Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD12 playing no Blu rays; Error -1 (and 102)
JimKSRT8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2008 14:15 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I've seen issues here with playback and different error numbers, but I'm getting error - 1. Each Blu ray I try to play will load for a moment, then once its first video clip plays the image stutters to a halt, then posts this message: "CyberLink PowerDVD could not launch because some of the components appear to be corrupted. Try uninstalling and then re-installing CyberLink PowerDVD, or check your anti-virus software for malicious activities. If the program still doesn’t launch, please contact customer support for assistance – error code: 1."

Dealing with this and PowerDVD 11 no longer working on my other computers has me beyond frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions (short of going with another app--I'm hanging on to the hope that I will get what I paid for with this pgm).

Update: The error gives code 1 in cinema mode, error 102 in classic mode.

Thx for any help!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 14:20

Danilowitsch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 01:10 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have Java installed on your computer? PowerDVD needs Java to Play Blu Ray Movies.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Do you have Java installed on your computer? PowerDVD needs Java to Play Blu Ray Movies.

Where did you read that?

Jim, Did you see this post; is this what you are seeing? http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27199.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 16:53

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JimKSRT8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2008 14:15 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Do you have Java installed on your computer? PowerDVD needs Java to Play Blu Ray Movies.

Where did you read that?

Jim, Did you see this post; is this what you are seeing? http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27199.page

Hey stevek,
Thx for the link. That was the error, but after a re-download/reinstall and update to 2428 I'm getting a "catastrophic error" before PDVD12 even tries to play the disc. I'm going to uninstall, run CCleaner and try again when I have a bit more patience for this. A media player should never be this frustrating