Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
error message a000005
Peggy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2007 17:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know how to fix this error. I have a beautiful video but when I burn a DVD i get this message that its unsuccessful. I have burned before with no problems. Its a Xmas present so I am desperate. The voice support line is busy. Thank You
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi peggy,

OK, please read:
Page 3: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30/1823.page
Page 2: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/1823.page
Page 1: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1823.page

Please note I've "cut to the chase" and got you to look at page 3 first.

Basically it appears to be a "chapters" issue... but the problem does have a variety of possible causes.

CyberLink are still trying to locate the bug, with the help of Shaan.

Dafydd
Peggy [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks Dafydd, I did find some of this after I posted my error. Cyberlink has had me to all sorts of things (uninstall, reinstall) but none has worked yet. Is there a way I can produce it to an AVI and burn it with Roxio? I am desperate to get this done. I have paid for technical support but that too got me no where.

So are you saying there is a bug in the program that is causing this? Cyberlink does not have a fix? I can't keep wasting my time if there is no solution. I am not using chapters in my production only pictures. jpg, moving .mov some music, 7 titles and a short clip of voice.

I do appreciate any help
Peggy
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peggy,

You have your project in the time-line
Select Produce
Select Create a file > Mpeg2 > DVD HQ

Render the file and save the file to C:My Works

Now you have a finished video which you can bring back into PD.

I'm concerned as to why you're getting the error message - and since you haven't selected any chapters I'm wondering if you have a corrupted media file.

The Produce instructions i have given should work - if it fails it's an indication you've a problem with a media selection in your project.

I'm hopeful my suggestion will work - try it and see.

Dafydd

Quote: thanks Dafydd, I did find some of this after I posted my error. Cyberlink has had me to all sorts of things (uninstall, reinstall) but none has worked yet. Is there a way I can produce it to an AVI and burn it with Roxio? I am desperate to get this done. I have paid for technical support but that too got me no where.

So are you saying there is a bug in the program that is causing this? Cyberlink does not have a fix? I can't keep wasting my time if there is no solution. I am not using chapters in my production only pictures. jpg, moving .mov some music, 7 titles and a short clip of voice.

I do appreciate any help
Peggy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2007 15:30

Peggy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wanted to let you know that you were the only one that solved my problem. I tired voice and email support and they had me do things that only created more work.

I went back and checked to see what I had in chapters and as far as I knew I had none. There were two and once I deleted them i burned just fine. Oh how happy I was to see COMPLETED.

My Christmas will be MERRY and THANK YOU
Peggy
Shaan [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Toronto/Canada Joined: Dec 10, 2007 23:17 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peggy. I'm glad you were able to resolve this error. I too was constantly receiving it, and thanks to Dafydd, was able to resolve it by REMOVING the chapters. I then sent him a sample of a short movie which consistently reproduced the error. Hopefully Cyberlink can resolve this.

Their support wasn't very helpfull at all. I was able to discover far more information on this issue in this forum. I wish they could have simply told me it's a bug in the software, rather than have me spend hours updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. etc. I came very close to paying for voice support, before discovering this forum.

As Dafydd suggested, you can also produce the movie directly to MPeg, and skip the need to create chapters in the first place. The new Mpeg can then be brought into any program, or even burned as a data file directly to DVD. The only downside is, of course, the lack of chapters and a menu.

Cheers,
Shaan
Peggy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think between you two you have helped a lot of people. You have I think more patience then I. I paid for voice support which I now regret since that was wasting money. I even paid for a computer tech to come over Sunday which costs $100.00. This bug has cost me so much time and money.

I am burning away though so I can smile again. Thanks