Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Continous rendering - how to turn it off?
GeorgeSaridakis123456789 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2011 08:23 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks,

I must have swallowed some stupid pills this morning but I cannot find where to turn off continuous rendering.

I am in the edit tab, and I get a small gray box under the viewer which says it is rendering - this bogs the system down so much that cannot successfully edit my clips.

I thought I could change this via a simple preference dialog selection, but have been unable to find out how to do so.

I am running 9.0.0.2930 VDE110516-02

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
George

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2012 09:08

George
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Folks,

I must have swallowed some stupid pills this morning but I cannot find where to turn off continuous rendering.

I am in the edit tab, and I get a small gray box under the viewer which says it is rendering - this bogs the system down so much that cannot successfully edit my clips.

I thought I could change this via a simple preference dialog selection, but have been unable to find out how to do so.

I am running 9.0.0.2930 VDE110516-02

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
George

Do you have an Nvidia Video Card?

It is caused by the later versions of the Nvidia video Drivers.

If you install the Nvidia 301.42 Version, you will fix the problem.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

GeorgeSaridakis123456789 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2011 08:23 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

Thank you so much. I recently updated my Nvidia card to 306.23, and rolling it back to 301.42 eliminated this issue.

I appreciate your timely response to my call for help.

George
George
Thanalas [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Athens, Greece Joined: Nov 20, 2011 02:13 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there...
I have the same problem and 301.42 seems to be non-compatible with my system!! I run Win7 64bit, i7 processor / 8GB, NVIDIA GT540M card, SSD 250GB, on my VAIO laptop.
I just found out that my version is 306.23. No instalation of any driver is possible (not even the existing one..!!). I guess this is an INVIDIA issue, not CyberLink..
I'll try to find a way to switch to 301.42 if possible..
Thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 01. 2012 03:32

Thanalas [Avatar]
[Post New]
unfortunately, my card can not be downgraded to an older driver version... I think I am stuck with a new card and driver that are a bad combination with PD9 !!! Should I go for PD10? Would it be any different?
Thanks
Thanos
Thanalas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Found my way around, installed 301.42 and everything is OK

Thanks a lot.

thanos
DuBDzO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2012 06:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm guessing this is also my issue with PD10, I never had a rendering issue until now, so if its the drivers update then grrreat. Anyone explain how to undue drivers update?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm guessing this is also my issue with PD10, I never had a rendering issue until now, so if its the drivers update then grrreat. Anyone explain how to undue drivers update?

First download a older driver if you don't have one already.

Uninstall the current driver.

Install the older driver.

Most driver install engines also have a uninstall function. You probably need to do Custom instead of Express install to get the uninstall option.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Thanalas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl's instructions are correct. I had to first download 301.42 driver (older driver that is good for PD9 and PD10), then UNINSTALL current driver and THEN install 301.42. If you don't uninstall first, you will get a message for incompatible driver.
Good luck
thanos
DuBDzO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2012 06:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey thanks for the information. I was able to just install the 301.42 driver and didn't need to uninstall the 306 driver, PD10 works great now. Now ill be standing by for when there's a PD that has multi cam function :•) untill then PD 10 is my best friend
sheltiephil
Newbie Location: Tasmania, Australia Joined: Sep 29, 2012 09:31 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I had been using PD8 Deluxe without any rendering or other serious problems, though I wasn't sure whether my nVidia graphics card was being used. Tonight, I downloaded the trial of PD11 Ultra. As soon as I dragged an avi file into the timeline, continuous rendering attempts began. Rendering would reach 54 percent according to the onscreen indication, then return to zero, reach 54% again, and repeat this, continuously - preventing me from doing anything with the program.

I had just had the Gigabyte nVidia Geforce GTX 650 graphics card installed with driver version 306.23. Remembering this forum here, I fully uninstalled the nVidia drivers (Using Advanced Uninstall Pro - a good, thorough program). When I attempted to install version 301.42 drivers per the recommendation in this forum, the installer performed an automatic System Check as part of the process. The following pop-up appeared: "NVidia installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." I had no choice but to reinstall the version 306.23 drivers.

So, the PD11 Ultra trial program is completely unusable, as I don't know how to activate my onboard Intel graphics, and in any case don't want to use them in lieu of the new graphics card that causes no problems with Adobe Premiere Elements. At the moment, when the 306.23 drivers are uninstalled, the display looks like very old fashioned Safe Mode graphics.

The other problem I found when dragging an avi file into the timeline was a pop-up indicating that the file with PAL 25fps attributes was incompatible with my PD11 setting "PAL 25fps". (Can't see any difference myself!) Not only that, the sound which could be heard in preview from the PD11 library was muted in the timeline despite the tick showing that it was enabled. I can't make any sense of the first false alert or of the contra-indication I have described. Please remember that I had none of these problems in PD8 Deluxe, and have none of them in Premiere Elements 10, which is not adversely affected by the GTX 650 card or its 306.23 drivers.

I would really love to buy PD11 Ultra if it were usable. The interface is beautiful. The editing features look wonderful, it has Blu Ray, AVCHD, H.264 support and much more! I would love to use the hardware acceleration. But unless Cyberlink or people in this forum can help me overcome these fundamental problems (and I am a reasonably experienced editor) I have no choice but to uninstall the PD11 trial and reinstall PD8 Deluxe.

My computer specs are Intel Core i7 3770k pcu, 16Gb 1600 mHz RAM, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 1 Tb 7200rpm SATA 3 Seagate data drive, Gigabyte H77 D3H MVP motherboard, nVidia Geforce GTX 650 graphcs, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.

Carl312
[Post New]
Link to more information by the moderator.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25009.page

Zaite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2010 10:03 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Rolling the drivers back to 301.42 is not a viable option for me, I need 306.23 to fix performance issues in other applications and games. I really hope we can see a fix soon from whichever party

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2012 18:24

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Rolling the drivers back to 301.42 is not a viable option for me, I need 306.23 to fix performance issues in other applications and games. I really hope we can see a fix soon from whichever party

I have read that if your turn off OpenCL the Rendering will stop.

Thanalas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Obviously both new drivers and OpenCL, are ment to improve card functions. Could we take it up to "CyberLink People" and have a "patch" that could make this drawback dissapear?
Thanos
Thanalas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I had been using PD8 Deluxe without any rendering or other serious problems, though I wasn't sure whether my nVidia graphics card was being used. Tonight, I downloaded the trial of PD11 Ultra. As soon as I dragged an avi file into the timeline, continuous rendering attempts began. Rendering would reach 54 percent according to the onscreen indication, then return to zero, reach 54% again, and repeat this, continuously - preventing me from doing anything with the program.

I had just had the Gigabyte nVidia Geforce GTX 650 graphics card installed with driver version 306.23. Remembering this forum here, I fully uninstalled the nVidia drivers (Using Advanced Uninstall Pro - a good, thorough program). When I attempted to install version 301.42 drivers per the recommendation in this forum, the installer performed an automatic System Check as part of the process. The following pop-up appeared: "NVidia installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." I had no choice but to reinstall the version 306.23 drivers.

So, the PD11 Ultra trial program is completely unusable, as I don't know how to activate my onboard Intel graphics, and in any case don't want to use them in lieu of the new graphics card that causes no problems with Adobe Premiere Elements. At the moment, when the 306.23 drivers are uninstalled, the display looks like very old fashioned Safe Mode graphics.

The other problem I found when dragging an avi file into the timeline was a pop-up indicating that the file with PAL 25fps attributes was incompatible with my PD11 setting "PAL 25fps". (Can't see any difference myself!) Not only that, the sound which could be heard in preview from the PD11 library was muted in the timeline despite the tick showing that it was enabled. I can't make any sense of the first false alert or of the contra-indication I have described. Please remember that I had none of these problems in PD8 Deluxe, and have none of them in Premiere Elements 10, which is not adversely affected by the GTX 650 card or its 306.23 drivers.

I would really love to buy PD11 Ultra if it were usable. The interface is beautiful. The editing features look wonderful, it has Blu Ray, AVCHD, H.264 support and much more! I would love to use the hardware acceleration. But unless Cyberlink or people in this forum can help me overcome these fundamental problems (and I am a reasonably experienced editor) I have no choice but to uninstall the PD11 trial and reinstall PD8 Deluxe.

My computer specs are Intel Core i7 3770k pcu, 16Gb 1600 mHz RAM, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 1 Tb 7200rpm SATA 3 Seagate data drive, Gigabyte H77 D3H MVP motherboard, nVidia Geforce GTX 650 graphcs, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.

In my quest for the older driver 301.42, I found more than a few 301.42 drivers!!! Only one was good for my laptop (it was stated for specyfic models, GPUs, CPUs). That one I installed before uninstalling 306.23. After 301.42 was installed, I removed 306.23 and restarted my machine. It seems a bit tricky, but this worked for me.
Thanos
Zaite [Avatar]
[Post New]
I agree with Thanalas, can we please have a patch from Cyberlink to fix this problem. It's almost been a month now and no solution other than downgrading the drivers (not a solution imo).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2012 04:39

herp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2012 21:38 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Did anyone of you try: 306.97 ? The one that came out today.

Is the problem not related to Cuda?

"NVIDIA CUDA
Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 Preview or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit." System Specs: Gigabyte GTX 680 2GB w/ Twin Turbo II | 8GB GSkill RAM 1600MHz | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H B3 | Corsair TX650W | Define R3 | 1x 1TB WD Blue | 1x 1TB WD Green | 1x 2TB WD Green | 1x 500GB WD Blue | 1x 250GB Samsung | 1x 60GB Corsair Force 3 | 1x BENQ G2220HD | 1x BENQ G2400W | 1x LG IPS277L
Zaite [Avatar]
[Post New]
306.97 fixes some other problems I was having but not PowerDirector.
sheltiephil
Newbie Location: Tasmania, Australia Joined: Sep 29, 2012 09:31 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi George, Carl and everyone else,

I have received a heartening reply regarding the rendering problem from Dafydd in the PowerDirector 11 forum: "Patch from CyberLink, certainly being worked on and will be released asap. - Forum Moderator"