Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Out of the blue - can no longer play Bluerays - asks me for region code.
metrop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2013 15:12 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting the following error box:

Cyberlink powerDVD cannot access the storage device. Select another device when Plyaback stops.

Next I am prompted with the region code dialog. Stating that I am playing for the first time a blueray and need to select a region. However, the remaining changes are to 0. I never changed the code..

What is going on?
weakset [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2013 11:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
A known bug. Contact tech support as informed in this pinned topic in this forum. Don't bother reading too seriously the replies, the support will provide correct help just in few working days if you are patient.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27357.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2013 16:01

zachd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2013 03:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Why a "few working days"? What's the need to be all Secret Squirrel about this? Clearly somebody muffed up really badly (breaking core functionality) - that doesn't seem confusing in any way. Either a fix is available or it isn't. Requiring multiday turnaround on supplying a probable hotfix is just unfathomable.