Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video lags audio track when i apply 'magic clean'
ingrid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2008 05:29 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

Hi...
when i start a new project the audio and the video are perfectly synced. as soon as i use "magic clean' on one of the video clips the video slows way down. even after i remove the 'cleaning' effect from the video clip it still doesn't sync up right. what do i do? i really want to clean up some areas of my video before i publish it. i'm using pd6. thanks...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2008 05:46

Bernard's F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2006 01:52 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ingrid,
It seems that you applied "Clear Video" of Magic Clean? Which clean method you selected?
How long is the clip you applied Magic Clean? And how long is the lag?

What happen if you remove the problematic clip then add it back to the timeline?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2008 09:12

ingrid [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, thanks for replying. in magic clean i went to color adjustment and adjusted the sharpness and the brightness and contrast. thats all it took. there went my sync. my clip was about 20 seconds long and the lag was about 3 or 4 seconds. i did however find the 'remove transition' when i right clicked on the clip which did restore the sync correctly. hope this helps
Monica Wu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2008 22:33 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Ingrid,
I can't reproduce it.It's so strange that I can't find the option "Remove transition" at the right-click menu.By the way,what kind of the video clip do you use and do you also apply the transition at the video clip?
ingrid [Avatar]
[Post New]
my clip is a .mpg. i'm sorry, but i don't know what u mean by 'apply the transition at the video clip?'.
Monica Wu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2008 22:33 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Ingrid,
I just want to know do you add any transition effect at the end of the video clip.Thanks.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
What PowerDirector version build (of PD6) do you have Ingrid?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A

I see by the follow up question Monica and Bernard are trying to isolate the cause and what actions you're selecting Ingrid. Please have a quick read of PART D (same url). It's important for all the information to be given and..... you get a faster response.

Dafydd

ingrid [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok, here is everything i did, step by step:
1. open up pd deluxe v 6.00.1604a, then select 'new project'
2. import my video source files; a .mpg file and a .avi file (those are the extensions my files have in windows explorer, but after i've imported them and hover over them, it says 'type MPEG-1' and 'type DivX'
3. drag each video to the mvt, right-click each clip, select 'split audio'
4. delete the audio clips that appear in the voice track
5. import audio file; 'type MP3'
6. drag my audio file down to the music track
7. trim each video clip to get the timing that i want
8. in movie mode played everything in time-line, the syncing is perfect
9. first clip, the mpg, click 'magic clean', then 'color adjustment'
10. adjust brightness, contrast, & sharpness, then apply
11. in movie mode played everything in time-line, the syncing is off
ingrid [Avatar]
[Post New]
i'm confused, or maybe just impatient. but i got a response to my post saying to list EVERYTHING i did, step by step and that i would get a faster response. well i did just that, it took me quite a while to compose my reply too, about 1/2 hour. that was like 3 days ago and no one has answered me yet. am i missing something?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ingrid,

Sorry, I missed your reply... I'm not sure why, I think the notification I should have received just wasn't sent out. The Forum has had a lot of problems the last few weeks and I have sent in various reports. I also try and answer asap.

Okay,
re:
1. open up pd deluxe v 6.00.1604a, then select 'new project'

I want you to get the latest build of PD - the update ... you're two version builds behind. the latest is v2319.

Upgrade to the latest build of your version of PowerDirector.
After checking the Help/About in PD go visit:
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/updates_4_ENU.html

I then want you to repeat the process again to check if the update has improved the situation.

Dafydd
PS Very good write up.