Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
new component minimums
LeeM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2010 15:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i will be purchasing a new desktop PC. my tech adviser has suggested the windows 7 home edition will have sufficient video capabilities to run PD well. i have also heard and read periodically that the best way to improve quality is to get the best video card available. and, of course, i assume memory power has a great deal of influence.

so, what would be the minimum standards you guys would have in a new machine, considering that price is a factor?

thanks.

LM
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
i have also heard and read periodically that the best way to improve quality is to get the best video card available. and, of course, i assume memory power has a great deal of influence.

Looks like you already have it figured out.

I have Win7 home premium. Never did see any reason to get the pro edition... You will get as many opinions on what you need as there are grains of sand on a very long beach.... only you can decide what is best for you and what you can afford.

All I will say is look at the minimums for PD10 ultra and then get more.... a lot more.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps this thread may help you in taking a decision
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22979.page PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080