inside one of my original PD 11 ultimate suite rars. But I am not sure if it is the same version in PD 12. I will ask Tech support just to send me the current Wave Editor install files.

Rob
    2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
    optodata
    [Post New]
    I understand. Just curious - did you try running the original PD12 installer over your current installation?

I don't think the PD12 Patch Installer cares about any of the design packs or even other Ultimate Suite apps like Photo Director or the Wave Editor, so I'd be really surprised if you needed to update or reinstall any of those to get the updater to work.

Try running just the "1_CyberLink_PowerDirector12_Ultimate_VDE130625-01.exe" or whatever your version is called as an Administrator. My version is about 800MB

YouTube/optodata

RobAC [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Quote:
    I do have a version of the wave editor inside one of my original PD 11 ultimate suite rars. But I am not sure if it is the same version in PD 12. I will ask Tech support just to send me the current Wave Editor install files.

Umm.. duh ! Brain fade. Sorry ignore this.
    Completely separate issue I was going to post in the forums. Not sure why the heck I even mentioned in here!

[Edit- tech support just sent me the necessary Wave Editor v2. Installed and works great. Still trying to get my version of PD 12 to accept the beta patches- will keep at it.]

Rob

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2014 13:50

Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]

Quote: The problem is with the .ini files that the downloader uses, and they can cause the downloader to think that the last patch you downloaded is the most recent one and won't download the new one. There is a thread on the forum for how to manually delete the files, but I wrote a simple batch file to do it automatically.

Info I posted somewhere on the forum.
    Go to:
    C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\Downloader
    Delete the ini files - they're just a record of previous downloads and the location of the action taken. Deleting the contents has not harmed my computer.
    Deleting will allow one to access the latest patch (including Beta's) without having problems with incorrect messages etc.
    Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2014 14:14

babindia
    [Post New]
    To add to the post above "programm data folder" is hidden. To make it visible one has to go to control panel > folder options > view > Show hidden files" PC specs :
    OS Windows 10.0 Pro
    Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
    6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
    nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

All vodi
    Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
    [Post New]
    With v2619 I've had several occasions when I activate WaveEditor and then exit it after completing the audio edit, a pop-up dialog box (Importing Media - 100%) refuses to clear itself even after the audio track is transferred back to PD. The only way to remove the pop-up is to restart PD. It does not appear to interfere with PD however. It's a visual nuisance.

I also noted that PD is no longer left in the background when WaveEditor is activated.

OK. After using this release a bit more I've now witnessed that sometimes when PD is supposed to close WaveEditor when writing back the edited audio track that PD gets minimized with several items on the window garbled. To fix the screen one only needs to minimize and then maximize PD and all goes back to where it's supposed to be. Definitely not seen in previous releases !

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 02. 2014 15:42

Win 10, i7
    All vodi
    Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
    [Post New]
    When working with AVC files when I split a clip in any number of sections I notice that the usual "fix/enhance, power tools, etc" buttons disappear for the split clip. If I unlink the video from the audio the buttons re-appear. Is this normal ?????? Win 10, i7
    optodata
    [Post New]
    The buttons disappearing is a symptom of the bug that breaks the video and audio from various clips into separate sections. If you close the editor and reopen it you'll see that they are separated on the clip that wouldn't display the buttons. This has been happening on 50 & 60fps projects since PD12 came

YouTube/optodata

All vodi
    [Post New]
    Optodata. Thanks for confirming the problem. In case you have not noticed this thread is for users that know how PD is supposed to work. As stated by the forum moderator at the top the intent is to LIST issues found with the beta release.

If you have additional detail on this problem with PD or any other beta release items please list it, as requested by the moderator. Thanks in advance. Win 10, i7
    Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hi HDedit,
    I have forwarded your issues to CyberLink. Thank you for posting them here.

Hi members,
    Thank you everyone for the contribution here to the beta patch. A new patch v2626 has been released today, please download and "have fun" testing out and reporting back.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2014 04:38