Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Directorr 7
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
I loaded videos for a new project into PD7.
I changed the first page with the titles, font and colour that I wanted. The thumbnail pics have been chosen etc.
The last thing that I decided to change was the directional arrows at the bottom. I had some items that I wanted to use as arrows, the correct size etc. I click on Modify (as soon as I do this, it shows me a screen that says My Videos and Item 1, Item 2, Item 3. and the navigational buttons (now the screen that I have customized, is still showing slightly behind the modify screen and it still looks right.
I choose Set button Effects, change navigational buttons. I go down to the bottom and click on the arrow and import and change that (do this for the other two arrows) I click on OK. It now asks me for a name for the template, I name it. The screen still shows behind as being the modified screen, once it is saved, it changes the title on the front screen back to My Videos (from what I had in there (the font and colour I chose is correct)
When I click on Chapters and enter, My thumbnails are there but rearranged as are the titles (the colour and font are fine) and the My Videos is showing up at top , even though I had gotten rid of it and the music has reverted to the template music (even though I had chosen another song and had saved it as such).
My navigational buttons are the way I want them though SO. I rearrange things and get rid of the My Videos again. SO now everything is set once again and now I burn the project, my settings I have set 4x to burn, include run buffer. The disc gets to 96 and then the error code is c0040004.
SO I go back in to change the template. As soon as I open it I get the page again with My Videos Item 1 2 and 3 If i cancel out, nothing happens, if i change the navigational buttons I go back as it did when I changed them the first time. If I get out of this template, and go into a regular one, it changes everying. If i go back and choose the same template I had that I saved, I'm still in the same boat, the front page goes back to My Videos although the font and style stay the same.
I changed the navigational buttons back to what they were in the original template but named this template the same as the altered one so that it would overwrite the previous one, it didn't do that, I now have two custom templates named the same thing plus none of the templates will allow me to go back and just change the navigational buttons.
SO now I go back and set it totally up again. I choose the basic template. My thumbnails are still there, the titles are still there, but the font and the style belong to the main template as do the navigational buttons. I redo the font and colour, this is being burned at HQ at 4x (once again) I start the burn now at 96% I get an error code of 80004005.
(this is a project i have just finished burning in PP5 successfully.) Same computer, same videos same everything.

I realize this is long winded, but if someone can recreate this and tell me what i'm doing wrong i would appreciate it.

The template I'm using is christmas.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have been trying to replicate this issue but cant - it's difficult trying to follow your data. Can you re-write it a little please?

Take a look at:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A
PART D
Could you also do: PART H - a simple test and report.

I think you've got most of the data in your posting, just a bit jumbled. You've also missed out info on what you've got in the time-line - length of video and video format. Number of chapters?

If you could attach images that would be another help.
PART E, F. Less than 100kb.

Write it in bullet point (listed) fashion will help a lot.

There have been reported issues with the DVD menu.... which are inline for an update correction asap.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2008 16:15

McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried to attach and word doc with report and pics etc and the diag.txt file, but either I'm doing something wrong OR the site freezes and doesn't accept the docs.

Please advise.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
You've likely tried to load files which were greater than 100kb.

I've sent you a PM.

Dafydd
[Post New]
I would love to know the outcome of this situation as I’ve had similar problems with the menu (haven’t attempted to burn yet because I haven’t been able to get the menu to do what I want).
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was given a new build, but really it just allowed me to burn. I have tried another project and find i still have menu issues. I have to document what I am currently doing.

If you can tell me a bit about what you are trying, I will see if I can help, or at least suggest a way around it so that you can burn your dvd (depending upon the issue).
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm told the issue will be resolved when the newest build is released in a few of days time.

Dafydd
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Looking forward to it. Thank you.