Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is my PC is too old for the PD9?!
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have problems with PC: when I edit some project or just surf in internet, my PC time to time like freezes (waits for buffer or something) and I need to wait minute or two to continue.... its very frustrating, believe me
PD9 time to time also wants to rendering (PD program and files for edit I have on separate hard disk). Shadow files are generated.
Windows 8.
PowerDirector9 32-bit Ultra 64 9.0.0.3305

Could someone check my PC information and give me some advise, do I need to replace there something or need to buy already a new PC?! Of course, money is never enough, so first option is to replice something
Diagnostic file, etc added.
 Filename
fff.nfo
[Disk]
 Description
System information file
 Filesize
3074 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
278 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag.txt
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
389 time(s)
 Filename
rr.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Video file information (Mediainfo)
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
250 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Apr 10. 2013 14:33

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Your computer will struggle with HD files.

Expect long delays and pauses.

If you can afford a new super computer, you would have greater joy editing HD content.
If you install Powerdirector 9 Ultra on a new 64 Bit computer you would have a 64 Bit version of Powerdirector.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2013 21:31

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Your computer will struggle with HD files.

If you can afford a new super computer, you would have greater joy editing HD content.
If you install Powerdirector 9 Ultra on a new 64 Bit computer you would have a 64 Bit version of Powerdirector.

Hello Carl, thank you very much for reply!
I went today to the store and they made me an offer: if I just want to improve my present PC. Please take a look and give me your opinion: is it ok or should I changed there something?

Windows 8 64bit
CPU Intel Core i5-3350P 3,1G/6M
Ram memory DDR3 4Gb 1333 C9 Corsair
MSI B75MA-E33 mATX

those are now, what I should replaced, the rest of in my PC stays as is.
Video files are with max. quality.
BTW, Asking just in case: do I do correctly, when I keep my PD program and video files on one hard disk and Widows on the second one?
Andres
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Your computer will struggle with HD files.

Hello Carl, thank you very much for reply!
I went today to the store and they made me an offer: if I just want to improve my present PC. Please take a look and give me your opinion: is it ok or should I changed there something?

Windows 8 64bit
CPU Intel Core i5-3350P 3,1G/6M
Ram memory DDR3 4Gb 1333 C9 Corsair
MSI B75MA-E33 mATX

those are now, what I should replaced, the rest of in my PC stays as is.
Video files are with max. quality.
BTW, Asking just in case: do I do correctly, when I keep my PD program and video files on one hard disk and Widows on the second one?
Andres

Ram Memory is too little, for a 64 bit OS you should have 6 to 8 GB as the minimum RAM.

You not did if say if that computer comes with a SSD drive.
SSD drives are still a big question for Powerdirector use. Some users do OK some have problems.

If you have a large spinning drive, you put your Windows OS and Programs on one Partition (about 200 GB partition) and you can keep your videos that you edit on another partition.

I keep my Windows and Programs on one partition and all of my data on other partitions. That way I can do a disk image of the OS and Programs. If I need to restore, I just restore the OS and Programs. My Data backup is a separate method.

A 1 TB or larger Hard drive is recommended.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Andres.R
[Post New]
Thanks Carl! PowerDirector 17. Windows 10

Andres.R
[Post New]
Hi Carl, please give me one more advice:
I started from small and added more RAM memory (now I have it 8 totally) and PC runs much faster. Not like rabbit, but faster
But still I have rendering problem. I read this topic: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24773.page
and downloaded nvidia 301.42 version. I uninstalled the newer version I had (left Nvidia PhysX System Software 9.12.0604. was it right action from my side?) and tried to install 301.42, but still I got warning, that its version is not compatible!
My driver is NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT .
Widows 8 32 bit.
What me to do, to avoid rendering?
P.S. Just got information, that shadow files are not recommended, I had them. I turn them off now, lets see, does it helps me or not.. PowerDirector 17. Windows 10

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl, please give me one more advice:
I started from small and added more RAM memory (now I have it 8 totally) and PC runs much faster. Not like rabbit, but faster

But still I have rendering problem. I read this topic: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24773.page
and downloaded nvidia 301.42 version. I uninstalled the newer version I had (left Nvidia PhysX System Software 9.12.0604. was it right action from my side?) and tried to install 301.42, but still I got warning, that its version is not compatible!
My driver is NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT .
Widows 8 32 bit.
What me to do, to avoid rendering?
P.S. Just got information, that shadow files are not recommended, I had them. I turn them off now, lets see, does it helps me or not..

More RAM...can't go wrong! Amazing how much difference it makes. It makes a great deal of difference on a 64 Bit system.

I looked up your Video Card and OS system, the 301.42 is not available for Windows 8 32 bit, but you can try the 296.17 driver and see if it stops the Rendering problem. 301.42 is the right Nvidia driver for Windows 7 32 and 64 bit. Not available for Windows 8.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

I think all of the later versions have that problem in Powerdirector 9.

Of course, you can throw money at the problem and invest in a ATI/AMD video card instead. ATI/AMD does not have the same problem of rendering and rendering and rendering......

Andres.R
[Post New]
Hello Carl!
Seems that my problem is solved, with min. expenses!
What I did:
1. installed W8 64bit
2. Installed 296.17 driver
3. Added more RAM memory,was 2x2, now I have 4x2 Gb

Have edited here already hour and half and no PD crashes, no rendering, world is beautiful!
Thanks for help!
Andrse

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Carl!
Seems that my problem is solved, with min. expenses!
What I did:
1. installed W8 64bit
2. Installed 296.17 driver
3. Added more RAM memory,was 2x2, now I have 4x2 Gb

Have edited here already hour and half and no PD crashes, no rendering, world is beautiful!
Thanks for help!
Andrse

WOW!
That is really great to hear.