Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to export 3d video to be played on fuji real 3d w3
Luigi 1971 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2012 18:30 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I'd Like to know how to export a 3d video to be saved on sd for plaiyng in a fuji real 3d w3.

Thanks Intel core i7 4770k nvidia GEforce gtx 760 win 7 64bit 16GB ram
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Reading the specifications it says 3D-AVI (Stereo AVI format with 2 image channels). AVI could be just about anything, and 2 image channels sounds to me like two separate clips. If that's true, then PD can't do it natively (probably not at all).

Can you attach a short sample clip to a post so we can look at it? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Luigi 1971 [Avatar]
[Post New]
here a little sample zipped !
 Filename
sample fuji real 3d video.zip
[Disk]
 Description
sample 3d video fuji real 3d w3
 Filesize
36419 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2630 time(s)
Intel core i7 4770k nvidia GEforce gtx 760 win 7 64bit 16GB ram
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, it's downloading now. I'll look at it and see what I can find. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Luigi 1971 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanx.
i kope i can do it in some way

thanx again Intel core i7 4770k nvidia GEforce gtx 760 win 7 64bit 16GB ram
James Dotson
[Post New]
I finally got a minute to look at the clip. Unfortunately, on my computer it is not showing as 3D at all. Maybe my computer is only reading one channel for some reason. My stereo software is not the best. Looks like motionJPG in 720 at 24 fps and PCM audio. I am not really sure PowerDirector can export anything like that. Maybe the camera can read other formats, but you would just have to play around with it to see. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Did you read the owner's manual? It may not be possible. I have that camera and will look at that. I wanted to do the same thing with my Nikon L110, but it's not an allowed function of the camera.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2012 06:40

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
I have the same question as Luigi. I just started the 30 day trial and I really like this program, and hope to buy it if I can get this issue addressed. I have the FujiFilm Real 3D camera.

I import the .avi movie files AND the .mpo picture files into the timeline, and edit the video just fine.

The problem is OUTPUT. It only seems to offer 2 options- side-by-side video and anaglyph. Nothing in the AVI format (which it imported!) that can be viewed in my camera OR on my Sony 3D Playstation monitor. Yes, the anaglyph 3D works okay on my monitor, but it is yucky compared to my active 3D.

If the PowerDirector software doesn't do this (yet), is there a program that takes my side-by-side 3D video and can combine them into an AVI file that my FujiFilm 3D camera can play or that my monitor can view in Active 3D?

Has anyone found a solution/answer to this issue?

Thanks!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Well I downloaded your clip and ran it through PD10 Ultra. the preview worked in 3D but as anaglyph.
When I went to the produce module there were only 4 choices wmv, Mpeg-4, h.264 svc and mov for producing, I choose the wmV format and previewed on my system monitor (which only supports Anaglyph viewing).
I could try another format and test on PS3 with a 3d monitor, but that wouldn't help you as you want to view from camera.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
Hi Jim

Thinking about it, although I'd like to be able to view the edited vids in the camera, it's not essential. More important would be viewing the files in active 3D (i.e. on my PS3/monitor). If you find a way to do this successfully using PowerDirector, I'd love to hear your solution.

Thanks!

Brett
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I will give it a go shortly...I have my grandchildren coming over in a matter of minutes to look after so won't have the time but when they leave I will get on it...I have successfully created 3D like projects and uploaded to you tube in experimenting with PD10.
when I do yours I will post my production...stay tuned...
Jim
p.s. Just a side note I have not got 3D camera I just experiment with own designs...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2012 13:23

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

James1
[Post New]
Hi,
Well I took the file into PD10 Ultra and went to produce module and selected 3D option...produced h264 file PS3 wouldn't display in 3D..and had to fiddle with it to recognize mts file..so went back and produced mpeg-4 file format 3D side by side and again PS3 would display as side by side 3D but quality was useless...
Now I will dig out a Blu ray RE disk and create a 3D movie see if that makes a difference.
Jim
p.s But that option may not to your liking... Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

[Post New]
Everything we create will be in side-by-side, that's the concern. What 3D player/viewer even plays side-by-side files to get the 3D effect? I have Blu-Ray but I don't see how the file would be different from DVD. Just better quality, but still side-by-side. I may have to learn to appreciate anaglyph 3D....
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
Well I have done a couple of experiments with you files.
the ps3 3D when exported as mts file quality wasn't that great. and I had to fiddle around with the Ps3 3d settings a lot to read from Flash drive.
Burnt to a folder for Blu ray DVD. ..again Ps3 didn't respond very good..I played the BD Blu ray on my LG passive TV and everything was excellent...but you couldn't (well I couldn't ( and was instructed) that 3D menu wasn't supported) but burned anyway.
That is my experience.
Jim
p.s. although your video was side by side I had the options on viewing formats with my systems (TV/monitor) but my monitor only has anaglyph it is not a bonified 3D monitor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2012 17:35

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Have we lost the purpose of this thread? Can anyone produce a 3D file that will play in the Fuji? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
I don't think anyone has a solution (yet) for playing on the Fuji. I notice that the Fuji allows me to output in either 3D (auto) or side-by-side 3D, but I don't believe it will input (and play) a side-by-side 3D image. I had some questions relating to the Fuji and the PowerDirector, so I re-started the thread.

I did find a solution to MY problem of not being able to view side-by-side 3D on my 3D (playstation) monitor- so this is for James1. I feel kind of silly: my playstation 3D monitor has extra settings for its 3D. I have always used "auto," but on a hunch, I checked: there's a setting for side-by-side 3D! In fact, I think all active 3D TVs will have this! So now my edited videos will work on my 3D monitor!

If I ever figure out a viable solution to the Fuji Real 3D issue, I'll come back and post it.

Thanks, James1--> your grandkiddies are lucky to have such a cool grandpa
James1
[Post New]
Well at least one problem solved...you just have to get a portable 3D player for the productions...and forget about showing them of on you fuji camera..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

JClement [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2012 19:18 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible on another video editor, but apparently not on PowerDirector. If you have a 3D monitor Bino is the current best choice for viewing 3D, but it won't do 3D disks. Most portable 3D players are pretty wretched and the Fuji camera is one of the best players. The new Fuji portable player may be better but it is very pricey and you would do better with the LG 3D monitor.
JClement [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2012 19:18 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
There is a way to make AVI files that play on the W3. Get Stereo Movie Maker at:
http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stvmkr/
You may also have to buy a Codec. Morgan has an inexpensive 32bit MJPEG codec that works well.
Output your 3D as side by side or any format you can. Then load it into Stereo Movie Maker and have it create an AVI. Voila you now have a Fuji compatible 3D AVI.

Neither PowerDirector nor Magix Movie Edit Pro have the the facility to make such AVIs. And to make things worse PowerDirector 11 has removed the capability of making a dual stream MP4 file!!! PD 10 had this capability.

Good Luck.
James Dotson
[Post New]
And to make things worse PowerDirector 11 has removed the capability of making a dual stream MP4 file!!! PD 10 had this capability.

When I open both PD 10 and PD 11 and look at produce options under 3D, I see the exact same options for mp4. Can you attach screen shots of what you are referring to? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM