Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ok hoping it's an easy fix-need PD TO BE MUCH LARGER
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Roma -

Do you have the timeline expanded to maximum? That would help with inserting media.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Max_TL.png]
 Filename
Max_TL.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
319 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2013 05:02

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
roma1919 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: canada Joined: Feb 14, 2013 04:48 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
yes time line maximized.. but still i prefer to see what i am doing.. sorry tony.. even though i have used many many editing suites (have 20 yrs in the industry) i am stummied why PD does not have a way to enlarge the whole menu systems and all items in dialogues boxes..

i do thank you for your advice..

was hoping for an easy fix, but i see ther is none.. my support ticket has been sent to cyberlink, so am hoping they figure out a patch and we can all benefit from it.. i'm praying and hoping!

roma..happy happy happy
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i hit the maximize and my display is already set to 1920 x 1080 and nothing is helping

still tiny

I don't understand this response! when you hit 'maximise' top right of the program interface, does the program itself expand to fill the entire real estate of your TV/monitor? if yes are you saying that although now expanded all the program remains the size as though it was reduced in size?

I find it difficult to comprehend why if this is an issue it has not been raised before, I wear glasses and have no problems seeing, do you wear glasses? can you read books/newspapers okay even watch normal TV? this all seems a bit strange to me. Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
perhaps tony uou are not understanding my dilemma

so i will post in bullet form

i open power director - which is maximized
1- all items appear on the screen=across the full screen- that is NOT THE PROBLEM
2- my monitor is set to 1920x1080 screen display
3- i have increased all text size to an incredible 200% for siplay
4- all other programs that open.. open to very large text..
5-back to power director- none of the menu items get larger.. the screen is from left to right and fits all elements of PD
6- if i hit ctrl +, the screen does not get bigger, if i hit ctrl - the screen does not get smaller
7- if i hit the ctrl keys on other programs the screen gets larger or smaller depending if i hit the + or - key
8-i am lamenting that the menu items and all dialogue boxes do not get bigger even with the fisplay set to a large screen and display set to 200% text size
9-PD does not respond to ctrl + to make the screen larger so that the menu items get bigger.

i am not understanding that you not understand this. even when i maximize the screen, and hit the ctrl+ key, the screen refuses to respond to getting the PD screen larger.
so the whole screen stays at tiny- menu items etc.. there is not change to the screen even with increase od display text size and massive screen i am using..

i do understand english quite well and have used many editing programs. this particular program refuses to respond to the ctrl+ keys.

i am hoping i made it clear what my problem is. basically i want PD to respond to the ctrl+ key.. and it does not..
again the issue is not that is fits the screen- it does...the issue is no matter what i do in control panel nor what i do in enlarging text size or menu items in control panel..nothing affects PD... roma..happy happy happy
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot find a way to get the actual File/Edit/View etc fonts to enlarge. I suspect it could be done by editing the .xml files wherever they may be.

However, does this attached rough and ready video help in any way?? or have I not understood correctly?

Cheers
Adrian

Filename
ScreenCapture_23-02-2013 11.29.10.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3896 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
289 time(s)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent Adrian! Adrian (also) “has got it!”
But how did you do it?

Quote: 9-PD does not respond to ctrl + to make the screen larger so that the menu items get bigger.

You are correct roma1919.

What you are in fact referencing seems to be the “Windows” function/ability to zoom in on a screen via Ctrl +. That function works right here as I view this forum.
But with regard to PD11, using terms like “make the screen larger”, is perhaps not a good or very accurate characterization of what the Ctrl + Windows function does in zooming in. So I guess the confusion expressed is understandable.

The earlier endorsed maximize/minimize proffer is, as Tony correctly stated, irrelevant to the display (size) of PD11’s menu items. PD11’s visuals (icons, menus, etc) are fixed.
The PD11 screen can be downsized to some extent via the [ ] button (until some parts become off screen). But one can not zoom in on various areas of the PD11 screen for better visibility.
Perhaps Adrian’s excellent workaround will help.

However, a request to CL for an active Ctrl + type of function, is indeed a good idea. Adding such functionality to PD, for visually impaired users, would not only be useful, but be a good PR / Marketing enhancement on CL’s part.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 23. 2013 09:44

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
i downloaded the video from adrian.. and the video is aimed at the timeline? i am not understanding it?.. not sure what the video is aiming at the video timeline?

my timeline is maximized.. so if someone can give me step by step that would be helpful.. this has been challenging for me and appreciate that someone else understands that ctrl+ has no outcome in this editing program

roma1919

roma..happy happy happy
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
OK, There is no (easy??) way to change the default menu/layout size buttons and text.

PD does not seem to use the "standard" windows modes but in some areas, like sub-menus and cursor size, some of the standard windows effects are used.

So, using Control Panel>Appearance and Personalisation>Display>Set custom text size will have an effect within some parts of PD.

However, it also has effects throughout the windows UI which might be a bit of a pain. The quickie video just demonstrated that sub-menus, some pop-ups and the cursor size are increased when the text size is altered, in the example to 200%, but I had a few issues getting the system back to "normal" - for example the font sizes when re-set went down to tiny (unreadable) and a couple of windows (MS encoder screen capture) were off the screen area and had to be "fished for".

It's not the best answer but it may help?

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
vn800rider
[Post New]
Certain elements of PD can be redesigned with custom graphics using an image editor, once you have found out where the images are held -most of them are here

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector11\skin\1024x768\
in their different folders ie WorkSpace for the scubber graphics.

It just needs a bit (or a lot) of fiddling about to get the dimensions etc to work if you need them larger.

Here's a small example attached.

Cheers
Adrian
[Thumb - scrubber design.PNG]
 Filename
scrubber design.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
105 time(s)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi roma1919,
Have you considered changing (lowering the frame resolution for your screen) the resolution when you use PDR on your 47" screen, via your graphic card control panel? That would result in theory with larger icons when expanded to full screen on the 47".
Dafydd