Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 11 render issue, is it Nvidia software?
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all ..... my first post!

I know this topic keeps popping up but I felt I had to ask about it!
I have used various non-linear edit systems for a long time now (remember the "good old days of scuzzy drives?) but only
bought PD 11 for a few months ago ( bought it just before PD12 came out !)
So far, I've had a love hate relationship with it.
It worked at first, a bit slow, but it worked.
The clips still play beautifully from the clips bin/library. However, as soon as a clip is edited into the timeline, all PD 11 wants to do is render the timeline making it unusable. I've tried using shadow files but to no avail.

I read a few past articles I'm now wondering if the problem is related to my Nvidia GFX card driver but not sure, is the a way I can check before deleting drivers?

Any suggestions please?

I'm using Win 7 operating at 64 bit. Intel i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz with 8gb ram plus a Nvidia GeForce GT 640 card.

All software/drivers are up to date.

[Thumb - KylePD11.jpg]
 Filename
KylePD11.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen shot
 Filesize
383 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
86 time(s)
 Filename
KyleF64DxDiag.txt.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Diagnostic File
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
406 time(s)
I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
This looks like the same issue that is described in this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30660.page#169495
and others. As is mentioned in the thread, apparently the only solution to date is to roll back to 331.58. If you can't do that in Device Manager you will find it in this list of drivers (Insert your GPU model and hit Search):
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: This looks like the same issue that is described in this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30660.page#169495
and others. As is mentioned in the thread, apparently the only solution to date is to roll back to 331.58. If you can't do that in Device Manager you will find it in this list of drivers (Insert your GPU model and hit Search):
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Hi Billy R, many thanks for your reply.

Since posting my question, things have got a bit more interesting !!!

While using PD 11 Ultimate to work on one of my latest projects, my PC/PD11 (?) froze. After restarting my PC the project had vanished , I was informed by a helpful PD11 info screen that it....Your Project No Longer Exists"! After carrying out an extensive search, all I could find (thankfully) was the original media. Fortune still shines though as I had taken the trouble to upload an almost finished version onto YouTube for client approval.
Heres the link YouTube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OzMF2lBByw
I've managed to download a copy to carry out some updates to give to the client tonight!

Going back to your suggestions about Nvidia drivers,

I've downloaded an older driver but my Win 7 Home Premium will not let me "Roll Back" the driver EVEN though I've logged on as Administrator. I've even tried to use the dreaded CMD command which did give me admin rights but still the "Roll Back Driver" command was shaded out. In shear frustration, I deleted the Nvidia driver then double clicked the old driver to install it. Everything appeared to work but on relaunch, the newer driver had been re-installed! I've used PCs for years, hate them with a (new found) vengence. I'm now running out of time to complete this project for tonight. Apart from going back to use my old fav edit system, can anyone offer any advice on how to stop PC from automatically updating the drivers ?

Thanks for your help. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Can you remove it from Control Panel, all references. Restart and let the Windows VGA driver install, display will be different, not as small or defined, then re-install the 331.58 driver to a fresh install.

Dave HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Can you remove it from Control Panel, all references. Restart and let the Windows VGA driver install, display will be different, not as small or defined, then re-install the 331.58 driver to a fresh install.

Dave

Hi Dave 456

Thanks for your reply.

I had already carried out the procedure you've described by downloading an earlier driver ( I went for the Jan 2013 issue ) and save the file to my desktop.
On double clicking the file to launch the file loading application all went well until a final screen informed me the file would not load!
However, what I didn't do (Too much of a hurry!) and this is the Really important bit, was to READ the info that came with the file.
You have to right click, go to Properties, then read the info carefully. You should see some info telling you that the file is BLOCKED because it has been downloaded from another computer. Simply click the UNBLOCK command. Go back to the file on the desktop, right click once more and select "Run As Administrator", the file should then load correctly ... and it did!

Guess what ..... my Power Director 11 Ultimate Suite works again!

Thanks for all the interest and help

N.B. It could be my antivirus software that added this BLOCKED button ! I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
N.B. It could be my antivirus software that added this BLOCKED button !

Could very well be what happened. I am glad its working for you now.

Dave HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Cheers Dave 456 I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 14, 2012 00:55 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue. I remember this bug happened earlier this year or last year. You could disable CUDA for PD and that fixed it, but now the workaround doesn't work.

Problem for me is I also play Battlefield 4 on the PC and for games you want the latest driver. So I will just to wait it out