Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blur multiple faces
david445 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
Have a 1min30sec video in 5 segments, where in every segment want to blur 3-4 faces.

Don't want to do it by hand, there are any tool that automatically recognize and blur the faces, in Google map style?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Deleted post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2013 14:52

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've found a possible solution: YouTube now allow an automatic editing tool that recognize and blur faces.

I wanted better to have something locally with a better control but in the meantime...
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've found a possible solution: YouTube now allow an automatic editing tool that recognize and blur faces.

I wanted better to have something locally with a better control but in the meantime...

Good that Youtube has a tool.

You can do it locally, but Powerdirector does not have the software to do multiple faces in one go.

You can blur one face, produce that video, bring the edited video to the timeline then blur another face, repeat until all faces are blurred.

Oh, and you can download the Youtube video and store it on your computer.

"YoutubeDownloaderHD" works, Firefox has the download ability.
There is other downloader software that works.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2013 10:27

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Good that Youtube has a tool.

You can do it locally, but Powerdirector does not have the software to do multiple faces in one go.

You can blur one face, produce that video, bring the edited video to the timeline then blur another face, repeat until all faces are blurred.

Oh, and you can download the Youtube video and store it on your computer.

"YoutubeDownloaderHD" works, Firefox has the download ability.
There is other downloader software that works.

The problem with YouTube it's first and most the upload time. Using my ADSL can mean many hours.
Second one the blur it's done using big squares, so you blur a big area, not exactly a nice work.

There are any way in PD to trace a path for your blur shape so to follow faces during the video?
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: There are any way in PD to trace a path for your blur shape so to follow faces during the video?

Yes, you can define the position using keyframes.

There is a tutorial on that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_pbBhTl1I

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2013 12:58

pixelan1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bellingham, WA Joined: Oct 24, 2013 21:27 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Another option is to apply our PowerDirector plug-in called "SpiceMaster" as an effect (not a transition) to your clip the same number of times as the number of faces you have, then position the movable mask each instance on a different face. If the faces are moving, you can keyframe the positions independently to follow them. For a tutorial on using SpiceMaster to dynamically mask over time ANY PowerDirector effect, see my post here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30591.page

Note however, you'd need to be using PowerDirector 12 or later. For more info about our PowerDirector plugins, see http://www.pixelan.com/cyberlink-plugins.htm

Sincerely,
Michael Feerer
Pixelan Software
http://www.pixelan.com