Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline Rendering Problem (DONE/SOLVED/KILLED-OFF/OVER-WITH)
[Post New]
I can't even watch the preview. It keeps rendering every second. Anywhere there is a green line above the timeline it plays fine. But every time I change the preview quality it has to render again. This is only a 15 min video. What I want to know is if there is a way to render the whole thing without having to slowly watch the preview, or if this is just a problem. This never happened before the other day so I think it was the last update that messed everything up.

My comp is an ASUS G74sx-3DE
Intel Core i7 2630QM Processor
Windows 7 64 bit
12 gigs RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

Here is a link to everything about it.
http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G74SX/#specifications
[Thumb - Dwm 2012-07-05 14-02-28-49.jpg]
 Filename
Dwm 2012-07-05 14-02-28-49.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
178 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
657 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2012 01:11

--------------------------Signature----------------------
My Youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MicronTV?feature=mhee
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Toastman,

See my post where different graphics drivers appeared to solve my problem of rendering. Specifically I loaded Nvidia driver 296.10.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23864.page

Good luck please report back if it solves your problem. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
I tried many different drivers but none changed anything. It does the same thing. --------------------------Signature----------------------
My Youtube channel!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
That's a bummer Toastman. Just one thing that I was told by a computer geek friend of mine was when changing drivers or for that matter making any system changes was to make sure you do a cold boot after you make the change...that is shutting the computer down not just doing a re-start. This ensures that any left over instructions are not floating around to screw things up.

I know the Nvidia drivers allow you to install new drivers over the top of old ones. You might also want to try uninstalling the old drivers, cold boot, then install the new new Nvidia drivers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2012 21:15

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Toastman and Robert,

Just two cents worth here, of no help at all.

I contacted CL Tech Support with this issue well over a year ago, and that led to 15 email exchanges between CL and myself. Bottom line, it was fruitless to continue with the exchanges, after the third time (in a row), that I was asked to send them the same screen shot that I had already sent twice. CL Support didn’t appear (at the time), to be familiar with what the Render Preview option was, or how it was supposed to work.

It was also speculated that it was only an issue with rigs running XP. But that seems to have not been that case.

I am not aware of any fix yet. My issue comes and goes randomly with no rhyme or reason as to why the Render Preview “Option” (as in… The user has a choice of whether to employ it or not), automatically starts all by itself.
But I do have to say that I have not experienced this Render Preview auto-start issue quite as often in PD10, as I did in PD9. But it has happened over two different video cards and various updated and rolled back drivers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2012 21:23

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
you probably already know this but make sure you download the drivers from nvidia and not from the factory of the laptop website.

Also did this happen all the time since you got PD?

Do you remember what driver version you had before that did not cause the preview render to pop up?
[Post New]
Ok I figured it out. NVIDIA beta drives cause this problem. I am using a notebook and their current non beta driver 301.42 seems to work fine. 304.79 BETA and the versions before that caused this problem for me. --------------------------Signature----------------------
My Youtube channel!
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Cranston, were they Nvidia video cards? If they were it might at least narrow it down a bit. Although I must say I only run Nvidia cards and have never until yesterday, ran up against the render problem, through PD 6,7,8,9,or 10.

Computers.....reminds me of an old cartoon showing a person standing over his computer holding an Uzzi machine gun with an angry look on his face saying "What do you mean user error"

Some days it feels just like that. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Sweet!
That's like 5 people or so that states it's a drivers issue.

So anyone else try using either older drivers or use the ones that worked before,this should goes same for AMD users.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Cranston, were they Nvidia video cards?

Both AMD. 3450 to 6750, with various drivers.

But it appears that it is a driver related issue, based on these recent posts. Though I still feel that an "option" in PD shouldn't auto-engage itself if one doesn't want it to. Some may prefer to just lower their preview resolution, than wait for the previews to continually regenerate themselves.
But I'll leave all this to the more tech inclined, as I make my way back to the shallow end of the pool.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2012 21:59

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
lduguay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2012 13:14 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok I figured it out. NVIDIA beta drives cause this problem. I am using a notebook and their current non beta driver 301.42 seems to work fine. 304.79 BETA and the versions before that caused this problem for me.
\
I've spent 2 weeks on this issue... Installed 301.42 (instead of 304.79). Boom! Works like before.
thx
[Post New]
BETA IS BETA for a reason folks. Please, others who may visit this post, resist the urge to install BETA drivers, or be aware that they are NOT tested...you are the tester!!!

Also, for Nvidia users (what I know)..ROLLBACKS do not work (per Nvidia). You must remove and CLEAN INSTALL. This appears to change from version to version (see the RELEASE NOTES from Nvidia), but it is re-occuring. Fragments remain and effect performance and operation. They require clean-install for clean rollbacks (meaning a full removal and install new)...ESPECIALLY BETA Driver releases!!.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 16. 2012 21:25

kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok I figured it out. NVIDIA beta drives cause this problem. I am using a notebook and their current non beta driver 301.42 seems to work fine. 304.79 BETA and the versions before that caused this problem for me.

I can confirm this issue also, I have tried all the same drivers on my GTX 680 and the only one that did not show this problem was 301.42. All the BETAS have this problem. And they showed up another problem. If you do a short test in Produce mode and then stop that test, it takes quite awhile before you can proceed with anything else. The process is in some sort of wait state. This does not happen with the 301.42 drivers. There could be other issues that I have not tried. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready