Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to export 3d video to be played on fuji real 3d w3
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
And to make things worse PowerDirector 11 has removed the capability of making a dual stream MP4 file!!! PD 10 had this capability.

When I open both PD 10 and PD 11 and look at produce options under 3D, I see the exact same options for mp4. Can you attach screen shots of what you are referring to? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JClement [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2012 19:18 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a screen shot of the menu. It shows Multi-view encoding. For some reason this is missing from my trial copy of PD 11. Notice that there is no AVI option which means it is not possible to write a multi-view (dual stream) avi compatible with the Fuji devices. This was taken with PD ultra 10 64bit. But the PD ultra 10 32bit is missing this option. Another difference is that the 32bit PD 10 decodes the dual stream AVI format just fine while neither 10 nor 11 64bit decode it. Meanwhile Stereo Movie Maker (a limited free product) decodes and writes dual stream AVIs just fine as long as a suitable codec is installed.

The problem here is that there might be a suitable codec for PD 11, but they are keeping it a secret. Meanwhile if I try to import the multi-view AVI that I wrote in PD 10 back into PD 11, it goes into never never land and freezes until externally killed. A different trial video editor does accept the h.264 multi-view file, but asks me to buy the necessary codec for $5. That at least is an improvement but very annoying. $5 is cheaper than most independent codec sellers charge.

The advantage of the multi-view format is that it plays back as a normal video file on non-3D programs while at the same time it can be smaller. The significant overlap between the two pictures should allow a fair degree of compression in the H.264 format. But the multi-view MJPEG AVI will not have any compression advantage because each frame is encoded and compressed independently as individual JPEG images. It should be possible to put the H.264 format onto web sites and users will only see the 2D image unless they have the software and capability of decoding 3D. I suspect that the format has a standard as to which frame comes first which will also get rid of the problem of reversed frame decoding.

I have tried putting in various 64bit trial codecs and the free FFDSHOW codecs with absolutely no success in coercing PD 10 to properly decode the dual-frame AVIs. Meanwhile VLC and Windows Media Player decode dual-frame AVIs but show the R & L images in separate windows. Bino apparently has used the FFDSHOW codecs internally and does not seem to need an external codec. Fuji supplies software to handle their AVIs, but provided no capable players. You can losslessly split Fuji 3D videos into two separate files, but they do not include the reverse capability.
[Thumb - PowerDirector1.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDirector1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
201 time(s)
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The trail programs don't have all the necessary codecs available, and likewise neither do all the versions of PD 11...some formats are limited to certain versions i.e pd!! Ultimate. PD11 Deluxe... have different specs.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
JClement [Avatar]
[Post New]
Because the trial programs differ from the real thing, you can't depend on them to accurately reflect what you want to do. But if something is missing that I need, I will then not buy the final product. The PD 11 is advertised as being the Ultra version!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, thanks for the screen shot. I was looking under mp4. In avc I do have that option in the full release. If you have the trial version, I think it doesn't do many of the produce options, specifically HD. Remember, if you buy the download from CyberLink, it also has a 30 day guarantee, so you can test all options more completely. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JClement [Avatar]
[Post New]
I assume that the full version still does not allow one to create a 3D AVI which means you can not directly create and AVI playable on either the Fuji camera or the Fuji player both of which are W3 model numbers. So getting the Stereo Movie player from
http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stvmkr/index.html
is the only available option. But it needs a paid codec. Muttayan who has put out these products has done for free things that no other vendors have done. His 3D slide editor has a good automatic alignment feature along with easy to use manual alignment and 3D cropping... It also has a feature to help in manual noise removal that I have not gotten to work.

So anyone wanting the Fuji format AVI output will have to output side by side 3D from a commercial editor and then use Stereo Movie Maker to create the AVI.

But... does anyone have a working 64bit Ultra PD either 10 or 11 which recognized the Fuji 3D AVI which included as an attachment. My copies only recognize it as 2D and not as 3D.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have the PD11 Ultimate 64Bit and I can import your 3D clip, but it comes up as Anaglyph, (but I don't have a true 3D monitor), but if I 'produce' I get the option of side by side but not as AVI just WMV, H.264, Avchd . So it looks as if you will have to use 3d party software to accomplish what you want.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

JClement [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well as to the display format you can switch it to be appropriate to the type of monitor you have.

I would assume that the clip is labeled 3D when you import it. So my question is why won't my Win 7 system with PD 10 Ultra 64bit recognize the Fuji Format AVI? The 32bit PD does work on an older XP system. Of course you can't easily tell which version is installed unless you look at it closely. If you click on the Word PoweDirector in the upper RH corner it tells you the version, revision, and whether it is 64bit.

I wonder which codec I am missing to be able to display the file in the 64bit version.
James Dotson
[Post New]
I do not have a 64-bit system to test it, but I have had many side-by-side clips that were not automatically imported as 3D. In the library, it should have a tiny 3D in the corner of the clip thumbnail. If not, right-click on the clip and choose 'set 3D format' (or something similar). __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JClement [Avatar]
[Post New]
The dual-stream AVI automatically comes up as 3D as does the dual-stream H.264 clip. There is no way to select dual-stream if PD doesn't recognize it as such. Essentially the second image is ignored and you only have one half of the movie stream.
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
Well I downloaded the Fuji' clip direct from camera, ran it through PD 10 Ulra and PD 11 Ultimate and produced a 'Side by Side' 3D file in 3D AVCHD M2TS file but haven't got a Fuji Camera to test. I was thinking if some one has the Camera I will post the file I created he/she can transfer to SD card and see if the camera recognizes the format and displays it. I tried attaching here but forum just sits there workin...

JClement [Avatar]
[Post New]
No way can it handle AVCHD. It MUST have an MJPEG AVI format, and I am sure it will not handle any other movie format. It can handle either 2D or dual-stream 3D. Since PD can not output 3D in AVI format, and I am pretty sure it can not output in MJPEG (MJPG) it is totally disqualified. Fuji's digital picture frame has the same specs and limitations as the camera. See:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/viewer/finepix_real3dv3/specifications/

MPO is essentially a JPG with 2 pictures stored one after the other separated by nulls. Fuji uses only the JPG compression on individual frames for all of the 3D formats. It was a cheap way to program it! I have a mod to Win 7 that allows it to thumbnail MPO images, and JPS (side by side JPG images).
Luigi 1971 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2012 18:30 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
for JClement !!!

Thanks a lot, I have tried with stereo video maker and it works great !

Thanks Again Intel core i7 4770k nvidia GEforce gtx 760 win 7 64bit 16GB ram
Shaban_Interactive [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2020 07:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Okay guys, here are the all necessary steps for playing movies or viewing any 3D MPO pictures on W1/W2 devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em8di0zYEf8

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2020 07:13