Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tools disappear
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
It's a "rare" occurrence, this apparent bug, it's only happened a few times to me, I can't pinpoint why, though Playsound may have a theory. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
DGP23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2013 17:22 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Happens to me everytime, all fine until I save a project and then reopen. I unlink the video audio to get the tools back, but then audio is out of line, so I delete the audio (luckily I havent really needed to use it) and this often causes the whole program to crash!!
DJTP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2009 15:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Has this been fixed?
DGP23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2013 17:22 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
not for me, I am getting by now by unlinking sound / audio, and then removing the audio, as soon as I put a clip into the timeline. Obviously this only helps if your not needing to use the sound in the clip, but so far I have been able to open saved projects without any problems and the program has not crashed since (fingers crossed)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,
Update: With the excellent help of playsound, CyberLink R&D have been able to reproduce the unwanted unlinking issue and are carrying out further testing to resolve the bug. The Tools disappearing issue is part of the same bug and is fixable if the file itself is unlinked via the right click.

The unlinking issue repeats when the default transition duration was set to 1.9. The current recommendation is to retain the default transition length.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2013 05:33

[Post New]
With the collaboration of Jean Lan (Cyberlink Support) found the cause of the error (Tools video disappears) and its side effects.
On my PC, changing the default timeout transition to 1.8 or 1.9 causes the error.
Only with added transitions (CROSFADE)
Time pattern (2.0 Cyberlink)
Runs normal for other times.
Thank you for supporting Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hang on a sec Playsound- I would not mark this as "resolved" since the issue is not fixed.

I use a faster 0.7 Transition timing and it happens with the Crossfade transition.

I have never used 1.8 or 1.9 transition timing.

Having to use the default 2.0 Transition timing as a work around is way too slow.
Like watching paint dry.

Rob

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
[Post New]
Quote: Hang on a sec Playsound- I would not mark this as "resolved" since the issue is not fixed.

I use a faster 0.7 Transition timing and it happens with the Crossfade transition.

I have never used 1.8 or 1.9 transition timing.

Having to use the default 2.0 Transition timing as a work around is way too slow.
Like watching paint dry.

Rob

Put as solved, because now I can work normal knowing and avoiding what causes the error, already solves for me.
I believe Cyberlink should fix the error at the root soon.
I checked here, transition time 0.7 causes the error, with (0.6, 0.8 and 1.0) works well, for me.
Note: The project may have transitions with different times.
In (Prefereces / Editing / transitions) should leave 2.0, or another time that does not cause the error.
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate