Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost ability to resize clips
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I ran into a very odd situation. It happened to me on two separate projects, but so far I haven't been able to come up with a series of steps that will duplicated it.

The bottom line is that, after horsing around endlessly to synch the video and audio tracks I relinked them. I did that so they wouldn't slide around if I did any further tinkering. Once I had relinked the audio and video, I was unable to resize the video. There was no way to display the TV Safe Zone (greyed out) or move the preview image. If I unlinked the video and audio, things returned to normal.

I was able to switch back and forth as many times as I wanted, and each time the result was the same: when the audio and video were linked, I couldn't manipulate the image in the preview window.

Other clips on the same timeline were not affected.

I was working on four pretty much identical projects, using four clips from the exact same source, but my work flow was not identical because I kept finding more efficient ways to do things.

Is this related to http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/29997.page?

Am I alone in this funhouse? Jerry Schwartz
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Jerry,

things have a way of changing in PD, more over time.
I wonder, did you “link” (again ) the “unlinked” – or did you use “undo” ?
Try “undo” if you haven’t, and continuous. (Instead of relink)
PD might not remember which belongs to which if you have “horsed around”.
Just a suggestion.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I couldn't use Undo, because after I unlinked the audio and video I had to move them relative to each other. In the original WMVs the sound was about 20 minutes behind the video. (There were a lot of other weird things going on, too.) I had to do a lot of pulling and pushing to get things lined up.

I know that I linked the right clips. There was only one clip per project, so there was only one possibility. When I inserted a still at the beginning, I could resize the still.

This only happened on two of my four projects, each of which used a similar (but different) WMV source. Jerry Schwartz
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Jerry,

you kinda lost me here....

In the original WMVs the sound was about 20 minutes behind the video.

??
That's very, very odd.

There was only one clip per project

These wmv (s?), are they something you have converted?
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
jerrys
[Post New]
Quote: Jerry,

you kinda lost me here....

In the original WMVs the sound was about 20 minutes behind the video.

??
That's very, very odd.

<shrug> It is what it is. It isn't an issue with PD.

What's even stranger is that there is about 20 minutes of "stuff" at the end of the audio track that PD displays as a wave form, but no sound comes out. It is accompanied by a frozen video frame. This, again, isn't a PD problem. Every other player does the same thing.

I suppose there might be sub- or supersonic noise there, I didn't think to check.

There was only one clip per project

Quote: These wmv (s?), are they something you have converted?

Yes, they were converted from WebEx ARF files by their converter program. Jerry Schwartz