Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to make new custom profiles - SOLVED
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
After I upgraded to PD11 a few days ago, I discovered that all the custom profiles I had developed on the Produce page in PD9 were missing. Here on the Forum I was given the advice to find the profiles .ini file from PD9 and paste it into the one for PD11. I did that - but it didn't work. Custom profiles still don't show up.

I then tried to make a custom profile, the way I'd done many times in PD9 - but the program won't allow me to do it. The error message keeps coming up that no custom profiles exist and to choose another one--.--- What the...?

rbowser

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31. 2013 19:39

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rbowser -

There must be a reason your copied/pasted profiles from the PD9 Profile.ini aren't showing up under the custom profiles in PD11.

Could you please attach your original PD9 Profile.ini document here? Members may be able to test & locate the issue. That might save you remaking the profiles.

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0

Attached is a .pdf describing the basic steps of customising a profile by editing the Profile.ini

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Profile.ini_HowTo.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
638 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1145 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi rbowser -

There must be a reason your copied/pasted profiles from the PD9 Profile.ini aren't showing up under the custom profiles in PD11.

Could you please attach your original PD9 Profile.ini document here? Members may be able to test & locate the issue. That might save you remaking the profiles.

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0

Attached is a .pdf describing the basic steps of customising a profile by editing the Profile.ini

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for the reply, Tony - I'm attaching the original PD9 Profile .ini file as requested.

Right now, I'm unable to make any new profiles in PD11. I choose custom options in the Produce window, like I did in PD 9, and it won't be saved. Like I said in my original post, a message comes up about no custom profiles existing - That's like, unresponsive, has nothing to do with trying to create one. The error message sounds like it thinks I'm trying to open a profile, not make one.

I've looked at the PDF you attached - This doesn't mean that to make a custom profile, you always have to go the .ini file and edit it, right? This is only if you're trying to use some parameter that isn't allowed while there inside the program--?

rbowser
 Filename
Profile.ini
[Disk]
 Description
PD 9 Profile.ini
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
More info! After replying to you just now, Tony, I took a look at the PD 11 ini file and it looks messed up. When I first followed the instructions to paste in the profiles from PD9, PD11's ini file was empty. Fine - Today I was trying to make some custom profiles in PD11, wasn't successful. Now it looks like the program was trying to add the new things to the file --um, but---

I'm attaching this PD 11 ini file - look at the bottom half-- It's double spaced between every character! Above that you can see the PD9 text I pasted.--- ?

rbowser
 Filename
Profile.ini
[Disk]
 Description
PD 11 Profile ini.
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
315 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
You're right.

That PD11 Profile.ini is a mess! Somehow the formatting's been corrupted. Was it edited directly in Notepad? It looks like it's been processed somewhere else.

When I copied & pasted your PD9 profiles into my PD11 Profile.ini the profiles all appeared in the Produce module (pic attached) - so nothing wrong there.

I would either:
(a) go to C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\11.0 - select the Profile.ini & delete it. PD will generate a new one as soon as you click the + button
- see if you can customise a profile now
(b) delete the Profile.ini as above, then go to C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0 - right click on Profil.ini > Copy - then paste in in the 11.0 folder.

Cheers (& good luck) - Tony
[Thumb - rbowser-Profiles.png]
 Filename
rbowser-Profiles.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
114 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: ...
(b) delete the Profile.ini as above, then go to C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0 - right click on Profil.ini > Copy - then paste in in the 11.0 folder...

That did the trick, Tony! Got me old profiles in PD11 now. AND I know now what I did wrong earlier - User Error time. The other day I followed the instructions to open the old .ini file, copy it, and paste the text into the blank PD11 .ini file. Well, I used Notepad to do that editing, and it did the job of messing up the formatting.

So, copying text and pasting didn't work, but just copying the file and pasting it, without copying text - that worked.

Thanks much, Tony!

rbowser