Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transition is working in reverse
[Post New]
I put a fade out followed by a fade in, however it's forcing it fade-out followed by another fade-out.

How do you tell it which way to fade?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bastian -

Does your timeline (at the fades) look like this?

Here - that is behaving as expected - the first clips fades to black & the next fades in from black.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Fades.png]
 Filename
Fades.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
501 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2013 19:06

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
More like this
[Thumb - FadeIn.JPG]
 Filename
FadeIn.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
144 time(s)
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
From the image you posted there is a huge gap between clips....try narrowing the gap... or eliminating it...gaps produuce black screens..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
Not when there is video on an above track
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Bastian74,

I’ve had a similar (perhaps not exact) thing happen in timeline scenarios that were like what you show in your screen shot.
At first applied transitions behave as expected, but then after further editing, these transitions now seemed to work in reverse all of a sudden.
It doesn’t seem to just be a matter of whether I’m using a Cross or Overlap type of transition, because at one time the applied transition(s) were working as desired.

So, I simply remove the transitions that are now working in reverse, save as to .pds, close my PD, re-open, re-apply the transitions and all is well again.
I don’t know why or what triggers this to happen now and then, as it seems to happen inconsistently.

Just sharing what has worked for me, when transitions all of a sudden decide to reverse themselves.
It’s bit of a hassle, but I’m a PD editor, so we do whatever works I guess.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 07. 2013 21:04

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Ah - now I understand...

Yes - an annoying problem.

One way to avoid it (even though it shouldn't happen) is to set the fade outs & fade ins in PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Fades2.png]
 Filename
Fades2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
465 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2013 20:50

[Post New]
[ynotfish] your suggestion is right, however I think as other uses also other transitions, besides the Fad in / out.
What I think is best to save the project ready, open and go straight to Producer, always works here, PD10, PD11 in not seen happen yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2013 21:21

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
[Post New]
Yes -

I understand it only applies to a simple fade transition & doesn't apply to the other 160. Sorry - I was just talking about this particular case.

Cheers - Tony