Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Well you found it for the rant.!

You said "and as I said previously, most software companies give you a grace period between ordering the current release and new releases being shipped.... "

Please name a few. I might consider buying from them so I don't try to scam them.

Perhaps it is time to close this out since we can't do anyhting for you and we keep going around in circles.

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Lostedge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 14:19 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I got PowerDirector 11 Ultimate for around 60€, and now they have upgrade deal for 80€ ... Upgrade to PD12 should be less than what PD11 costs.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I got PowerDirector 11 Ultimate for around 60€, and now they have upgrade deal for 80€ ... Upgrade to PD12 should be less than what PD11 costs.

Read Kevin64 message about the company selling PowerDirector 11 at a deep discount because the new version was coming out. The original price of PowerDirctor 11 was much more than 60 euros. That is what you have to go by. Contact Cyberlink directly to complain. We have no way to help you.

Are you also trying to get a new version for the price of an older and discounted version? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Lostedge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 14:19 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I got PowerDirector 11 Ultimate for around 60€, and now they have upgrade deal for 80€ ... Upgrade to PD12 should be less than what PD11 costs.

Are you also trying to get a new version for the price of an older and discounted version?

No, I am saying that upgrade should costs less.
Buy PD 11 Ultimate 60€ on discount (6 months ago)
Buy New PD 12 80€
Buy Upgrade to PD 11 Ultimate to PD 12 80€ ...
stevek
[Post New]
Sorry I'm not seeing the same prices you are on the Cyberlink Store. Since I don't know where you are, I can't really see what you are seeing. I don't see PowerDirector 12 Ultimate at that price.

Are you comparing the price of Ultimate to Ultra? Ultra new is 80 euros.

If I look at the prices for Spain, I see 120 euros for the full version and 80 euros for the upgrade. I chose Spain because that was one that gave the price in euros; other countries have the same prices in euros.
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
I have found a discount code for ordering PowerDirector 12 online that worked for me a few minutes ago.

http://goo.gl/JaS6DY

p.s.There is an upgrade version of PD12 (if upgrading from PD11). It is USD$80. However, if you are like me, my 30-day money-back guarantee was on it's 28th day, so I submitted and was approved for my refund of $90.

PD12 (non-upgrade version) costs $130, so the price for me upgrading--using the refund then re-purchase--was $130-90, or $40 less the discount code which was (for me) 5% or $6.50, bringing my total "upgrade" cost to $33.50.

Had I gone past the 30-day refund period, it would have cost me $80 (minus any discount), so I'm happy!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2013 13:38

---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM