Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Modifying causing crashes
Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone else experienced repeated crashes when using the modify function in PinP? Haven't used it much on the main strory line, but it does get frustrating when you (for example) are using a mask over 4:3 video to create an on screen 16:9 output, and you have to tweek the overlayed bands. Is it possible that some other software - perhaps running in the background - on the system is causing a conflict? Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Julian,

I'd like to try and locate this delightful little issue you've experienced. I know you've given a "brief" of what you did but can I get you to write it out slightly differently giving a few extra bells and whistles please.

PART D
Training to explain a problem in PD
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page

I know this is an "old chestnut" have you updated to the latest build version re patch 2319 for PD6 - I need you to do that as I'll be using the latest one.

Dafydd
Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
javascript:emoticon('');

Hi Dafydd,

Since posting I may have licked the problem. I uninstalled PD6, and through "regedit" made sure that all references to Power Director were removed from the registry (both "current user AND "local machine" - this may also have picked up any residual bits of PD5 & 4). I then re-installed PD6 from a clean re-boot and then after another re-boot I installed the patch to bring the build up to 2319. Since then I have been modifying like a "good-un" so it looks like basics have won the day once more.

Glad to see you're still solving probs for us relative novices.

Cheers

J

Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!