Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 7 installation file is corrupt
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
All of you who have recently purchased PD7 and have suffered the "installation file is corrupt" episode, will be contacted by email (by the CyberLink/Element5 route). You will be given a link to PD7 v1628a (the one I'm using at the moment). It appears an incomplete build was uploaded to Element5.

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 19. 2008 07:20

Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 05:25 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Looking forward to this working.....

Had to post this gem from the Cyberlink suuport in reply to me suggesting they have a corrput package and its effecting a few people.

Dear Jason,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDirector software.

In response to your concern, we can assure you that we donot provide any corrupted file to our customers as we know the value of the money that you have spent for purchasing this product.

It is also possible that while downloading this file has been undergone corruption. So, we suggest you to download the link that we have provided you in the previous mail.

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jason,

This is what happens when support is in India and are not aware that a problem exists. The back door does not know whats happening at the front door and because the problem did not become apparent until the end of the week, well you know the rest.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Nigel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 06:29 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
All of you who have recently purchased PD7 and have suffered the "installation file is corrupt" episode, will be contacted by email (by the CyberLink/Element5 route). You will be given a link to PD7 v1628a (the one I'm using at the moment). It appears an incomplete build was uploaded to Element5.

Dafydd

I received another email this morning with a downlaod link. The file is the same build number but I downloaded it anyway. And guess what? Yep its still corrupt.

What do I need to do to get a refund? Cyberlink obviously have no idea how to treat their customers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2008 07:50

Joey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2007 10:30 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've had the same problem. I did receive another download link from element5, this morning, but that file is also corrupt.

I've sent a you a PM, Dafydd, with my proof of purchase. Will we be receiving a valid link today?

Thanks
[Post New]

Dafydd

OK but when will be done ?
One day ?
One week ?
One month ?
Element 5 know exactly all the E-Mail of all the people that have that problem ?
We have already payed for something that we don't have it and we CAN'T take it ...
I think will be a better think a more clear SUPPORT to all that people not only a message "will be give you a new link ..." OK BUT WHEN ??!!??

Luca

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2008 08:19

[Post New]
Quote: I've had the same problem. I did receive another download link from element5, this morning, but that file is also corrupt.

I've sent a you a PM, Dafydd, with my proof of purchase. Will we be receiving a valid link today?

Thanks

Good news !
I think I will ask to Ciberlink my money back
And I think I will go to other and more serious software house, sorry

Luca
[Post New]
Just received a new link ... hummmm ... good news ...
Tried to download the new version of PD7 ... huummmm ...
Again problem the dowload link is very very SLOW, more than 18 hours to all the 650Mb !!!!
After all that time I hope to don't see again a corrupted file

Luca
[Post New]
Incredible !

The new link working like an old 56Kb modem but, the old modem will be faster ...

Luca
Anthony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 10:27 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Are you sure it is a NEW link as I was sent an email from Element 5 saying 'We are again sending you your Download link' and it's the same link with the same corrupt file!

So don't get your up!
[Post New]
Nothing !
Element 5 tell me that the speed of my download is a problem of my PC
Sorry but I have tried also other two PC and the problem of the SLOW download speed is still present ...

I don't know how to think about CiberLink, but I repeat, I'm sure PD7 will be my last CiberLink porduct, much better ather company

Luca

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 19. 2008 10:06

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
A few basic questions

1) Is there more than one build of PD7 in consumer hands? Why did some experience a successful download and installation and others not? No build patches are posted for PD7.

2) Is there a particular date range of purchase that produces a corrupt download? I bought and downloaded on May 8, 2008 but have not installed yet as I could not afford any PD issues at this time so I was holding off. Been through that with all previous first releases of PD and didn't want to go there yet.

3) My download link expires on June 8. If my product is in the date range that is corrupt, can I simply download say on May 23 (assume things are corrected by then) from the same link or do I need to request a new link?

Thanks
Jeff
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2008 12:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
OK. Cyberlink has sent a new link to a file that is not corrupt. Thank you, Dafydd, for your help!

BUT ... The PD "Bonus Downloads" for members are invalid and don't install. I suggest that Cyberlink either corrects this issue or removes the "bonuses" altogether.

My hope is that Cyberlink is not headed in the same direction as Pinnacle Systems, which has permanently lost my (and countless others') business.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I don't control the information sent out by E5 - so I'm just a s cheesed off as you are that they've sent out the links to the corrupt download (for a 2nd time). Actually, I'm bloody annoyed! I will send in a report to the Head of Customer Support and I'm sure he will be just as irritated that you've all had to experience this issue a second time.

As I mentioned in my previous post the problem revolved around a new build being uploaded before it was ready to be. I'm using v1628a and this is the build you will receive. CyberLink are working on resolving issues I've spotted in 1628a and others have reported - they are minor but need improving. Software companies will react and correct any issue reported to them. I have been suggesting improvements since version 2.0 and I have already made suggestions for version 8.0

I'm concerned about the report made on Bonus links - let me know which these are and I'll see if I can get it sorted asap.

I'm not going to forward any more proof of purchase details to CyberLink on this issue as you will be contacted directly by E5/CyberLink and it just fills up my in-box. It wont speed up anything and will just be a waste of effort.

If any of you would like to compose a letter of complaint then send me it as a PM and include your name and email address. I will forward them on.

I'm sorry all of you have had to have this hassle - I think a young staffer made a mistake, it happens and we've all done something silly in our day.

warm regards

Dafydd

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 23. 2008 09:02

[Post New]
Quote: A few basic questions

1) Is there more than one build of PD7 in consumer hands? Why did some experience a successful download and installation and others not? No build patches are posted for PD7.

2) Is there a particular date range of purchase that produces a corrupt download? I bought and downloaded on May 8, 2008 but have not installed yet as I could not afford any PD issues at this time so I was holding off. Been through that with all previous first releases of PD and didn't want to go there yet.

3) My download link expires on June 8. If my product is in the date range that is corrupt, can I simply download say on May 23 (assume things are corrected by then) from the same link or do I need to request a new link?

Thanks
Jeff

Good Question
[Post New]

I don't control the information sent out by E5 - so I'm just a s cheesed off as you are that they've sent out the links to the corrupt download (for a 2nd time). Actually, I'm bloody annoyed! I will send in a report to the Head of Customer Support and I'm sure he will be just as irritated that you've all had to experience this issue a second time.

As I mentioned in my previous post the problem revolved around a new build being uploaded before it was ready to be. I'm using v1628a and this is the build you will receive. CyberLink are working on resolving issues I've spotted in 1628a and others have reported - they are minor but need improving. Software companies will react and correct any issue reported to them. I have been suggesting improvements since version 2.0 and I have already made suggestions for version 8.0

I'm concerned about the report made on Bonus links - let me know which these are and I'll see if I can get it sorted asap.

I'm not going to forward any more proof of purchase details to CyberLink on this issue as you will be contacted directly by E5/CyberLink and it just fills up my in-box. It wont speed up anything and will just be a waste of effort.

If any of you would like to compose a letter of complaint then send me it as a PM and include your name and email address. I will forward them on.

I'm sorry all of you have had to have this hassle - I think a young staffer made a mistake, it happens and we've all done something silly in our day.

warm regards

Dafydd

I understand very well that you are annoyed about that problem, but you have a working copy of PD7
I have payed and I don't have anything in my hands ... I'm filling a little hungry with all CiberLink !
Maybee I have to look on eMule or BT to have something that is working ... and without pay (sorry for that)

So now we are alone ...

Luca

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 19. 2008 14:59

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am on version 1628a. Downloaded May 13 for first time and have not experienced any problems thus far.

However, I have gone to preferences and disabled the auto update until all download issues are resolved.

Maybe I am just lucky or are my troubles lurking??

Good luck guys.
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 05:25 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd

Thanks for your efforts on this.

I will send you a personal message of the entire communication thread I have had with cyberlink which pretty much forms the basis of my complaint. The guys handling the responses are beyond unbelievable.

If I get "we understand your complaint with Power Director 7, however" one more time I'm going to personally fly over to India or wherever it is these calls are going to and rip someone a new asshole....

They also refuse to give me an official channel to make an official complaint.

So if you could somehow get this to someone in the company who actually gives a f%#k that would be much appreciated.

Will forward it through to you later on today.

Jason

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2008 14:08

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Amuro Rey, I have direct contact with whoever I need within CyberLink. If you compose a PM and provide your name and email address I will place it with the right people to give you a response. I don't need PM's sent to me which are near identical to your posting - that's spamming me. I am notified of both by email.

All: I am monitoring this posting as and when. I have already sent off an email on the duplicated url issue. In 5 hours 10 minutes time these emails will be read and action taken asap. If I need to I will phone Taiwan.

As I've already mentioned in a previous posting - PM me your complaint and include your name and email address

Dafydd

drilldoc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2008 00:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Good afternoon all,
I received a new download link from cyberlink this morning. Downloaded PD7 with no problems, installed it and it's up and running. Thank you Dafydd for your help on this matter.
I too was upset about not having the download work but they have indeed taken care of it as far as I see. I compared the new link url to the old one and it seems the same. I would suggest to those who had the same issue to try it again now and see if it works for you. You should know its correct if when you are finished it is NOT 627MB in size but actually 646MB. Hope this helps a bit. Now if you'll excuse me Im going to lock myself away and edit till I can't see straight....LOL
Benny [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New York Joined: May 14, 2008 22:11 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased PowerDirector 7 Ultra on May 3rd and it installed without any problems but the Bonus Pack fails to install and displays the following information:

Unable to install PowerDirector Bonus.
The PowerDirector Bonus is only available for the PowerDirector 6 or above version.